Vape-Fi
Nov 25, 2016 at 9:26 PM Post #2,416 of 3,183

HOhm Tech is supposedly coming out with a dual 26650 Slice, and a triple 18650 battery Wrecker. I don't think there are any specifics yet as to size, but they might be an option for the 30mm attys.

OT in this thread UncleH20.
wink.gif

I got a buddy who is looking to pick up a DAP, $500 range with dual micro SD. What sounds great these days?
I haven't followed any of the current offerings, I suggested a Cayin N5 or is the DX90 still a viable DAP?

I'd take DX90 over N5, I own two DX90's they're very good sounding/functioning devices, but only one micro sd card slot on those units. Another option would be the newer DX80 which does have the 2 slots.

Nov 26, 2016 at 10:15 AM Post #2,418 of 3,183

I'd take DX90 over N5, I own two DX90's they're very good sounding/functioning devices, but only one micro sd card slot on those units. Another option would be the newer DX80 which does have the 2 slots.

Thank you sir I will pass the info along.
beerchug.gif

Nov 28, 2016 at 6:28 AM Post #2,419 of 3,183
Hiliq are a decent company (my nicotine provider) except for my recent troubles.

A few months ago I placed an order that was never shipped needing to chase it up, throwing my own time out going back and forth with an order that should have simply arrived at my door. We got that sorted and all was forgiven quickly, mistakes happen, especially once.

On Black Friday Hiliq had a sale offering free DHL or Fedex shipping with any order over $20. Anticipating the big event they also had a countdown timer on their site ticking away until the sale launched. Myself wanting to stock up on nicotine was extremely supportive on their facebook page commenting and cheering them on (as H20 does).

On the morning the sale began I got up early, watched the timer tick over then placed an order literally 1-minute after the sale began. I did this to beat the rush and drama of so much traffic.

Was probably a good thing too because their site experienced so much business soon after it crashed and needed intensive care. Luckily, H20 placed his order first, he was smart beating everyone so his order would ship first. But something was amiss, while my order moved to the first phase of completion it never shipped, Thursday passed, Friday but no tracking number or order update. 

Moving past the weekend into the following Monday I sent en email asking if my order has been shipped. Turns out it hadn't at all, there was a tracking label created way back last Wednesday but never picked up. I've spent the entire day on their tail trying to find my order and get it shipped out to me. I find it rather depressing situation along with some other personal things going on.

1. Support them
  2. Get up early
  3. Beat the rush
  4. End up last

Something really not right about that...

Nov 28, 2016 at 10:33 AM Post #2,420 of 3,183
I chased an iPV 2S from eciggity for a month before they reshipped a replacement order, the original order never left the docks in Honolulu. Then 45 days later I finally had a shiny new iPV 2S.  The first shipment never did arrive because it never ever left...

Multiple emails with no resolution, then a thread opened on ECF about it and the link forwarded to them finally got things moving.

Nov 28, 2016 at 10:36 PM Post #2,421 of 3,183
  I chased an iPV 2S from eciggity for a month before they reshipped a replacement order, the original order never left the docks in Honolulu. Then 45 days later I finally had a shiny new iPV 2S.  The first shipment never did arrive because it never ever left...

Multiple emails with no resolution, then a thread opened on ECF about it and the link forwarded to them finally got things moving.

I know what you mean man, its things like that which stick with you, 45 days is a real hassle. I could have made a thread on the Aussie forums although didn't want to bad them too much so came here for a vent rant instead. They got my order sorted now, I like Hiliq but they have let me down a little.

Going to cost them some likes on their facebook updates as punishment.

Dec 9, 2016 at 4:38 PM Post #2,422 of 3,183
Tis the season of Grenada Fa la la la la, la la la la

Dec 11, 2016 at 9:05 AM Post #2,423 of 3,183
Do any of you guys find mods are just a bit unreliable in general? Its getting just as expensive for me to vape as it was to smoke, because I go through a mod every 3-4 months it seems like. They just die. In Canada, they are pretty expensive. Its not just the made in china stuff, my Tugboat DNA200 mod died after a week of use. Now I'm onto a Smok Alien 220 mod, which is going ok so far, but Im just waiting for it to die in a few months. Its really frustrating. Is there a mod you guys would recommend in particular? I'm really gentle with my mods, I don't even take them out and about, I only use them at home. I only use regulated mods btw.

Dec 11, 2016 at 11:40 AM Post #2,424 of 3,183
  Do any of you guys find mods are just a bit unreliable in general? Its getting just as expensive for me to vape as it was to smoke, because I go through a mod every 3-4 months it seems like. They just die. In Canada, they are pretty expensive. Its not just the made in china stuff, my Tugboat DNA200 mod died after a week of use. Now I'm onto a Smok Alien 220 mod, which is going ok so far, but Im just waiting for it to die in a few months. Its really frustrating. Is there a mod you guys would recommend in particular? I'm really gentle with my mods, I don't even take them out and about, I only use them at home. I only use regulated mods btw.

I don't take my mods outside so its hard for me to say, I've had a great experience with my IPV4S. 

What problems do you have with them, connection issues or? 

Dec 11, 2016 at 5:55 PM Post #2,425 of 3,183
Yeah all my mods stay inside. The only one that goes out with me is the VTwo Mini. Sometimes RX200 if I feeel I am gonna need the extra juice

@ufospls2  RX200 daily use for about 9 months new inside and out and about. I have never used the ones you mention but the RX200 is a tank and I love it. I do not treat it nicely.

Dec 11, 2016 at 7:48 PM Post #2,426 of 3,183

I've had my Provari for the last 4 years and it's been rock solid. I've dropped it and abused it more than I'd like to admit. I recently purchased the P3 and the Radius from ProVape and they seem to be doing well so far. The scrolling menu system is a pain and they are quite pricey for what you get, expensive but robust IMO. I've also recently acquired an iJoy/Limitless LUX so we'll see how long it lasts.

Dec 11, 2016 at 9:26 PM Post #2,427 of 3,183

I consider myself a heavy vaper, my mods travels with me everywhere. Currently the Sigelei 213 is my go-to mod for everyday use which had been in duty for 4 months and it's going strong. I also have a Sigelei 100w from years back and it's still kicking, can't say the same to the IPV D2 and Vaporsharks

Dec 11, 2016 at 10:29 PM Post #2,428 of 3,183

Hohm Wrecker G2, built like a tank with top notch customer service.
They just recently had a $90 off sale.
biggrin.gif

Dec 12, 2016 at 2:27 PM Post #2,429 of 3,183
i've had my istick Pico since they first came out like 8 months ago.  also have had a sxk zero mini for over a year, still works fine.  i've actually only had two mods crap out on me in almost 2 yrs.  both isticks.  istick 30w and istick 50w.  so long as you're not dropping them, or letting juice flood the 510 connection, your mods should last you a long while.  there's always a chance of getting a dud.

Dec 17, 2016 at 12:59 PM Post #2,430 of 3,183
The LUX is quite the the beastie, I like it!

I have an Authentic BFDFT and Ohmega Calypso inbound.
Really wanted a Modfather but there are non to be found, I'll pass on the true to its name 30mm Mason Dump Tank...
eek.gif

The Big German with the GEM/MiniVolt for size reference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back