Vancouver area meet or get-together?
May 3, 2011 at 12:18 AM Post #46 of 205
I am fine either way, It might be a good idea for both reasons, eg, traffic and the game to reschedule.Weekends are pretty much free for me, what about the week after. I would be fine for that!

May 3, 2011 at 7:48 PM Post #47 of 205
I'm down for either weekend.  I think we'd still be fine for Saturday if we're meeting at 6:00.  The game starts at 5:00, and usually streets are very empty in the middle of a playoff game (not before or after though).  I think the biggest question is do we have a TV in the room so we can watch the end of the game?

May 3, 2011 at 8:27 PM Post #48 of 205
Wow...headphones or hockey playoffs.  I'd have a hard time choosing that one.  Even if I could see the end of the game. 
o2smile.gif

May 4, 2011 at 1:57 PM Post #52 of 205
I'm fine with this weekend still.  We'll probably just be mostly setting up while the game finishes, and I'll just watch while setting up.  It'd be cool if you could come Steve_72.  I've always wanted to hear HD600s!

May 4, 2011 at 3:03 PM Post #53 of 205
Must admit, I would rather not be there if it is going to be a hockey night thing. I would rather wait so that we can all focus on the reason we are meeting rather than hockey( nothing against hockey!) I am for postponing till the weekend after so we can enjoy both things separately, imagine if the game goes into extra time, we end up with little time listening and talking headphones and such!

May 4, 2011 at 5:11 PM Post #55 of 205
[size=small]I'm nervous about turnout because of the hockey game but also worried that if we push this off interest will wane.  It would be ideal to have a reasonable turnout to make this meeting worthwhile.  We should firm this up ASAP.  Below is my understanding of the status of the participants to date:[/size]
[size=small] [/size]
[size=small]1.[/size]            [size=small]VanCitySound – confirmed, neutral as to date[/size]
[size=small]2.[/size]            [size=small]ianmedium – confirmed, preference to postpone[/size]
[size=small]3.[/size]            [size=small]WobblyGoblin – confirmed, May 7[/size][size=x-small]th[/size][size=small] preferred[/size]
[size=small]4.[/size]            [size=small]cegli – confirmed, okay with May 7[/size][size=x-small]th[/size][size=small] but prefers to have game on TV[/size]
[size=small]5.[/size]            [size=small]ogle – confirmation indicated previously[/size]
[size=small]6.[/size]            [size=small]tonereef – confirmation indicated previously[/size]
[size=small]7.[/size]            [size=small]mudhole – confirmation indicated previously[/size]
[size=small]8.[/size]            [size=small]PhaedraCorruption – confirmation indicated previously, bringing 2 guests[/size]
[size=small]9.[/size]            [size=small]scottiebabie – unconfirmed [/size]
[size=small]10.[/size]        [size=small]Steve_72 – unconfirmed [/size]
[size=small]11.[/size]        [size=small]ardgedee – unconfirmed, can only potentially make May 7[/size][size=x-small]th[/size]
[size=small] [/size]
[size=small]We need a few more of you to provide your thoughts before we decide what to do… [/size]

May 4, 2011 at 5:30 PM Post #56 of 205
I am for this weekend but not if we end up having a TV there and hockey is on as I said. I am available most weekends so changing the schedule is fine with me

May 4, 2011 at 6:42 PM Post #57 of 205
Haha, I don't need to have the game on the TV, I just thought people might like that.  Evidentally not :p.  Believe me, as much as I like watching the playoffs, I like headphones more.  I'm fine with having no game, and focusing on listening.

May 4, 2011 at 8:08 PM Post #58 of 205
im good for most weekends but forcast is for rain. just wondering if that'll put a damper on things since the canucks are playin & all.

May 4, 2011 at 8:21 PM Post #60 of 205
I've suggested to VanCitySound that we actually set up a little earlier, say 5:15/5:30, so that we could start listening by 6:00. If however there are a few people who want to watch the game, maybe we should start later, say 7:30, setting up at 7:00ish.

Is parking really going to be an issue on a game night at the foot of Burrard?

However I just spoke with Travis - he isn't available this month, June would be good though and he could bring AKG701, Senn 650 and 800, and a NuForce HDP DAC/amp among other things. Perhaps we could get more people out with other interesting equipment if we put it off for a month. I'm still really interested in hearing the HE6, the new Stax Lambdas (preferably the 507), and especially the HE60 or HE90 with appropriate amplification - if anyone has one of these but is reluctant to bring it to a meet please PM me.
Quote:
[size=small]I'm nervous about turnout because of the hockey game but also worried that if we push this off interest will wane.  It would be ideal to have a reasonable turnout to make this meeting worthwhile.  We should firm this up ASAP.  Below is my understanding of the status of the participants to date:[/size]
[size=small] [/size]
[size=small]1.[/size]            [size=small]VanCitySound – confirmed, neutral as to date[/size]
[size=small]2.[/size]            [size=small]ianmedium – confirmed, preference to postpone[/size]
[size=small]3.[/size]            [size=small]WobblyGoblin – confirmed, May 7[/size][size=x-small]th[/size][size=small] preferred[/size]
[size=small]4.[/size]            [size=small]cegli – confirmed, okay with May 7[/size][size=x-small]th[/size][size=small] but prefers to have game on TV[/size]
[size=small]5.[/size]            [size=small]ogle – confirmation indicated previously[/size]
[size=small]6.[/size]            [size=small]tonereef – confirmation indicated previously[/size]
[size=small]7.[/size]            [size=small]mudhole – confirmation indicated previously[/size]
[size=small]8.[/size]            [size=small]PhaedraCorruption – confirmation indicated previously, bringing 2 guests[/size]
[size=small]9.[/size]            [size=small]scottiebabie – unconfirmed [/size]
[size=small]10.[/size]        [size=small]Steve_72 – unconfirmed [/size]
[size=small]11.[/size]        [size=small]ardgedee – unconfirmed, can only potentially make May 7[/size][size=x-small]th[/size]
[size=small] [/size]
[size=small]We need a few more of you to provide your thoughts before we decide what to do… [/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back