Valhalla 2 review coming soon!
Dec 27, 2015 at 12:54 AM Post #602 of 907
  so if a tube blow out when headphones plugged in with sounds playing will there be damage done to the amp or headphones?

Human fatalities caused by blown tubes are rare; and usually the person is elderly or sick anyway, so it's not a major threat.  Sometimes - not often - there can be damage to headphones, but since tubes tend to give warning signs before they blow, you have a chance to replace them before you see fireworks.

Dec 30, 2015 at 2:00 AM Post #604 of 907
ok just got my valhalla 2. and i've tested low gain and high gain option with the k701. low gain provides a bigger soundstage it seems.
sorry for the double post.
bass doesn't seem as tight as i like them to be. hopefully that'll change with burn in.
what gain setting do you guys use with your hd6xx series?
can i switch between high gain and low gain when the amp is on or do i have to turn it off to change it.
if i can switch it while its on i can make easier comparisons between headphones and gain settings on them.
just trying to fiddle around and see what i like.

Dec 30, 2015 at 3:16 AM Post #607 of 907
well regardless if there will be a popping sound or not, turning the volume down seems like a good idea and ill follow that advice. and also how long does it take for tubes to settle in to their permanent sound?
so far theres this glare somewhere on top and it doesn't sound very dynamnic compared to straight out of my m9xx.
also noticeably not as smooth as my m9xx.

Dec 30, 2015 at 6:21 PM Post #610 of 907
  well regardless if there will be a popping sound or not, turning the volume down seems like a good idea and ill follow that advice. and also how long does it take for tubes to settle in to their permanent sound?
so far theres this glare somewhere on top and it doesn't sound very dynamnic compared to straight out of my m9xx.
also noticeably not as smooth as my m9xx.

AKG K701 is a challenge for Valhalla 2.

Jan 1, 2016 at 1:15 AM Post #612 of 907
Does your guys valhalla 2 power light still light up when you turn the power off?
My valhalla light still is on and it turns off like 10 min after.
I even unplugedd the power plug and still does this.
Is this normal?

Jan 4, 2016 at 9:46 AM Post #615 of 907
  Does your guys valhalla 2 power light still light up when you turn the power off?
My valhalla light still is on and it turns off like 10 min after.
I even unplugedd the power plug and still does this.
Is this normal?

It is normal. The led light is very efficient and the caps in Valhalla 2 hold quite amount of energy. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back