VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand
Nov 30, 2015 at 9:15 AM Post #2,512 of 3,324
I wonder if someone had an experience with Sony z5, care to make a comparison? Thanks

Nov 30, 2015 at 10:13 AM Post #2,513 of 3,324
I wish! I looked on AliExpress and can't find anything. Yuin has no email contact info - just a phone number. I did just email Lee and suggest he look into them. If he and kk like them, maybe they'll look into including them in the Zen 2.0 kit.
Thanks for the info bro. I'm hoping for that too from the reception of them here.

Nov 30, 2015 at 11:23 AM Post #2,514 of 3,324
Hi Peter, how do the Zen 2.0 compare to the Havi B3? 
At the moment my 3 most loved IEMs are Dunu Titan, Delta and Havi, but I've been really impressed by the VE Monk... so I'm a bit on the verge for the Zen 2.0

Tbh I find it really difficult to compare earbuds and IEM's (kind of similar to comparing headphones and IEM's, I don't like doing it because they're so different by design).

That being said I find them both very well balanced and equally enjoyable. I've also noticed that I tend to like them the most with similar sources as well (such as the SHOZY Lancea that has a bit of boosted bass or the Runabout that's slightly on the warm side).

I'm sorry that I can't be more specific but I hope this helps some.

Nov 30, 2015 at 3:34 PM Post #2,515 of 3,324
So what is the order of the VE earbuds, from flagship to Monk?  Is it Zen 2.0, Zen 1.0, Asura, Monk?  Also, are the others worth the price jump from Monk?

Nov 30, 2015 at 3:39 PM Post #2,516 of 3,324
  So what is the order of the VE earbuds, from flagship to Monk?  Is it Zen 2.0, Zen 1.0, Asura, Monk?  Also, are the others worth the price jump from Monk?

Correct. And whether it's worth it or not depends on your ears and budget.
Monk by itself is pretty much more than any average music listener will need.
Asura is a Monk upgrade and quite nice.
Zen is a flagship and best sound but you need an amp or else Asura will sound better. Although I must admit that on low volume, the Zen sounds better even without an amp.

Nov 30, 2015 at 4:31 PM Post #2,517 of 3,324
Don't forget Zen balanced, and Zen with the upgraded cable...

Nov 30, 2015 at 5:10 PM Post #2,518 of 3,324
Don't forget Zen balanced, and Zen with the upgraded cable...

Agreed. I am waiting for the Zen 2.0 balanced iteration to come out....still damn happy with the Zen 1.0 balanced out of my Pono.

Nov 30, 2015 at 5:17 PM Post #2,519 of 3,324
Guys I can't stress how important the rubber rim is to getting the best out of the Zen 2.0   To my ears, any sort of foam covering messes with the tonal balance. The sound I get when using a set of DIY rubber rims is akin to a full-size can. Without it the Zen 2 sound much thinner. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back