VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand
Dec 22, 2015 at 9:03 AM Post #2,671 of 3,324
Hi everyone,

Just received my donut rubbers.
So far, I don't see any improvement of the sound (maybe even a bit less details).
About the comfort, it's disapointing to my ears as rubber edges are a bit squared.
Overall not very good experience then.
After 10 mins of play, I already decided to take them off and store them in my earbuds tool box.

So definitely, best V2.0 sounding method is still naked (at least for me) :wink:

Cheers'

Dec 22, 2015 at 9:13 AM Post #2,672 of 3,324
Awaiting my balanced V2 Zen, sent back the V1, really curious to hear the update.

Dec 22, 2015 at 10:52 AM Post #2,673 of 3,324
Awaiting my balanced V2 Zen, sent back the V1, really curious to hear the update.

I checked my tracking on my Pono-balanced V2 today....last I saw they were languishing in Shenzen. Got a pleasant surprise. They are here and scheduled to arrive with tonight's mail...only took 9 days (I am in Southern California)!

Most excited to finally hear them. I don't doubt they will be more than pleasing.

Dec 22, 2015 at 11:07 AM Post #2,674 of 3,324
Congrats, be using mine balanced for Pono as well, looking forward to your impressions.

Dec 22, 2015 at 9:08 PM Post #2,675 of 3,324
Congrats, be using mine balanced for Pono as well, looking forward to your impressions.

Crap...mailman came and went. Unless they are running double trucks for the holiday season I guess I'm waiting until tomorrow's run for them. *sigh*

Dec 22, 2015 at 9:19 PM Post #2,676 of 3,324
Took me 3 days to finally connect with the delivery truck for the Liquid Carbon...

Dec 23, 2015 at 8:56 AM Post #2,678 of 3,324
No rush on my end, will be happy to hear it whenever it comes...:)

Dec 23, 2015 at 1:01 PM Post #2,679 of 3,324
No rush on my end, will be happy to hear it whenever it comes...
smily_headphones1.gif

A pleasant surprise this morning...went out to run an errand early, came back and the box with my Zen V2, balanced for Pono, was waiting on my doormat
biggrin.gif

Pulled them out and plugged them in, and instantly added foams after a few seconds of listening to them naked. Just felt wrong and too thin without the foams. I am a creature of habit...they sound fantastic. Going to give them some time to settle in while I am out doing some last minute shopping this morning, but they are already sounding better than my Zen V1...less mid-centric (which I will miss, so I'll hang onto my V1 as well, greedy bugger that I am...), just as detailed, and still sounding like a pair of full-size cans...better than some full-size cans.

A little time with them and I believe a second review or an amendment to my first will be in order...

Dec 23, 2015 at 4:44 PM Post #2,681 of 3,324
Glad you finally got them and can share in the Zen 2.0 love fest!
beerchug.gif

...sitting here listening to Spanish Key from Bitches Brew by Miles Davis in 24/96 via the Pono, balanced...am extremely glad to be here 
biggrin.gif

Dec 23, 2015 at 5:50 PM Post #2,682 of 3,324
  Hi everyone,

Just received my donut rubbers.
So far, I don't see any improvement of the sound (maybe even a bit less details).
About the comfort, it's disapointing to my ears as rubber edges are a bit squared.
Overall not very good experience then.
After 10 mins of play, I already decided to take them off and store them in my earbuds tool box.

So definitely, best V2.0 sounding method is still naked (at least for me) :wink:

Cheers'

same here, I just got my rubber rings from aliexpress and was very disappointed. Extremely uncomfortable, expensive, and inconsistently cut. While they do make it more listenable than naked, it's nowhere near enough. Bass extension is still pretty bad.
Back to full foams for me :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back