VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand
Mar 20, 2016 at 3:10 PM Post #3,106 of 3,324
PK3 isn't bad. It's got a fun type of sound and used to be the budget earbud champion. Monk beats it though. PK2 is more neutral and better than PK3 but not necessarily Monk. Shozy Cygnus is supposed to be even better than PK2 and not too far from Zen 1 & 2. So like golov17 writes, perhaps Cygnus can be a suggestion...

Hmm, The Shozy Cygnus looks interesting. Why do they have to look so generic lol?

Mar 20, 2016 at 3:24 PM Post #3,107 of 3,324
N
PK3 isn't bad. It's got a fun type of sound and used to be the budget earbud champion. Monk beats it though. PK2 is more neutral and better than PK3 but not necessarily Monk. Shozy Cygnus is supposed to be even better than PK2 and not too far from Zen 1

Hmm, The Shozy Cygnus looks interesting. Why do they have to look so generic lol?

I actually think they don't look generic bc of the cable. There is a Cygnus thread that has all the review FYI

Mar 20, 2016 at 3:40 PM Post #3,108 of 3,324

Well, the housing that Cygnus uses is pretty unusual. Only Yuin uses the same as far as I know. The Sennheiser MX400/500 housing that VE earbuds uses is far more common (for example Blox also uses them).

Mar 20, 2016 at 6:07 PM Post #3,109 of 3,324
So it seems like the general consensus here is that the main/close competitor on the market to the Zen is the SHOZY Cygnus? 

I know there's a lot of different brands of earbuds like MrZ MusicMakers and Dark Horse etc, but the one that I see always compared is the Cygnus. If true, I'll put in an order of the Cygnus soon then. 

Mar 20, 2016 at 6:14 PM Post #3,111 of 3,324
  So it seems like the general consensus here is that the main/close competitor on the market to the Zen is the SHOZY Cygnus? 

I know there's a lot of different brands of earbuds like MrZ MusicMakers and Dark Horse etc, but the one that I see always compared is the Cygnus. If true, I'll put in an order of the Cygnus soon then. 

I think I've also seen mentioned Tomahawk, Lyra, KC08, Celsus Gramo... except I think they are so expensive hardly anyone has heard them
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 20, 2016 at 6:46 PM Post #3,112 of 3,324
I think I've also seen mentioned Tomahawk, Lyra, KC08, Celsus Gramo... except I think they are so expensive hardly anyone has heard them :veryevil:

Except that you can buy all of those together for less than what one pair of high end custom IEMs costs...

Mar 20, 2016 at 7:30 PM Post #3,113 of 3,324
Mar 20, 2016 at 8:04 PM Post #3,114 of 3,324

I have the Mr Z Tomahawks on their way to me now...going to do some comparisons with the Zen, Monk and Asura, as well as the Blox BE3 and M2C...

Let us know how they fare once you do :D 

I also have some Cygnus coming my way. I'll be adding them to the lineup above...

Mar 20, 2016 at 9:55 PM Post #3,116 of 3,324
  Did you find the Monks better than the Blox BE3? I found the Monks better or as good as all the BE series and M2C which is what really surprised me. 

I did indeed. I had actually started to get a little jaded with the earbud market until VE burst onto the scene with the Zen and Asura (v1). The Monk has very quickly become the benchmark for me. Lee is a crafty bugger though. The Monk is a brilliant earbud, but if you ever have a niggling doubt about how brilliant, and think that perhaps another edges it out, that price-tag (and yes, I know this sounds a little crass, but its the truth) seals the deal. He's onto something here...

Mar 21, 2016 at 12:25 AM Post #3,117 of 3,324

I did indeed. I had actually started to get a little jaded with the earbud market until VE burst onto the scene with the Zen and Asura (v1). The Monk has very quickly become the benchmark for me. Lee is a crafty bugger though. The Monk is a brilliant earbud, but if you ever have a niggling doubt about how brilliant, and think that perhaps another edges it out, that price-tag (and yes, I know this sounds a little crass, but its the truth) seals the deal. He's onto something here...

Ya me too. Half the earbud hype products I never thought lived up to the enthusiasm. The Monk has been the first budget earbud to completely live up to the massive hype. I am being told a lot that the Tomahawks and SHOZY Cygnus is up there too living up to the hype. I'll probably pick one of them up soon. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back