VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand
Jul 22, 2015 at 10:57 PM Post #916 of 3,324
Just wanted to share with you guys and gals

1. The Monk sounds so good I can't fathom why will be selling for such a low price. Its an effing BARGAIN at this price. Its supposed to get better after 10 hours of burn in so I can't wait for that.

2. The duke: WOW. Thats all I can say :wink: Too early to give specific impressions but I am willing to say that they have really impressed me out of the box for 
tongue.gif

ksc75smile.gif

And here it is compared to the Flare R2A: 

Jul 22, 2015 at 11:03 PM Post #917 of 3,324
  Just wanted to share with you guys and gals

1. The Monk sounds so good I can't see how they will be selling at the current price. Its an effing BARGAIN at this price. Its supposed to get better after 10 hours of burn in so I can't wait for that.

2. The duke: WOW. Thats all I can say :wink: Too early to give specific impressions but I am willing to say that they have really impressed me out of the box for 
tongue.gif

ksc75smile.gif

And here it is compared to the Flare R2A: 

No idea if I didn't get the memo, but where can I buy myself a pair? I don't see them on Aliexpress.

Jul 22, 2015 at 11:15 PM Post #919 of 3,324

Hey its technically not out yet but will be very soon. Am just testing it out and giving feedback :)

Ah. I thought I wasn't caught up or missed something. Thanks for sharing your quick impressions!

Jul 22, 2015 at 11:31 PM Post #921 of 3,324
  Ah. I thought I wasn't caught up or missed something. Thanks for sharing your quick impressions!

No worries! Trust me the wait is worth it :)

RedJohn456, thanks :innocent:

Here are some pics of the monk (also, if you add the @ symbol before my username, I will get a notification and I won't miss the post)

I can't seem to get the Duke out of my ears and I am letting the monk burn in, but needless to say they will be getting a LOT of eartime. They sound good straight out of my blackberry and no amp needed! 

Jul 23, 2015 at 12:36 AM Post #923 of 3,324
RedJohn456: hakushondaimao said he'd be trying out The Duke soon. Are you his supplier? And what's up with the hole in the side of those foamies???

Hopefully fleasbaby is getting some to tour around the US. If not, I contacting Wild Lee because VE products are DA BOMB!!!

So I've heard Monk is like baby Zen. What % of Zen is Monk? Hmm?

And just what is Monk's target price? Hmm?

Jul 23, 2015 at 12:56 AM Post #928 of 3,324
@RedJohn456, nice, thanks :raising_hand:

You have to remove the comma or else it wont work unfortunately. It is quite picky like that.

@RedJohn456: @hakushondaimao said he'd be trying out The Duke soon. Are you his supplier? And what's up with the hole in the side of those foamies???

Hopefully @fleasbaby is getting some to tour around the US. If not, I contacting Wild Lee because VE products are DA BOMB!!!

Nope am not the supplier :p (but I did facilitate contact between VE and a few people), the units will be supplied from VE to the reviewers. Those are the foamies I got from Penon audio purchases haha. I need to get more comply tips and I am making do with what I have on hand :wink:

Monk will be retailing for 5 USD I believe. It has all the good characteristics of the Zen, but is lacking the refinement and tightly controlled dynamics. But honestly man it gets SCARY close (considering the price) to the gist of how the Zen sounds without the need of an amp and at 5 dollars. I will have to do some A/B listening to nail down the exact differences but like I said I am letting the Monk burning in and I was told that the bass improves after about 10 hours of burn in.

Jul 23, 2015 at 12:58 AM Post #929 of 3,324
@RedJohn456: @hakushondaimao said he'd be trying out The Duke soon. Are you his supplier? And what's up with the hole in the side of those foamies???

Hopefully @fleasbaby is getting some to tour around the US. If not, I contacting Wild Lee because VE products are DA BOMB!!!

@nmatheis, I cannot tell a lie. @RedJohn456 is my pusher, man (or at least he got me hooked up with VE). If there's no tour forthcoming, I can send The Duke to you for a listen when I've had a brief go with it.

Jul 23, 2015 at 1:08 AM Post #930 of 3,324

@nmatheis, I cannot tell a lie. @RedJohn456 is my pusher, man (or at least he got me hooked up with VE). If there's no tour forthcoming, I can send The Duke to you for a listen when I've had a brief go with it.

Eric you have some fantastic gear, so you might be able to test this, but I have a feeling the Duke scales VERY well with better gear. Like I was catching glimpses of what it is really capable of. The Duke can be pushed way beyond what my budget gear is capable off. I don't mean just the power but the quality of the amp itself. Like I would love to hear how it synergizes with the C5 vs Aune B1. But what I caught glimpses of was pretty scary (in a good way) :p  Also, do yourself a favor and pick up a set of comply tips. Try the ones with or wihtout filters as it can tweak the treble to your preference as well.

I have been comparing the R2A and Duke and I can describe the Duke with the following: BRUTALLY HONEST. If its in the song, you WILL hear it. It is so detailed but not analytical sounding. It is very revealing of source, more than any other iem I have ever heard. The R2A is warm and forgiving and pretty laid back in comparison and bass is more boomy. The bass on the Duke reminds me of the Ex1000, so tightly controlled, yummy and textured.

I had to hunt down quite a few flac files today to test this puppy out. Am happy with the results :)  I am gonna head off to a local store this weekend and try it with some stupidly expensive daps and amps to see what its made of :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back