VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand
Jun 4, 2015 at 11:51 AM Post #692 of 3,324
So after using the Zen for couple days now.  My ears getting hurt.  Now I know why 99% ppl want to use IEMs more than earbuds.
The sound from the Zen is amazing, it's just that it hurts my ears for some reason.

Jun 4, 2015 at 12:46 PM Post #694 of 3,324
  So after using the Zen for couple days now.  My ears getting hurt.  Now I know why 99% ppl want to use IEMs more than earbuds.
The sound from the Zen is amazing, it's just that it hurts my ears for some reason.

Having the same problems. Selling on the classifieds now. 

Odd, different strokes for different folks I guess. I use mine for all of my listening at work (roughly 2 hours a day, maybe more), no pain yet.

Jun 4, 2015 at 12:52 PM Post #695 of 3,324

if it hurts physically, then you might wanna to try to use it with foam on, it helps for some people.

And imho, I would not be using IEMs or Earbuds for above an hour, long term & high volumes will definitely damage one's hearing , some even cause permanent damage.  So it could be ur nerve endings being hurt when you say it  hurts.

But for some, it is unbearable to wear iems / earbuds, like it hurts to even put them on properly, I know many people that can't use IEMs that way too, it is not only just earbuds , and there are many different sharp / sizes of earbuds/iems as well.

All earbuds come with very poor sealing as well, some might tend to boost the volume way too high because of the noise outside, which is why some consider earbuds are worse for your hearing than IEMs, but the poor sealing is a good thing when in a not-so noise environment. some might find IEMS very uncomfortable to use because of the sealing.

So all in all, plz be gentle with your ears, as we might not get another pair in this life time.

Cheers 

Lee

p.s. if you are  not too sure about whether Zen will fit ur ear, try one locally, this classic shell is everywhere.

Jun 4, 2015 at 12:57 PM Post #696 of 3,324

I've been using IEMs quite a bit since getting addicted to headfi a few years ago, and I have I always found even the most comfortable iems become somewhat irritating after a while - just having a fullness in the ears from the tips seems to bug me a bit. So discovering the Zens (and Asuras) has been a pleasure for me due to how comfortable they are for me with the donut foams (as well as how good they sound). So like fleasbaby says... different strokes!

Jun 4, 2015 at 1:11 PM Post #698 of 3,324
All this talk about comfort.  My FAVORITE thing about earbuds is how great they feel in the ear for an extended time.  Most IEMs will bother me after just a short time.

That said, I've actually never used an Earbud without the foam.  The foam is like a little pillow in your ear that helps create a better seal and better comfort.

Jun 4, 2015 at 1:23 PM Post #700 of 3,324
See if it's still comfortable without foam:confounded:...seal=bass:blush:

Yea I tried the doughnut foam on and they made the bass sound a lot better imo.  But the reason why  I hate using these foams is because they will get dirty quick, especially the black ones.
Well it's not about uncomfortable or not, the Zen actually physically hurts my ears (not the nerves).  And without the foams, it literally doesn't have any bass.
Yea I know IEMs are uncomfortable for some people, but at least i know they're not hurting your ears.  There's a difference between hurting and uncomfortable.  Sorry if I offended anyone.

That doesn't mean that I don't like the Zen, it sounds amazing IMO.  

So right now Im looking at to buy a new IEM.  I was looking at the Aurisonics ASG-2.5 because al ot of ppl said it has amazing bass and sounds good too.  But it's $700 :p
Im still haven't decide if I should put down $700 for it yet.  

Jun 4, 2015 at 1:33 PM Post #703 of 3,324

See if it's still comfortable without foam:confounded:...seal=bass:blush:

Yea I tried the doughnut foam on and they made the bass sound a lot better imo.  But the reason why  I hate using these foams is because they will get dirty quick, especially the black ones.
Well it's not about uncomfortable or not, the Zen actually physically hurts my ears (not the nerves).  And without the foams, it literally doesn't have any bass.
Yea I know IEMs are uncomfortable for some people, but at least i know they're not hurting your ears.  There's a difference between hurting and uncomfortable.  Sorry if I offended anyone.

That doesn't mean that I don't like the Zen, it sounds amazing IMO.  

So right now Im looking at to buy a new IEM.  I was looking at the Aurisonics ASG-2.5 because al ot of ppl said it has amazing bass and sounds good too.  But it's $700 :p
Im still haven't decide if I should put down $700 for it yet.  

the foams are not that easy to get dirty, one pair can last at least a month and it is very very cheap to replace. 

I don't know what you mean by physically , do you feel ok with foams on?

About the bass, I should not say anything on this topic, but you might wanna give it a go on another amp. 

Cheers 

Lee

Users who are viewing this thread

Back