Vancouver Audiophile Meet May 18, 2014!
May 13, 2014 at 8:20 PM Post #151 of 189
If we bring a DAC & AMP + CANS to the meet, but can't drag our system (ie. PC's) over, do most people bring DAPs, etc to plug in and listen to gear with their own music?

I have a spare Zotac AD-02 box that I'm trying to install AP Linux or Daphile on so you guys can stick your USB storage devices on and play music through but I barely have time to debug how to get this finished by Sunday. Just curious if folks will be bringing their laptops to connect up to gear as well.

May 13, 2014 at 8:38 PM Post #152 of 189
Why not just bring laptops or notebooks?

May 13, 2014 at 9:37 PM Post #153 of 189
I have to painfully admit that my only laptop is a work laptop. I've got a MacMini (not set up), a Zotac mini PC (setup for OpenElec/XBMC currently but can blow away) and a desktop PC (mostly gaming). Just haven't gotten around to setting any of these things up since I use the UPNP server off my router and attach a hard drive w/my media on it to stream off. 

May 14, 2014 at 2:54 AM Post #155 of 189
I can bring a Philips TDA1541 CD player and some CDs if any of you guys wanna try.
I can also bring a LD player if anyone has LDs, I just fixed it yesterday.
gs1000.gif

May 14, 2014 at 11:48 AM Post #158 of 189
I will come too, although its my first time here. i'll bring my Benchmark DAC2 and Audeze LCD-X.
Also i have an external HDD with some sacd's ripped if people want to try DSD files and Hi-Res.

May 14, 2014 at 3:08 PM Post #159 of 189
Has anyone talked about parking? There's an EasyPark lot under the Coal Harbour CC, the entrance though is from Jervis and Hastings (the entrance to the CC is on Broughton). There's another EasyPark lot on the street outside the Centre on Broughton, and it has a loading area. So that's where people can unload, then go park their car. The cheaper lot is the underground lot ($2.25/hr) if you're going to be there for a few hours. But if you're going to be there for more than 5 hours it's practically the same ($14.00 daily max for the street lot vs. $13.50 for 6 hours underground).

There's also metred street parking but there are probably time restrictions (2 hours?).

May 15, 2014 at 1:09 AM Post #160 of 189
If there's a shortage of laptops I have two spares. But I don't think there will be any desktop rigs without laptops.

So officially it's 11AM so everyone get there by 11. Travis will only be there for one or two hours though because there was an unexpected event scheduled. This'll be a short one and we'll have another mini-meet later for those who are going to miss this one.

May 16, 2014 at 3:40 AM Post #163 of 189
looks like GG(girls Generation)  got noble audio K10 Demo today! I can't wait to listen them!!

I will Bring my UM Merlin and

T-Peos Popular H100j, Tank  there. 

My headphone rig will be there anyway so I will just bring iems only

May 17, 2014 at 4:10 PM Post #164 of 189
Just for something left-field I will be bringing my vintage Hitachi HA-5300 integrated amp (circa. 1979). It has a headphone out directly tied to its speaker taps via resistors. I use my HD-650s (which I'll bring) through its headphone out. Although I do not use this amp for the Hifiman HE-500s I will set up the amp to hook the 500s via speaker taps for those who want to try that kind of set up. Source will be a Sony CD/DVD player (generic). You may bring your own CDs to try this set up but I'll have some on hand. Here is a pic of the amp posted previously somewhere in the threads. The Hitachi is on top and below is a Luxman R-1050 that I normally use for driving the HE-500s but it's way too heavy to be lugging around town. Looking forward to the meet ... let's have a good one and see y'all tomorrow:

May 17, 2014 at 6:06 PM Post #165 of 189
Looking forward to listening to everyone's rigs tomorrow! Please bring extension cords if you can, and see you there at 11AM! It's the first and biggest room. Reception should be able to help you find us. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back