VE Odyssey - Discussions and Impressions Thread
Nov 21, 2018 at 1:01 AM Post #166 of 244
Does anybody know how to reduce static noise or radio-frequency interference noise caused by mobile signal in VE Odessey ?
The noise stops if i put phone in airplane mode. Phone is Honor View 10. And heard that not all phones have this issue .

Nov 22, 2018 at 3:42 AM Post #167 of 244
I only want to know if it sounds better than my phone s8. If yes, it's already a winner . I don't think u can find anything comparable at this price other than apples own new type c cable which is 10 bucks.
I got mine already in 8 days from China to Germany. My other 11.11 orders are still getting ready in china mwanwhile :wink: haven't listened thoroughly to mention the differences. On first listen, it is different from the s8s spund, doesn't get as loud as the s8 stock but immediately noticed that the tin audio t2 sounds very pleasing with it. Also sound is big bodied. But overall a little slow. It's not an energetic dac. But very easy to listen. Also it picked up the static once a tram went near by But it happened only once. Need some time before I can sum up the differences.

Nov 22, 2018 at 2:11 PM Post #168 of 244
My update, again another session of listening, the static thing in my case is real. Its like hearing a FM radio now, always some pops :frowning2: I contacted Veclan seller, hopefully he would come back with a solution. Its there even when the music is not played. also some small dot .. dot .. dot sound as if the left and right channels are shorted inside somehow. Looking by the build quality I do not think its physically damaged from outside somehow. Its like a tank, I think the chip inside itself has some problems.I really dont want go after the sellers for anything after buying. just wanted to enjoy it right away. :frowning2: The unit is only used under 1 hour in total and its already faulty.

Nov 22, 2018 at 2:13 PM Post #169 of 244
My update, again another session of listening, the static thing in my case is real. Its like hearing a FM radio now, always some pops :frowning2: I contacted Veclan seller, hopefully he would come back with a solution. Its there even when the music is not played. also some small dot .. dot .. dot sound as if the left and right channels are shorted inside somehow. Looking by the build quality I do not think its physically damaged from outside somehow. Its like a tank, I think the chip inside itself has some problems.I really dont want go after the sellers for anything after buying. just wanted to enjoy it right away. :frowning2: The unit is only used under 1 hour in total and its already faulty.

Exactly. I do have the same. But when i switch off network by Turning ON airplane mode the noise goes off

Nov 23, 2018 at 3:12 AM Post #170 of 244
For me when it happens only on mobile data. Wifi is clean sounding. But, it kind of defeats the purpose, as one cannot use it outside the home, with phones data turned on. What about others?

Nov 24, 2018 at 5:11 AM Post #171 of 244
First of all I doubt as such a loud noise can be called a hiss. Moreover, the sound occurs at random with and that too with particular phone - Leagoo in my case. But no such strong and loud hiss with my Xperia XA1 or LG V20. With Xperia there are intermittent noise due to interference of GSM signal but they are soft and tolerable and not.like the loud ear shattering hiss. However, I will recheck as per your advices.

I think Hidizs Sonata is of equal volume as VE Odyssey if not more. But there is no loud hissing noise till now. Moreover the sound also appears better to me. But the cable of Odyssey is more protected and covered in a tough case but Hidizs cable is naked and appears more prone to damage.

I bought Hidizs from the official hidizs site at perhaps 29 plus USD after a 10 USD discount which is still available for all.

Well, that really sucks. I was hoping one of these third party dongles was gonna save the day. I ordered both Sonata and Odyssey.

I just upgrade from V20 to P20 Pro. Love the Phone but...

How come people are not mentioning how horrible these stock usb C dongles sound? I mean, the output is not by any means ok or acceptable with any tested headphone. I wouldn't call it usable.

I was going to sell the V20 but now I'm using it to listen to music in bed.

The state of smartphone audio right now is terrible. The LG V20 got terribly slow after Android was upgraded. The newest LG offers aren't up to par with the top players. Gotta really hate Apple for killing the 3.5mm output.

Nov 24, 2018 at 7:13 AM Post #172 of 244
My Xperia XA1 Plus connects promptly every time I push in the DAC. Actually it will need an amp capable of USB audio. I think you already know about these amps. If not, please note that you need to download a USB Audio capable app (such as Hiby-Free or UAPP, Neutron etc). Its better to try with Hiby first since its free and capable enough. Open app - in settings, enable USB AUDIO. Close app and push the DAC in. Once recognised, Hiby will pop up a dialogue box, accept and press OK. Open HIBY again and music should now play from USB C DAC plus earphone. Regarding Autoplay whichever app you are using - there should be an option in the settings to disable instant playing whenever headphones are inserted.

Nov 24, 2018 at 7:35 AM Post #173 of 244
My Xperia XA1 Plus connects promptly every time I push in the DAC. Actually it will need an amp capable of USB audio. I think you already know about these amps. If not, please note that you need to download a USB Audio capable app (such as Hiby-Free or UAPP, Neutron etc). Its better to try with Hiby first since its free and capable enough. Open app - in settings, enable USB AUDIO. Close app and push the DAC in. Once recognised, Hiby will pop up a dialogue box, accept and press OK. Open HIBY again and music should now play from USB C DAC plus earphone. Regarding Autoplay whichever app you are using - there should be an option in the settings to disable instant playing whenever headphones are inserted.

I've tried your recommendations, but it still doesn't work. When the Odessey is connected to the XA1, the "USB connection" notification starts to flicker. However, if I connect it to my PC or Huawei via an OTG cable, it works perfectly, albeit the auto-playing when I connect headphones to it. I also auto-plays when I plug it into my PC. I'm sure I've turned the autoplay settings off. I highly suspect the issue is on the Odessey's side.

Nov 24, 2018 at 10:19 AM Post #175 of 244
your suspicion seems correct The Odyssey may be at fault, particularly the firmware. Did you take up with VE?
Mine connects without issue. Try in some other phone with USB C and see the result.

Oh, it works with my Asus phone flawlessly without autoplay. Weird. I'll try to figure something out then. Thanks for your help! :D

Nov 26, 2018 at 6:18 AM Post #177 of 244
Exactly. I do have the same. But when i switch off network by Turning ON airplane mode the noise goes off
Have u tried with some other earphones? Initially I was using it with my Tin audio T2, it had that EMI issue. Then, I used it with my Bang and Olufsen H6, still had the issue. Then I contacted VE, they asked me to send me a photo. I really dont know how i can show a sound issue in a photo. Then I connected it to my home speakers to take a video, then there is no issue. Then I tried with another better shielded cable for the H6 and there is no issue. So , its like the earphones cable are working like an antenna for my Odessey, if they are not shielded they would pick up noise.Also when I plug in the tin audio immediately there is a tiny tiny slight hiss in the background.

Even with all these, I like how they sound,

Nov 27, 2018 at 7:25 AM Post #178 of 244
Again, is the 4 wire cabled earphone supposed to work as normal. anyone was able to use the mic on their earphones when routed through odessey, I tried with couple of earphones, but the mics werent functioning. Also, the call will be routed to the phone speaker when odessey is used. so, technically to attend a call you have to unplug the odessey, or use the phone speaker while the odessey would continue to play music through the earphones. Is this the expected behaviour?

Nov 28, 2018 at 2:12 AM Post #179 of 244
hi everyone, for those using USB Audio Pro on LG V20, is there a way to use the physical volume rockers on the side of the phone to adjust the volume when the VE Odyssey is connected and playing audio? so far it seems that only the "hardware volume" within UAPP will change the volume, with the software volume slider or the physical volume rocker on the phone not doing anything. i don't really wanna use the "hardware volume" setting in UAPP to adjust the volume as its several taps away (as opposed to having a physical volume rocker on the side of the phone), so appreciate any audio pros opinion on this

Nov 28, 2018 at 5:31 AM Post #180 of 244
hi everyone, for those using USB Audio Pro on LG V20, is there a way to use the physical volume rockers on the side of the phone to adjust the volume when the VE Odyssey is connected and playing audio? so far it seems that only the "hardware volume" within UAPP will change the volume, with the software volume slider or the physical volume rocker on the phone not doing anything. i don't really wanna use the "hardware volume" setting in UAPP to adjust the volume as its several taps away (as opposed to having a physical volume rocker on the side of the phone), so appreciate any audio pros opinion on this
Why do you need Odessey if you already have a v20. Did it improve the sound of V20?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back