Vape-Fi
Nov 19, 2015 at 12:22 PM Post #1,561 of 3,183
EoM build... 2.5mm Hollow Ekowool over Mesh with 5x.1mm ribbon.

Arrived yesterday from 3F, Squape Rs.

Nov 19, 2015 at 1:42 PM Post #1,562 of 3,183

20ga?  that must be a typo.  or is it?  i did the 200 mesh core and 400 at the very top.  i have yet to try any nichrome 80.  that may be my next venture.  i should be getting that k.loud+g clone here real soon too.  i am enjoying the nextgen, but it's deff more of a mouth to lung atty. 

28g not 20. Just do a straghit 18mm x 45mm 200sf wick and it shouldn't be a problem.

Nov 20, 2015 at 12:29 AM Post #1,563 of 3,183
Been having some fun with the Aeronaut RDA. This thing rips, has great flavor, doesn't leak and allows for large builds.

No pics of the deck because I'm lazy and have a build in. :D. Pretty unique overall; no traditional deck, rather you have these plates that secure your leads.
The 'post' or plate holes are huge. I'd say you could get dual 18 in there no problem. So far I've rocked dual 20g, twisted 24, 26, some claptons and tiger wire.
The airflow can be very airy or cinched up tight. Bottom airflow provides some very good flavor. I'll have to spend much more time with it to conclude whether
I feel it's a top tier performer. 

Bottom airflow doesn't leak, due to gravity? I assume anyways. Probably the Aeronaut's best feature. And a good whoppin' 10mm well. Adjustable airflow, customizable
airflow and a very simplistic look to the RDA from the outside. Kennedy-like, for sure. I should note the reason the airflow is customizable are due to the airflow tubes.
There will be additional available in the future and a few have already modded their other stock spare tubes.

I honestly struggle to come up with a single con for this RDA. There's a learning curve to the build deck but this is more evident with thicker wires. I also prefer delrin
tips and the option for 510 adapters, etc, however, the included drip tip is a wide bore and hasn't really gotten warm on me. So I can live with it.

$70 so it's a no brainer to me. 

Nov 23, 2015 at 12:01 PM Post #1,565 of 3,183
20g dual coil 2.5mm or so 0.08. This is what I'm preferring in the Aeronaut to any clapton or tiger coils. Biggest pain in the ass I find is
thicker wire like 20g is a fickle process to get those plates to clamp down for a completely secure connection. There is a work around, though.
Capture a lead under the screw to alleviate the plate's pressure. It works, but is equally a pain to capture 20g.

I think next I'll look into flattening the wire and see if that doesn't streamline the process more. All in all, though, I prefer my Archon a slight bit more.
I can get a more dense vape with the stepdown airflow on the Archon and that's the biggest key, personally. Aeronaut still chucks some clouds and retains
good flavor. I'll just have to wait for more airflow tube options and see if I can't cinch both top and bottom airflow down to give that more warmer desired vape.

Nov 23, 2015 at 1:30 PM Post #1,566 of 3,183
Vape'n on XCube II with TFV4 with clapton coils, so sweet!  Now to decide to Jwrap it or send off for some laser engraving.        

Nov 23, 2015 at 3:45 PM Post #1,567 of 3,183
Ugh, dropped my Bellus on Saturday and broke the glass. The tank has a couple nicks but it's not a big deal. I'm so glad they come with an extra glass piece.

I'm going to try doing another build with longer tails so it'll hopefully leak less. I don't mind a few drops leaking when filling but mine kept leaking even if it was tilted a bit.

I also just got my 3 70/30 juices from Mech Sauce so I'm hoping the thinner liquid will help the tank wick easier. The max VG stuff didn't work so well in the tank.

I'm back to using the Derringer clone on the D2 for the time being.

Nov 23, 2015 at 6:17 PM Post #1,568 of 3,183
  20g dual coil 2.5mm or so 0.08. This is what I'm preferring in the Aeronaut to any clapton or tiger coils. Biggest pain in the ass I find is
thicker wire like 20g is a fickle process to get those plates to clamp down for a completely secure connection. There is a work around, though.
Capture a lead under the screw to alleviate the plate's pressure. It works, but is equally a pain to capture 20g.

I think next I'll look into flattening the wire and see if that doesn't streamline the process more. All in all, though, I prefer my Archon a slight bit more.
I can get a more dense vape with the stepdown airflow on the Archon and that's the biggest key, personally. Aeronaut still chucks some clouds and retains
good flavor. I'll just have to wait for more airflow tube options and see if I can't cinch both top and bottom airflow down to give that more warmer desired vape.

that' was my first thought as i read your post regarding trapping the thick wires. the review that i watched on the aeronaut, the guy had some pretty gnarly stapled claptons or something.  real thick.  he took the coil out and it appeared he pounded on the ends of the leads. 

Ugh, dropped my Bellus on Saturday and broke the glass. The tank has a couple nicks but it's not a big deal. I'm so glad they come with an extra glass piece.

I'm going to try doing another build with longer tails so it'll hopefully leak less. I don't mind a few drops leaking when filling but mine kept leaking even if it was tilted a bit.

I also just got my 3 70/30 juices from Mech Sauce so I'm hoping the thinner liquid will help the tank wick easier. The max VG stuff didn't work so well in the tank.

I'm back to using the Derringer clone on the D2 for the time being.

yah man.  that's why im still skeptical on getting of these.  the goliath v2 gave me big time problems with leaking and then burned hits.  i recoiled and rewicked it at least 10 times without success.  tried different coils, loose wick, tight wick, shorter wick, longer wick.  i couldn't figure it out.  :frowning2:

Nov 23, 2015 at 6:56 PM Post #1,569 of 3,183

that' was my first thought as i read your post regarding trapping the thick wires. the review that i watched on the aeronaut, the guy had some pretty gnarly stapled claptons or something.  real thick.  he took the coil out and it appeared he pounded on the ends of the leads. 

yah man.  that's why im still skeptical on getting of these.  the goliath v2 gave me big time problems with leaking and then burned hits.  i recoiled and rewicked it at least 10 times without success.  tried different coils, loose wick, tight wick, shorter wick, longer wick.  i couldn't figure it out.  :frowning2:

It wasn't leaking at first, then started getting worse and worse. I might have loosened something by accident.

I'll try it with the longer tails and report back. I'm wondering if longer tails would help with the wicking issue, but I haven't really seen any tanks that handle thick, max VG juices very well.

Nov 23, 2015 at 8:39 PM Post #1,570 of 3,183

Yea, Josh is the one who advised I do it this way since he was having trouble with stapled claptons. Some claptons have the ID but are softer still wire wise.

Nov 24, 2015 at 4:10 PM Post #1,571 of 3,183
OK, so I rebuilt with longer tails. Still a crappy vape. I decided to watch some Bellus reviews/builds on Youtube and found out you're supposed to cut the tails down really, really short, so I trimmed the tails down and it vapes much, much better now. I can take it up to around 30 watts without it dry hitting and can take longer draws and chain vape without it dry hitting.

I am using 30PG/70VG juice, so it's much better than the max VG stuff.

Nov 24, 2015 at 6:14 PM Post #1,572 of 3,183
  Yea, Josh is the one who advised I do it this way since he was having trouble with stapled claptons. Some claptons have the ID but are softer still wire wise.

yep, that's the vid i watched.  ohmboy.  so hows the airflow with top and bottom tubes work?  don't they blow air into each other?  seems like it would be bad for flavor or clouds set up in that config. 

OK, so I rebuilt with longer tails. Still a crappy vape. I decided to watch some Bellus reviews/builds on Youtube and found out you're supposed to cut the tails down really, really short, so I trimmed the tails down and it vapes much, much better now. I can take it up to around 30 watts without it dry hitting and can take longer draws and chain vape without it dry hitting.

I am using 30PG/70VG juice, so it's much better than the max VG stuff.

that's what i've found to work on my goblin mini.  i tried it on the goliath v2 and got flooding.  :frowning2: 

Nov 24, 2015 at 6:39 PM Post #1,573 of 3,183

yep, that's the vid i watched.  ohmboy.  so hows the airflow with top and bottom tubes work?  don't they blow air into each other?  seems like it would be bad for flavor or clouds set up in that config. 

that's what i've found to work on my goblin mini.  i tried it on the goliath v2 and got flooding.  :frowning2: 

These tanks are so finicky. I guess if you're lucky to find a build that works, just stick with it. With rayon wicks I can usually get a month or so out of a wick and coil so I'll just cross my fingers each time I rebuild it and hope it doesn't leak or dry hit.

Also, Orange River from Mech Sauce is really good. It actually tastes like an orange dreamsicle! Good ADV for sure.

Nov 24, 2015 at 6:57 PM Post #1,574 of 3,183
yah i liked that orange dream flavor.  but for some reason, i got the itchy throat and coughing with all of the mech sauce.  i had 8 or 9 flavors 80/20 with 3mg nic.  not sure what gets me.  abortedbox has all of them now. :)  hopefully he's diggin them.  i really liked he big nutta wich and the stawberry cheesecake ones.  the cocoa pebbles flavored one was my least favorite. 

i got a tiramisu flavor from texas rebel and it's pretty gross.  kinda has a burnt peanut type flavor.  not sure what it is. but it's off.  rebel twinkie and zinger are great.  texas rednek and rebel twerker are just so so. 

Nov 24, 2015 at 7:46 PM Post #1,575 of 3,183

The tubes aren't as "widebore" like the outer airflow intake. So the tubes are pretty directional. For me, the Aeronaut is really airy. This is a cloud chaser dream. The bottom airflow will give good flavor and even the top how it's directional is good on flavor. My main problem is the top airflow is not adjustable per se. So I'm not able to dial everything in to give me that warmer, denser vape experience.

I've seen many clapton builds on this RDA and for my taste, neither a clapton or twisted or tiger coil does it for me. Getting into a microcoil 20g brings the heat -
and to me, to a large extent, heat = flavor. I can probably see some .2-ish clapton on a regulated device cranked to hell being pretty good, though. That's just not my style.

And the design beats me. I'd have surmised the top flow would be more detrimental to the vape as a whole, however, close it off and you quickly experience
you're not getting as good of clouds nor flavor. I think it comes back to being directional.

The Aeronaut blows the biggest clouds painlessly. Better than my Archon in that regard, no question.
However, I've gone back to 50/50 juices and the Archon is head and shoulders above with flavor. And vaping such a low resistance the clouds
aren't too shabby for lacking VG. 

Good coverage here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back