Vancouver area meet or get-together?
Mar 9, 2011 at 4:36 AM Post #4 of 205
Hmm, lots of people have looked at this thread but only two responded. Maybe I need to get more specific. Is there anyone in the Vancouver area with an HE90 or HE60 who would like to get together for a comparison with my O2s? Also, a friend of mine here has been designing/building headphone amps for his own interest, both for electrostats and dynamic phones, and we'd like to check out his amps against other high-quality amps, and with different dynamic headphones (we both only have Audeze).
If interested please reply or PM me.

Apr 11, 2011 at 1:01 AM Post #6 of 205
could we do this? I'm going to Hong Kong in June and would love to see if I could pick up some decently priced stax gear but not without hearing them first. I've heard a lot about the "stax sound" and think it'd be great if we could do this. I'm putting off buying a dac and amp until I figure out what it is I'd like to get. That there are LCD-2s and O2s in the area is great if only I could hear them.

Apr 15, 2011 at 6:03 PM Post #8 of 205
Hey guys, I'd also be down for a Vancouver meet!  I don't have too much stuff.  Right now I have Sennheiser HD-595s, UE Triple Fi 10s, JHA 16s, and a Fiio E7 (currently shipping to me).  I'm thinking about getting a flagship full size, but I'd love to listen to some first.  I could at least bring what I have.  Someone in Vancouver must have some fancy headphones, haha.

Apr 15, 2011 at 10:56 PM Post #10 of 205
I would like to hear lcd2 in vancouver area

I am up for a meet and it just so happens I got my LCD's today so folks who want to hear them can!

Apr 16, 2011 at 1:16 AM Post #11 of 205
Quote:
I am up for a meet and it just so happens I got my LCD's today so folks who want to hear them can!

Yes!  That is wonderful news!  We should try to setup a date and place, maybe a bit after easter?  I figure some people may be away on the easter break, and a week or two is a good amount of time to plan this.  Anyone have specific suggestions?

VanCitySound says he has a venue downtown, that sounds good to me if he's still up for it.

Apr 16, 2011 at 2:43 AM Post #13 of 205
Let me know when is good for you folks, It will be great to let you hear the LCD's!

Apr 19, 2011 at 11:24 PM Post #14 of 205
Okay everyone!  Lets not let this thread die like so many Vancouver meet threads before it.  Lets set a date and everyone respond back if you can make it that date.  How about May 7th?  That's a Saturday. 

I'm going to send VanCitySound a PM to see if he's still down for hosting it.  Everyone subscribe to this thread so you don't lose it :p.

Apr 19, 2011 at 11:34 PM Post #15 of 205
Okay everyone!  Lets not let this thread die like so many Vancouver meet threads before it.  Lets set a date and everyone respond back if you can make it that date.  How about May 7th?  That's a Saturday. 

I'm going to send VanCitySound a PM to see if he's still down for hosting it.  Everyone subscribe to this thread so you don't lose it :p.

That works for me,count me in, I will bring the LCD's and solo set up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back