V-MODA Zn: Official Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, Videos, etc.
Apr 27, 2016 at 11:42 AM Post #301 of 363
Hey Newmandiver - I usually use bluetooth headphones when I exercise but you might consider ATH-IM50; while they have large housings, they are light with fixed, over-the-ear guides (no cable noise) and no remote (lighter cable compared to the ZN and the RHA).  The cable is also removable/replaceable and they are considerable cheaper than both the ZN and the RHA.  You might read some reviews on the headphone to gain more insights into its comfort and sound, but, given your choice of the ZN and the RHA, I suspect you would enjoy the ATH-IM50 (I really enjoy my pair).

Apr 27, 2016 at 12:12 PM Post #302 of 363
Hi, what suggestions would you guys (and gals) have for ear tips ?

I am having some seal issues with the stock tips, I am pretty sure this was answered somewhere, but I can't seem to find it. I tried tip rolling with my existing DN-1000 tips, but the bore was too big for the Zn's nozzle to fit properly.

Thanks.

Apr 27, 2016 at 12:21 PM Post #303 of 363

Hey 

I am having some seal issues with the stock tips, I am pretty sure this was answered somewhere, but I can't seem to find it. I tried tip rolling with my existing DN-1000 tips, but the bore was too big for the Zn's nozzle to fit properly.

Thanks.

I have been using AUVIO silicone replacement tips that I found at my local RadioShack before they went out of business.  I use the large size (green inner core) and have found them to be great, cheap tips (I think a pack with 3 or 4 sets of tips was around $5).  The AUVIO tips fit well, have a wide bore, and are comfortable.  You can still by them on the RadioShack website but only a multi-size pack 

Apr 28, 2016 at 7:02 AM Post #304 of 363

Thanks.

I've been using the JVC Spiral Dots to great effect. Better fit for me, and really opens up the sound in a very positive way!

Apr 29, 2016 at 3:57 AM Post #305 of 363
  @dipal, sorry, I never got back to you. To me as per @jo-shway it is average microphonic (actually me to me a little more than average) and agree with his recommendation on using the ear loop. The cable material is great for anti-tangling.but also a little bit thicker/stiffer than say the shrinkwrap type used by some makers and seems to transmit vibrations a little more. Having said that, not that bad that it's deterred me from using the Zn.

Hey guys, thanks a lot. This has been my first V-Moda purchase and I'm quite happy with the performance of these. However, did anyone experience a tad bit of distortion at very high volumes (especially with strong bassy tracks)? 

The cable noise is irritating but I'm trying to use the clip and that prevents the cables rubbing together so that's ok. I was just comparing these with the Sony EX650s that I have and both have a very similar sound signature. Love the EX650s but I had them run down so was anyways due for a replacement. 
Pretty expensive though considering I can get a similar sound for quite less. 

Apr 29, 2016 at 9:07 AM Post #307 of 363
  Hey guys, thanks a lot. This has been my first V-Moda purchase and I'm quite happy with the performance of these. However, did anyone experience a tad bit of distortion at very high volumes (especially with strong bassy tracks)? 

The cable noise is irritating but I'm trying to use the clip and that prevents the cables rubbing together so that's ok. I was just comparing these with the Sony EX650s that I have and both have a very similar sound signature. Love the EX650s but I had them run down so was anyways due for a replacement. 
Pretty expensive though considering I can get a similar sound for quite less. 

No distortion on mine and I turn it up loud.  Use to love the EX series of in ears in the old days, tried the newer ones (copper ones) and they didn't sound as good.

May 13, 2016 at 12:45 AM Post #309 of 363
So after much back and forth, I decided to go with these. I was always impressed by the sound of my M100s so it made sense to me to go with these. I have had them for a week now, and so far am very impressed. I find the headphones extremely light. Even the "bulky" y connector isn't really noticeable to me. The only issue I see with them so far is the controller is close to the right ear. Not an issue in normal configuration but I see it being a bit of an issue with the ear hooks. I will be putting them through the paces at the gym in the next week or so, will share my experience.

May 13, 2016 at 1:36 PM Post #310 of 363
Hello, can someone help me out ?

Im thinking of getting my own pair of ZN, but I need bass. I got the Vmoda Crossfade LP2 and I like their overall sound, for me the perfect sound signature.
Im afraid, that the ZN might have way less bass than the LP2 and wont satisfy my bass level.

Can someone confirm or deny these speculation, or even descripe / compare the bass?

May 13, 2016 at 11:56 PM Post #311 of 363

Im thinking of getting my own pair of ZN, but I need bass. I got the Vmoda Crossfade LP2 and I like their overall sound, for me the perfect sound signature.
Im afraid, that the ZN might have way less bass than the LP2 and wont satisfy my bass level.

Can someone confirm or deny these speculation, or even descripe / compare the bass?

I love the bass. I listen to a variety of music but when listening to Rap/Dance music, i feel the bass and it hits nice and low. Not overpowering though.

May 14, 2016 at 10:07 AM Post #312 of 363

The ZN being for the audiophile club I would think they don't have enough bass for us.

People should start using a scale for bass level though descriptions are also helpful

I consider my urbeats an 8-9/10 when I have heard harder hitting deeper bass with headbangers though they had a built in amp

My v-moda bass freq's 1st gen were 7-8/10

May 14, 2016 at 12:11 PM Post #313 of 363

Comparing them to the M-100 and XS, they are definitely on the M-100 end of the spectrum in terms of bass. If that helps at all.
I like them a lot; they're colored and fun, although like the M-100 a bit much re: the low end on some music.

May 14, 2016 at 2:01 PM Post #314 of 363
  The ZN being for the audiophile club I would think they don't have enough bass for us.

People should start using a scale for bass level though descriptions are also helpful

I consider my urbeats an 8-9/10 when I have heard harder hitting deeper bass with headbangers though they had a built in amp

My v-moda bass freq's 1st gen were 7-8/10

Comparing them to the M-100 and XS, they are definitely on the M-100 end of the spectrum in terms of bass. If that helps at all.
I like them a lot; they're colored and fun, although like the M-100 a bit much re: the low end on some music.

I am thinking about wether I get the Beats Tour 2.0 (jeah I know.. Beats < V-Moda, but the Bass is probably more promising) or the ZN.
Personally, V-moda rocks, no matter what. I am pretty sure the Bass (even though it isnt as strong as the Beats Tour 2.0) would satisfy me.
If we take the 0-10 scale from  @p4s2p0, how much would you get the ZN (and even the Beats 2.0) ?

Edit:
already read these Reviews:
@dtsdig || @kpjimmy || @Heir Apparent || @meringo || @roma101
they seem promising, but the question is, what is their perception for bass?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back