Vali 2 tube rolling
Jun 23, 2019 at 11:55 AM Post #2,896 of 6,436
It is nice to see that @bcowen realizes the greatness of a particular set of tubes, there is hope for him yet.:ksc75smile:

While hope for me is questionable at best and of inordinate optimism, I did just spring for these. :relaxed:

Yeah, I know they're not VT-192's. Already have a pair of those that are quite nice, but for whatever reason have not inspired me to kneel at the altar of the tube gods. So I'll try a different flavor and see what happens. That, and I think I have a DNA mutation that results in obsessive hoarding collecting of $6 tubes. :stuck_out_tongue:

upload_2019-6-23_11-45-28.png

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2019 at 12:02 PM Post #2,897 of 6,436
While hope for me is questionable at best and of inordinate optimism, I did just spring for these. :relaxed:

Yeah, I know they're not VT-192's. Already have a pair of those that are quite nice, but for whatever reason have not inspired me to kneel at the altar of the tube gods. So I'll try a different flavor and see what happens. That, and I think I have a DNA mutation that results in obsessive hoarding collecting of $6 tubes. :stuck_out_tongue:

Interesting what you and @Paladin79 will have to say about them. I bought 16 NOS NIB of them, CBS-branded, $4 apiece.

Jun 23, 2019 at 12:52 PM Post #2,898 of 6,436
Interesting what you and @Paladin79 will have to say about them. I bought 16 NOS NIB of them, CBS-branded, $4 apiece.

You mean I overpaid? :rage::rage:

But wait....mine are Hytron branded. That's 3 more letters than CBS, so I only paid $1.20 per letter, and you paid $1.33 per letter. Whew. I feel better now. :smile:

Jun 23, 2019 at 2:35 PM Post #2,899 of 6,436
You mean I overpaid? :rage::rage:

But wait....mine are Hytron branded. That's 3 more letters than CBS, so I only paid $1.20 per letter, and you paid $1.33 per letter. Whew. I feel better now. :smile:

It is hard to argue with that kind of logic. GE gets to be too expensive per letter for you then, now things are starting to make sense. :smile_phones:

Jun 23, 2019 at 2:43 PM Post #2,900 of 6,436
It is hard to argue with that kind of logic. GE gets to be too expensive per letter for you then, now things are starting to make sense. :smile_phones:
Super Silverstone brand would be an incredible value.

Jun 24, 2019 at 9:07 AM Post #2,901 of 6,436
I got another Melz 1578 (68NS) at a very good price but there was only one available. That is one tube that if I can find for less than $100 I tend to grab.

Jun 24, 2019 at 9:14 AM Post #2,902 of 6,436
I got another Melz 1578 (68NS) at a very good price but there was only one available. That is one tube that if I can find for less than $100 I tend to grab.

Hoarder.

Jun 24, 2019 at 9:17 AM Post #2,903 of 6,436

Methinks the pot doth call the kettle black.
Most all of my 1578's are in use right now, they are not squirreled away in a downstairs closet. :smile_phones:

Jun 24, 2019 at 10:09 AM Post #2,904 of 6,436

I can hardly wait on my new Melz 1578 (6H8C) to arrive from Europe!
I will finally get to hear what all the fuss is about.
I am expecting rolling waves of Eargasms... it has been a long time, so I better make sure my Heart pacemaker is adjusted for the stress. :grin:

(And a gracious Thank You, Sir!)

Jun 24, 2019 at 10:23 AM Post #2,905 of 6,436
Methinks the pot doth call the kettle black.
Most all of my 1578's are in use right now, they are not squirreled away in a downstairs closet. :smile_phones:

Squirreled? SQUIRRELED? I'm terribly insulted. Mine are carefully jammed randomly into plastic totes that slide under the bed. And when the tote gets too full for the lid to close, I just sit on it (like a suitcase) until everything smashes down far enough for the lid to snap shut. A far cry from squirreling, geez Louise. Plus, since I'm a light sleeper this storage location will alert me instantly to any attempted pilferage. You never know when people(?) like @Ripper2860 might be in the area.... :worried:

Jun 24, 2019 at 10:28 AM Post #2,906 of 6,436
Squirreled? SQUIRRELED? I'm terribly insulted. Mine are carefully jammed randomly into plastic totes that slide under the bed. And when the tote gets too full for the lid to close, I just sit on it (like a suitcase) until everything smashes down far enough for the lid to snap shut. A far cry from squirreling, geez Louise. Plus, since I'm a light sleeper this storage location will alert me instantly to any attempted pilferage. You never know when people(?) like @Ripper2860 might be in the area.... :worried:

Ok I know when I am wrong and I am not afraid to admit it. You are more of a chipmunk or a pack rat.

Jun 24, 2019 at 10:35 AM Post #2,907 of 6,436

Disregard the 24x7 drone activity near your house. It has absolutely nothing to do with your tube stash or your wife's nude sunbathing. :wink:

Jun 24, 2019 at 10:40 AM Post #2,908 of 6,436
Disregard the 24x7 drone activity near your house. It has absolutely nothing to do with your tube stash or your wife's nude sunbathing. :wink:

Hopefully the drone is the un-manned variety, I believe there was some talk lately about a manned variety. :ksc75smile:

Jun 24, 2019 at 10:44 AM Post #2,909 of 6,436
I will not reveal sources and methods. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back