Vancouver Audiophile Meet May 18, 2014!
Apr 23, 2014 at 4:31 PM Post #106 of 189
If I can't make it, I'll lend my BHA-1 to GG to bring to the meet. I don't think you guys will want another PWD there??

Apr 25, 2014 at 10:01 AM Post #109 of 189
So it's looking like Saturday May 10, then Sunday May 18. I'm going to need more input before we actually book the rooms.... I wish people were more active on here, at least for the sake of this meet.

Apr 25, 2014 at 6:26 PM Post #111 of 189
Hey thanks for all the work putting this together!  For me, Sundays work best, but the 11th is a no-go being that it's Mother's Day and all--I'll be enjoying a nice brunch and afternoon with my mom.  So the 18th is the only date that works for me--but please go with the majority!  If I can't make it, I'll try again on the next one.  :)

Apr 25, 2014 at 11:53 PM Post #113 of 189
I have my schedule for May now. Updated response below:

May 10: Yes (Preferred)
May 11: Maybe (I will have to negotiate heavily to make this work!)
May 17: Yes (Least preferred)
May 18: No - Working All Day

Apr 26, 2014 at 1:00 AM Post #114 of 189
I have my schedule for May now. Updated response below:

May 10: Yes (Preferred)
May 11: Maybe (I will have to negotiate heavily to make this work!)
May 17: Yes (Least preferred)
May 18: No - Working All Day

Can you somehow negotiate heavily for May 18? It looks like we're pretty much locked in for that day since Travis needs to run his shop on Saturday and this is pretty much funded by him, and I really want you to come to this year's meet!

I'm going to contact Pat and try to get him and Travis to talk. Maybe we can do a two-day thing. Travis can only make it from 10-3PM so maybe we can extend it with Pat til 5 or something. We'll see. Travis has reserved Sunday May 18 though so let's make the official date the 18 and we'll work something out from there. I apologize if this inconveniences anyone, but I need to make a decision on the date so Noble Audio can create their demo schedule, and also rooms might get taken if we reserve too late.

Lastly, Abyss is a no-go. JPS Labs said they do not have any demo units available at the time.

Apr 26, 2014 at 1:18 AM Post #115 of 189
Can you somehow negotiate heavily for May 18? It looks like we're pretty much locked in for that day since Travis needs to run his shop on Saturday and this is pretty much funded by him, and I really want you to come to this year's meet!

I'm going to contact Pat and try to get him and Travis to talk. Maybe we can do a two-day thing. Travis can only make it from 10-3PM so maybe we can extend it with Pat til 5 or something. We'll see. Travis has reserved Sunday May 18 though so let's make the official date the 18 and we'll work something out from there. I apologize if this inconveniences anyone, but I need to make a decision on the date so Noble Audio can create their demo schedule, and also rooms might get taken if we reserve too late.

Lastly, Abyss is a no-go. JPS Labs said they do not have any demo units available at the time.

Unfortunately I will be flying out to Ottawa on the 18th, so I won't be here that day. I will look into some sort of work swap, but it's quite unlikely to work out. If Pat is coming, then perhaps he could bring my Stax SR-009s and 717.....

Apr 26, 2014 at 1:40 AM Post #116 of 189
Unfortunately I will be flying out to Ottawa on the 18th, so I won't be here that day. I will look into some sort of work swap, but it's quite unlikely to work out. If Pat is coming, then perhaps he could bring my Stax SR-009s and 717.....

Try! Try hard! Also look into freeing up that Saturday too if we have enough interest for a two-day meet! I really want this once-in-a-year Vancouver meet to be successful... If Pat isn't coming, you can trust me with em lol. 
biggrin.gif

Apr 26, 2014 at 12:41 PM Post #120 of 189
I have checked every schedule for every person in my department and I am unable to attend on the 18th. I will see if Pat or Travis would be willing to look after my SR-009s, so people can get a chance to hear them. I just ask that everyone be gentle with them : )

Don

Users who are viewing this thread

Back