Vancouver Audiophile Meet May 18, 2014!
Apr 9, 2014 at 11:25 PM Post #46 of 189
I stopped by The Headphone Bar yesterday and chatted with Travis (the owner). He is planning on attending and volunteered to pay for the room if it is the same room as previously used.

Very generous offer!

If we have this before the end of April, I can make almost any day except the 25th.

Looks like I'm going to have to visit him with some Kimchi! The guy is TOO generous...

I'll try to be more active now that I'm in Vancouver but I'm doing a renovation project here as well so I'm going to be half dead whenever I'm home. 

I think we should set a date, so in order to start a poll I think I need a general time frame of when to hold the meet. End of April? May? Please chime in so we have a more specific idea of when. :D

Apr 11, 2014 at 1:45 PM Post #48 of 189
I can commit to a date in May once I get my schedule, which should be 3rd-4th week of April. What works best for everyone, Saturday or Sunday?

Apr 11, 2014 at 7:58 PM Post #49 of 189
Saturdays usually are the popular option for meets, although I am open to Sundays as well.

Parkie37, I see you have a MacMini with 2x960GB SSDs installed. Which ones did you install and are you using them as your primary music storage, with the external SSD as a backup? Curious since I just picked up a mid-2011 MacMini and planning to install one or two 250GB SSDs in there. Wondering what your config was like. Will be connecting directly to my PWDII w/Bridge via direct CAT6/7 cable. Thanks and apologies to the rest of the folks for being a bit off-topic. (You can PM me if you get a chance to Parkie37.)

Apr 14, 2014 at 5:52 PM Post #52 of 189
Saturdays usually are the popular option for meets, although I am open to Sundays as well.

Parkie37, I see you have a MacMini with 2x960GB SSDs installed. Which ones did you install and are you using them as your primary music storage, with the external SSD as a backup? Curious since I just picked up a mid-2011 MacMini and planning to install one or two 250GB SSDs in there. Wondering what your config was like. Will be connecting directly to my PWDII w/Bridge via direct CAT6/7 cable. Thanks and apologies to the rest of the folks for being a bit off-topic. (You can PM me if you get a chance to Parkie37.)

I should update that information. I have two 960 GB SSDs and one 480 GB SSD. One 960 GB SSD (OWC) is in the Mac Mini as the operating system and one 480 GB SSD (Mushkin) is the secondary drive. There are good instruction videos on OWC's website. I also have a 960 GB SSD (crucial) in an external case, with a second being setup in the next few months, as I can afford it. I have filled all three drives. I didn't want to use regular HDDs as I find them too noisy in a quiet listening room.

I run FireWire 800 from the external drive to the Mac Mini then USB from the Mac Mini to the Meitner MA-1 and balanced cables from the Meitner to my Simaudio Moon 600i integrated amp. I run separate RCA cables from the Moon 600i at a fixed output to the Stax 717 amp, which I plug my SR-009s into. This way the headphones can play back music from the MA-1, the Étude tuner, tv, or OPPO Blu-Ray player.

I will bring the Stax setup with the Mac mini and the Meitner MA-1 to the meet, as well as my AKG 3003s hooked up to my Herus portable DAC,if I have the day off.

Apr 14, 2014 at 6:35 PM Post #53 of 189
I should update that information. I have two 960 GB SSDs and one 480 GB SSD. One 960 GB SSD (OWC) is in the Mac Mini as the operating system and one 480 GB SSD (Mushkin) is the secondary drive. There are good instruction videos on OWC's website. I also have a 960 GB SSD (crucial) in an external case, with a second being setup in the next few months, as I can afford it. I have filled all three drives. I didn't want to use regular HDDs as I find them too noisy in a quiet listening room.

I run FireWire 800 from the external drive to the Mac Mini then USB from the Mac Mini to the Meitner MA-1 and balanced cables from the Meitner to my Simaudio Moon 600i integrated amp. I run separate RCA cables from the Moon 600i at a fixed output to the Stax 717 amp, which I plug my SR-009s into. This way the headphones can play back music from the MA-1, the Étude tuner, tv, or OPPO Blu-Ray player.

I will bring the Stax setup with the Mac mini and the Meitner MA-1 to the meet, as well as my AKG 3003s hooked up to my Herus portable DAC,if I have the day off.

You have the STAX SR-009s?!

I will glady you pay you whatever you make in a day just so you can attend  :p

Apr 14, 2014 at 9:13 PM Post #54 of 189
Yes I do have them. I have just gotten them and had to travel out of town on business. I should get some time later in the week to start enjoying them.

Don

Apr 14, 2014 at 11:09 PM Post #55 of 189
Yes I do have them. I have just gotten them and had to travel out of town on business. I should get some time later in the week to start enjoying them.

Don

Even more impetus to get a date set up and make this meet happen! 
biggrin.gif

Apr 15, 2014 at 12:11 AM Post #57 of 189
Sounds good to me. Sunday would be optimal, but either day works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back