VA / MD / DC meet - Saturday, August 31, 2013
Aug 25, 2013 at 4:17 PM Post #31 of 100
Hi there,

I like to join you guys very much. But I am just a very junior headfier. And I also don't have those expensive equipment you guys have. If there's manufacture I will buy something if I found the gear I like.

Thanks for organizing this.

Aug 25, 2013 at 4:32 PM Post #32 of 100
Quote:
Hi there,

I like to join you guys very much. But I am just a very junior headfier. And I also don't have those expensive equipment you guys have. If there's manufacture I will buy something if I found the gear I like.

Thanks for organizing this.

I went to my first one in May. It's a really laid back scene. Just show up and ask questions and listen to some cool gear. You're not obligated to bring anything if you're just starting out. I was in the same boat. I learned a lot. No one is going to sell you anything there, either. It's just a place to try stuff out.

Aug 26, 2013 at 7:37 PM Post #35 of 100
I should be able to make it.  Not sure what gear I will be bringing.

Aug 26, 2013 at 10:34 PM Post #36 of 100
Have fun...just got the call to work Saturday...I teach a little kayaking on the side from time to time on the Potomac when works gets thrown my way. Ah well.

Aug 27, 2013 at 10:18 AM Post #38 of 100
Quote:
Have fun...just got the call to work Saturday...I teach a little kayaking on the side from time to time on the Potomac when works gets thrown my way. Ah well.

Bummer, there's always next time!  I may have to hit you up sometime for kayaking lessons... 
tongue.gif

Aug 27, 2013 at 12:55 PM Post #40 of 100
Quote:
Bummer, there's always next time!  I may have to hit you up sometime for kayaking lessons... 
tongue.gif

Absolutely. This is a great place to learn to paddle WW. So much fun!

Aug 28, 2013 at 4:11 PM Post #41 of 100
I had a great time at the last meet. I've been under the weather this past week, but will try to come. If so, my goodie list is:

Schiit Mjolnir, Gungnir, Lyr, Magni, and Modi.

LCD2.2 with balanced + unbalanced cables.

HD650 with balanced + unbalanced cables.

Aug 28, 2013 at 8:26 PM Post #44 of 100
I will be there only for a couple hours right away in the morning.  I only have a few extra tips for my IEM's, so if you have some that fit Shure's, I'd be more than happy to let people listen to the SE846's.  I had complete buyers remorse until I got them in my ears haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back