VE Odyssey - Discussions and Impressions Thread
Dec 23, 2018 at 6:16 PM Post #196 of 244
I think the power of Odyssey grows with bigger power supply like on a computer versus on a phone.
Interesting concept - any proof?

Dec 23, 2018 at 8:42 PM Post #197 of 244
No proof, other than it is growing on me. Come on small phones have current limiters to save battery, but hurts performance. I figure that was good enough for me. Anyway I don't hear the Odyssey as low power like the headphone jack of ipad mini.
But I only used it with a Mac and I think Odyssey punches way above its weight in weight and cost.

Dec 24, 2018 at 12:44 AM Post #198 of 244
No proof, other than it is growing on me. Come on small phones have current limiters to save battery, but hurts performance. I figure that was good enough for me. Anyway I don't hear the Odyssey as low power like the headphone jack of ipad mini.
But I only used it with a Mac and I think Odyssey punches way above its weight in weight and cost.
asr tested it on computer

Dec 24, 2018 at 4:16 AM Post #199 of 244
I think the power of Odyssey grows with bigger power supply like on a computer versus on a phone.
For me, the loudness is more on PC. But not on Android the few steps of volume is really loud. If you translate power to more dynamics and more tightness in sound, i think thats not happening here. Its just gets insalely loud with the same profile.

Jan 5, 2019 at 10:40 PM Post #201 of 244
Has anyone try to connect it to a micro usb phone? I use my DOCOMO S4 phone as an DAP, I'm ordering the Odyssey but not sure if it'll work or not. Any advice? BTW has anyone try to connect it to an amp, just for testing ?

Jan 5, 2019 at 11:46 PM Post #202 of 244
I know that I can use it with samsung galaxy s4, with a cable and an adapter, but samsung probably has on-the-go built it, (or so I have heard)

Jan 15, 2019 at 10:40 PM Post #204 of 244
Just recieved this magnificient thingy today cant tell if i like this or the Hidizs sonata II better. This gives off slightly less low end, which is good for my warm xelentos. 15$ is rediculous, just buy it.

Jan 16, 2019 at 5:39 AM Post #205 of 244
Just recieved this magnificient thingy today cant tell if i like this or the Hidizs sonata II better. This gives off slightly less low end, which is good for my warm xelentos. 15$ is rediculous, just buy it.
What I really like is the midrange, low is there, but not tight, but its ignorable for the price. Build is also amazing. The guy at Veclan has a nice warranty policy. I said, mine has static, what should i do, he asked me destroy the dac and send him a pic and he would refund. While I liked the idea of what he said, so that I wont cheat him , get the money and continue using, I didnt feel like destroying this beautiful thing. Mine still has static but I learned to ignore it. Its

Jan 16, 2019 at 5:45 AM Post #206 of 244
What I really like is the midrange, low is there, but not tight, but its ignorable for the price. Build is also amazing. The guy at Veclan has a nice warranty policy. I said, mine has static, what should i do, he asked me destroy the dac and send him a pic and he would refund. While I liked the idea of what he said, so that I wont cheat him , get the money and continue using, I didnt feel like destroying this beautiful thing. Mine still has static but I learned to ignore it. Its

That is the stupidest craziest crap i ever heard. It even sounds childish. I can't believe professional people still use this kind of bull with their customers. I thought VE Clan is really concerned about their customers.

Jan 16, 2019 at 5:56 AM Post #207 of 244
That is the stupidest craziest **** i ever heard. It even sounds childish. I can't believe professional people still use this kind of bull**** with their customers. I thought VE Clan is really concerned about their customers.
To say, it sounded very harsh to me as well. Got me really angry, then when I thought about it again, past his freaking attitude, this is pretty much the max some caopany can provide to a customer, to be specific - 100% refund is the maximum you can get on a any product which you dont like even on amazon. Amazon takes the stuff back, ebay does the refund if its defective(again useless) in this case , u get the refund and u cannot use it, which is apparently same as what these companies do - only with a difference - u will have a feeling of being treated like a thief being caught in act! In other words, Asian companies, whether small or big, still need to learn about keeping customers comfortable.

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2019 at 6:03 AM Post #208 of 244
That is the stupidest craziest **** i ever heard. It even sounds childish. I can't believe professional people still use this kind of bull**** with their customers. I thought VE Clan is really concerned about their customers.

Try looking at it from another POV. At the price, its not worth arranging a return - so if the unit is faulty, the easiest and cheapest way of arranging a refund is to provide proof of destruction, and immediately refund (which is what he's arranging). The only one out of pocket is Lee, and the customer has an instant money back guarantee. Its actually a really high level of customer service. Customer then has the option of ordering a replacement if he wants.

If you don't immediately put a negative spin on this and see it for what it is - its actually a pretty good deal.

Jan 16, 2019 at 11:14 AM Post #209 of 244
Try looking at it from another POV. At the price, its not worth arranging a return - so if the unit is faulty, the easiest and cheapest way of arranging a refund is to provide proof of destruction, and immediately refund (which is what he's arranging). The only one out of pocket is Lee, and the customer has an instant money back guarantee. Its actually a really high level of customer service. Customer then has the option of ordering a replacement if he wants.

If you don't immediately put a negative spin on this and see it for what it is - its actually a pretty good deal.
Yes I don't have any complaints. I think he cannot do anything better. I just wanted to explain its a bit strange. Imagine microsoft asking you to smash your xbox and send them a picture for a refund. Or trashing your oled tv so lg can refund you. The solution is sensiblw, but not what you find normal.

As a person who loves good sound and sounding products, to me I find it disrespectful to destroy a device which we are passionate about. I find it hurting to do it. I don't know about others.

Jan 16, 2019 at 12:43 PM Post #210 of 244
Razer support had a similar practice with cutting the mouse chord, then send pictures. It shows your not bsing and will wait some time for the new arrival.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back