VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand
Mar 16, 2016 at 12:59 PM Post #3,094 of 3,324
  Traded my Zen 2 for a pair of Zen 1. The sound of Zen 1 is more to my liking than Zen 2, which I still appreciate for their technical capabilities. Truly amazing sound from the Zen 1! Wow!

What were you driving the Zen 2 with? I found that the Zen 2 scaled very well with gear. I really like the RunABOUT + Zen 2 combo :)  

Mar 20, 2016 at 12:53 PM Post #3,100 of 3,324
I have an odd question. Are these good for sleeping on the side? I am debating between the VE Zen 2.0, the LZ-A3 and the new DQSM.

I'd recommend Yuin PK3 or PK2. More expensive than Monks but smaller and less obtrusive than Monk if you want to use them while sleeping...

Mar 20, 2016 at 1:20 PM Post #3,103 of 3,324
Sound quality is important too. I'm used to the PAI MR3 or DQSM levels of quality in earphones. That's why I was looking at the Zen 2.0.

PK3 isn't bad. It's got a fun type of sound and used to be the budget earbud champion. Monk beats it though. PK2 is more neutral and better than PK3 but not necessarily Monk. Shozy Cygnus is supposed to be even better than PK2 and not too far from Zen 1 & 2. So like golov17 writes, perhaps Cygnus can be a suggestion...

Mar 20, 2016 at 1:54 PM Post #3,104 of 3,324
PK3 isn't bad. It's got a fun type of sound and used to be the budget earbud champion. Monk beats it though. PK2 is more neutral and better than PK3 but not necessarily Monk. Shozy Cygnus is supposed to be even better than PK2 and not too far from Zen 1 & 2. So like golov17 writes, perhaps Cygnus can be a suggestion...

I had a brief exchange with the folks at Shozy and just paid for a pair of Cygnus and an Alien Gold Edition DAP. Should be interesting to hear a full Shozy rig...

Mar 20, 2016 at 2:31 PM Post #3,105 of 3,324

I had a brief exchange with the folks at Shozy and just paid for a pair of Cygnus and an Alien Gold Edition DAP. Should be interesting to hear a full Shozy rig...

Indeed.

On another note I'm gonna be receiving the FiiO buds soon, I'm wondering how these compare to the Monks :b

Users who are viewing this thread

Back