VE RUNABOUT Impressions Thread
Apr 24, 2016 at 12:12 PM Post #212 of 323
RA Plus GREAT!! :scream:
13055110_1047712311989914_3563467454959923849_o.jpg

Clean, bright, with a crisp!:ok_hand::clap::dart::slot_machine:

Apr 24, 2016 at 12:18 PM Post #213 of 323
Yes, it is not being offered on Aliexpress yet.  I ordered through Taobao (part of the Alibaba Group, a Chinese website), from VE's official store.  It seems the first batch of RA2.0 released would be quite limited in number, and I heard that a lot of Chinese VE Zen users would be ordering.

Not sure about VE's plans for release on Aliexpress, I assume it will be offered later.  I will try to get some impressions posted here when I receive mine.

Apr 28, 2016 at 12:30 PM Post #214 of 323
Woohoo!  I have just received the Runabout 2.0 today!

I have ordered a few rechargeable 9V batteries, but they have not arrived yet.  So for now, I am only using the DC power supply to power the amp.  I was told that the performance would improve with the 9V batteries, so I am not going to give very detailed impressions now.  Treat the following out-of-the-box comments with a grain of salt, since it's really late here and I have only had a very brief listen.  (But I already feel like I don't want to go to work tomorrow, as I want to stay with this new toy after listening to it for only an hour ...)

Now if you could excuse my messy desk ... my RA 2.0 is shown below.

Player: Fiio X5 (1st Gen)
Amp: VE Runabout 2.0
Headphones: AKG K7XX
Interconnect: bundled interconnect from VE
Music: 16/44 and 24/96 FLACs

The amp is built like a tank - this is the most sturdy amp I have ever own.  I don't know how you can break it - even if you have it run over by a car.  Quite heavy, so I would categorize it as a transportable but not portable amp.  You can see from the photos that it is more than 2 times bigger than the Fiio X5.

Good driving power comparing with my other amps.  It can power my K7XX to listenable levels on low gain, at 12 o'clock (yes, I prefer louder listening levels) - way more powerful than my Geek Pulse X, which can barely power the K7XX at medium gain and a very high volume level.  Very spacious, transparent sound.  Sounds neutral, with good detail retrieval.  I have not heard my K7XX performed better in another setup - the RA 2.0 has significantly improved the sound of my K7XX, giving it a very lively and natural presentation.  I really enjoy using this setup to listen to several live recordings.

Separation is good, but I look forward to better separation after burning in / switching to the 9V batteries.  I am so far quite satisfied with the purchase.

Unfortunately, I haven't tried the RA 1.0 before.  I was told that RA 2.0 is an improvement over RA 1.0, but I cannot verify this statement.  I know, however, that the RA 2.0 is over 2 times more expensive than the RA 1.0.

Apr 28, 2016 at 5:17 PM Post #216 of 323
Woohoo!  I have just received the Runabout 2.0 today!

I have ordered a few rechargeable 9V batteries, but they have not arrived yet.  So for now, I am only using the DC power supply to power the amp.  I was told that the performance would improve with the 9V batteries, so I am not going to give very detailed impressions now.  Treat the following out-of-the-box comments with a grain of salt, since it's really late here and I have only had a very brief listen.  (But I already feel like I don't want to go to work tomorrow, as I want to stay with this new toy after listening to it for only an hour ...)

Now if you could excuse my messy desk ... my RA 2.0 is shown below.

Player: Fiio X5 (1st Gen)
Amp: VE Runabout 2.0
Headphones: AKG K7XX
Interconnect: bundled interconnect from VE
Music: 16/44 and 24/96 FLACs

The amp is built like a tank - this is the most sturdy amp I have ever own.  I don't know how you can break it - even if you have it run over by a car.  Quite heavy, so I would categorize it as a transportable but not portable amp.  You can see from the photos that it is more than 2 times bigger than the Fiio X5.

Good driving power comparing with my other amps.  It can power my K7XX to listenable levels on low gain, at 12 o'clock (yes, I prefer louder listening levels) - way more powerful than my Geek Pulse X, which can barely power the K7XX at medium gain and a very high volume level.  Very spacious, transparent sound.  Sounds neutral, with good detail retrieval.  I have not heard my K7XX performed better in another setup - the RA 2.0 has significantly improved the sound of my K7XX, giving it a very lively and natural presentation.  I really enjoy using this setup to listen to several live recordings.

Separation is good, but I look forward to better separation after burning in / switching to the 9V batteries.  I am so far quite satisfied with the purchase.

Unfortunately, I haven't tried the RA 1.0 before.  I was told that RA 2.0 is an improvement over RA 1.0, but I cannot verify this statement.  I know, however, that the RA 2.0 is over 2 times more expensive than the RA 1.0.

It needs about 100 hours to burn in. Kk advice

Apr 28, 2016 at 7:53 PM Post #217 of 323
For home use...How do i need connect an external dac to this 2.0?

May 7, 2016 at 2:43 AM Post #222 of 323
Who is the seller..microwing= ve mr Lee?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back