VE RUNABOUT Impressions Thread
Nov 9, 2015 at 9:20 PM Post #121 of 323
Am I able to get the runabout? The price on aliexpress is 169; I heard that the MSRP is 99.

They mark it up like that when out of stock. The price is $99 when in stock.

Nov 12, 2015 at 1:53 PM Post #122 of 323
You know what sucks? 

The Zen 1.0!

You want to know why?

Because I have been listening to these and they are so much better the Zen 1 isn't going to get anymore listening time.... like at all. 

The Zen 2 has been rocking my world today since it arrived. Can't take them out of my ears! 

The new custom transparent shells are more comfortable and the new cable looks sexy af and is much easier to handle than the Zen 1.0 cable. Very much like the Duke Cable also has an L shaped cable. 

Most importantt thing: It is a noticeable jump in sound quality, not just aesthetics. So let me talk about the sound quality first.

The Zen 2 is MUCH MUCH easier to drive. Much more sensitive than the first Zen. Ignore the first pic with the Amp, it runs just fine out of the X7, but a high quality amp will always improve things! You can run it out of anything with decent power (other FiiO daps and such I would imagine). Much appreciated improvement over the Zen 1.0.

Do note that I am using my earbuds foamless and out of my Geek Out V2 and the X7 and these are my initial impressions:

1. these immediately sound fuller without using foams 
  2. much more detailed with better micro details 
  3. denser sound and richer and still has that PRaT factor
  4. The Zen 1.0 sounded subpar with my phone whereas the Zen 2.0 actually sounds enjoyable but still not as good as with a DAP or attaching an amp to the phone but the Zen 2.0 is still much easier to drive than the Zen 1.0
  5. Soundstage sounds like I am using full size open backs. No joke. Massive soundstage with great depth height and width
  6. Treble sounds articulate and precise - cymbal splashes are defined without being crispy
  7. The Zen 2.0 isn't just marginally better but quite a bit better than the 1.0, an upgrade in every sense of the word
  8. Guitars sound so damn good thanks due to the midrange, good body and imaging as well!
  9. Dat bass control and texture!

I will update with more impresses after burning them in more. 

My summary of the Zen 2.0: 
eek.gif
 (my face while listening to it)

Nov 12, 2015 at 4:12 PM Post #125 of 323
Nice, Tamal! Glad we finally got some impressions!!!

Tracking for mine still says "accepted" and says they're in China. Last update 11/5. Sure hope it's wrong!
confused.gif

Hopefully its just the software being slow to update!

You know what sucks? Tamal does!!! 
biggrin.gif

So jelly! Can't wait to receive mine!!!

Its worth the wait :)

Nov 16, 2015 at 1:20 PM Post #130 of 323
My review is up:

http://www.head-fi.org/products/venture-electronics-ve-runabout-portable-amplifier/reviews/14527

Nov 16, 2015 at 2:47 PM Post #132 of 323
  My review is up:

http://www.head-fi.org/products/venture-electronics-ve-runabout-portable-amplifier/reviews/14527

Nice carbon fiber wrap job, Peter! SQ and battery life on this guy are awesome - like the Energizer Bunny of portable amps!!!

What is this product? I found it on the Taobao site for VE.

Don't go there unless you're ready to start modding, my friend. @Joe Bloggs just posted a cotton wool mod for these that clean up a major treble spike. Lee at VE told me to just wait for them to release full-size cans that he's happier with.

Nov 16, 2015 at 3:02 PM Post #133 of 323
Nice carbon fiber wrap job, Peter! SQ and battery life on this guy are awesome - like the Energizer Bunny of portable amps!!!

Thanks! Yes indeed, gotta love amps with more than 20 hours of battery life :)

Nov 21, 2015 at 3:30 AM Post #134 of 323
  What is this product? I found it on the Taobao site for VE.

Whoa I have been wondering where I saw those a while ago. thanks for pointing those out again.

Nov 21, 2015 at 4:21 PM Post #135 of 323
Runabout review posted - http://www.head-fi.org/products/venture-electronics-ve-runabout-portable-amplifier/reviews/14563

Users who are viewing this thread

Back