Vancouver Audiophile Meet May 18, 2014!
Apr 21, 2014 at 12:24 PM Post #77 of 189
Okay fail, can everyone re-answer? I got the dates way wrong, thought June was May....

I just voted, based on days off that I have requested. Have to wait for my work schedule to come out : )

Apr 21, 2014 at 10:38 PM Post #78 of 189
I'm going to start a small gear list and people attending. Could we get everyone to list what they'd like to bring and if they can make it to the meet at all? It's looking like the date's going to be May 11 on Sunday which would be optimal.

Apr 21, 2014 at 11:24 PM Post #84 of 189
Just my main set-up

HiFiMan HE-500 + v2.5 Jergpads
AudioGD Compass 384

I am still in my early stages of building v2.5 Jergpads, will probably be done by then, hopefully.

Great! Would you be bringing anything?

Apr 21, 2014 at 11:47 PM Post #85 of 189
I am already bringing some completed DIY gear (one amp + one DAC), but would it be appropriate for me to bring 'in-progress' DIY gear?  Specifically, I have a working prototype of a high-end DAC that I designed, which people could look at and listen to, if they want.  Would there be any interest in something like that?

Apr 21, 2014 at 11:47 PM Post #86 of 189
I should be able to come on the 10th or 11th but not sure how long I can be there either day. Also therefore not yet sure what equipment I'll be bringing, though at least I should be able to bring some amazing (and expensive) interconnects which it would be interesting to try out with Parkie's SR009 system. If I can stay all day I could bring my Morelli-built headphone amp and 009s too, but I don't have a portable source so it probably doesn't make that much sense to do so, unless someone else can hook me up to one (preferably high-res files).

I don't suppose anyone is planning to buy a pair of Oppo PM1s in the meantime...would love to hear those (and the Abyss, but Joe, the JPS Labs owner, wrote me he doesn't know of anyone in the Vancouver area who would be interested in bringing them to the meet - I took this to probably be indicating that there isn't anyone around here who owns a pair).

Apr 22, 2014 at 12:44 AM Post #87 of 189
  I am already bringing some completed DIY gear (one amp + one DAC), but would it be appropriate for me to bring 'in-progress' DIY gear?  Specifically, I have a working prototype of a high-end DAC that I designed, which people could look at and listen to, if they want.  Would there be any interest in something like that?

You're welcome to bring anything you'd like! The in-progress stuff would be nice to look at and listen to for sure!

I should be able to come on the 10th or 11th but not sure how long I can be there either day. Also therefore not yet sure what equipment I'll be bringing, though at least I should be able to bring some amazing (and expensive) interconnects which it would be interesting to try out with Parkie's SR009 system. If I can stay all day I could bring my Morelli-built headphone amp and 009s too, but I don't have a portable source so it probably doesn't make that much sense to do so, unless someone else can hook me up to one (preferably high-res files).

I don't suppose anyone is planning to buy a pair of Oppo PM1s in the meantime...would love to hear those (and the Abyss, but Joe, the JPS Labs owner, wrote me he doesn't know of anyone in the Vancouver area who would be interested in bringing them to the meet - I took this to probably be indicating that there isn't anyone around here who owns a pair).

Hopefully you can stay all day! I will be bringing in the Hugo Chord so if we share a table we can probably get your stuff hooked up to it. I believe Travis should be able to get a set of Oppo PM1 in but it's not confirmed yet. Abyss I have zero clue. I'll actually email him right now.

Apr 22, 2014 at 2:54 AM Post #88 of 189

I won't get my work schedule until the end of April, but I will be there if I get the day off. I will bring;
SR009 powered by Stax 717 and sourced from a Meitner MA-1/Mac Mini
AKG 3003 powered by Resonessence Herus and iPad Air
Sennheiser IE60 powered by ?
AKG 712 powered by ?
Sennheiser HD420s from circa 1980, powered by ?

I would love to hear any electrostatic amp as the 717 isn't wowing me so far.....

OPPO PM1s would be cool. So would the Bryston/Audeze setup! Well driven Senns with a good amp would also be fun : )

Don

Apr 22, 2014 at 2:57 AM Post #89 of 189

I forgot to mention that I have quite a few high res files on my iPad Air including lots of DSD files, so you could try those out,. I would love to hear the Auralic setup.

Don

Apr 22, 2014 at 3:25 AM Post #90 of 189
I forgot to mention that I have quite a few high res files on my iPad Air including lots of DSD files, so you could try those out,. I would love to hear the Auralic setup.

Don

Hey Don, I can bring my DIY amp which I think sounds great with the 009s. If we set up side by side and stream the same files to both systems then people can compare. I don't know of anyone around here who has a BHSE, Woo WES or Cavalli LL but would of course love to hear any of those amps with the 009s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back