Vancouver Audiophile Meet May 18, 2014!
Apr 26, 2014 at 9:48 PM Post #124 of 189
I can an will attend any day, as long as it isn't May 30th. And I am definitely down for the dinner. Also if anyone needs something to plug their stuff into I will have my computer with me.

Apr 28, 2014 at 9:38 PM Post #127 of 189
I will call myself a maybe on this one.  Went to one of these meets several years ago and really enjoyed it so I'd like to check this one out as well.

Got a few items I can bring of the mid to lower end variety that people may be interested in checking out.

May 3, 2014 at 11:22 PM Post #130 of 189
Dropped by HB today and chatted a bit with Travis. May 18 is definitely on; T mentioned he had the Coal Harbour room booked. Asked about the Hifiman HE-560 and the Oppo PM1 and there is a possibility T may be able to land some demo units for us from the respective reps. HB should also be getting its shipment of HE-560s by the third week of May or so, perhaps even just before the date of the meet. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for that as that would be awesome for the meet - no promises though. Also looking forward to trying Parkie's Stax SRs if he manages to trust someone with them for the meet.

... Yeah got to try the AKG 812 today and was really wowed. I'm surprised it is not making as many waves especially on Head-Fi. It's very sensitive, probably 15-20% more than the other AKGs I got to try in the shop - 612, 712 and another model I forgot. The 812 was just miles ahead, very open sounding and was playing fantastically well out of my iPod/Fiio E11 combo. Anyway hope to meet up with some of you guys soon -- p.s. am also willing to pitch in so the room costs can be spread out, etc. Are we doing that this time around again?

May 4, 2014 at 12:42 AM Post #131 of 189
Yeah, I think if there's a "donation" collection to help with the room costs, that would be awesome. We'd have to do it outside of the meet event though so not sure if there's a Paypal collection address one of the principle organizers has or can set up for this. 

May 4, 2014 at 4:46 AM Post #132 of 189
  Dropped by HB today and chatted a bit with Travis. May 18 is definitely on; T mentioned he had the Coal Harbour room booked. Asked about the Hifiman HE-560 and the Oppo PM1 and there is a possibility T may be able to land some demo units for us from the respective reps. HB should also be getting its shipment of HE-560s by the third week of May or so, perhaps even just before the date of the meet. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for that as that would be awesome for the meet - no promises though. Also looking forward to trying Parkie's Stax SRs if he manages to trust someone with them for the meet.

... Yeah got to try the AKG 812 today and was really wowed. I'm surprised it is not making as many waves especially on Head-Fi. It's very sensitive, probably 15-20% more than the other AKGs I got to try in the shop - 612, 712 and another model I forgot. The 812 was just miles ahead, very open sounding and was playing fantastically well out of my iPod/Fiio E11 combo. Anyway hope to meet up with some of you guys soon -- p.s. am also willing to pitch in so the room costs can be spread out, etc. Are we doing that this time around again?

I could collect donations and either extend the meet or donate the total sum to Travis since he's the one paying for the rooms.

May 4, 2014 at 5:04 PM Post #133 of 189
NIc Morelli and I will be setting up a Stax system together. Nic will bring his laptop, streaming files up to DXD quality, and his M2tech DAC with DIY outboard power supply, as well as a pair of Lambdas. I'll be bringing my Morelli tube headphone amp, High Fidelity ICs and SR009s. Nic may also bring his SR007 Mk1s if there's any interest in hearing them. Will we be setting up starting at 10 am? Will we need to bring extension cords?

May 4, 2014 at 5:24 PM Post #134 of 189
  NIc Morelli and I will be setting up a Stax system together. Nic will bring his laptop, streaming files up to DXD quality, and his M2tech DAC with DIY outboard power supply, as well as a pair of Lambdas. I'll be bringing my Morelli tube headphone amp, High Fidelity ICs and SR009s. Nic may also bring his SR007 Mk1s if there's any interest in hearing them. Will we be setting up starting at 10 am? Will we need to bring extension cords?

Great! Really looking forward to listening to all of these nice gear!
007 mk1 would be of great interest to many as well!

10am, please do bring cords in case, as I'm not sure if they'll provide us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back