V-MODA Zn: Official Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, Videos, etc.
Dec 29, 2015 at 10:12 PM Post #211 of 363
Used the Zn on my cross country flight today w my Fiio X1 and I could not be happier. The isolation is perfect for the plane and the comfort and sq are fantastic. I can't believe how well they isolate. I guess its because I was used to the VSonic GR07 which wasn't very good at all.

So yeah. The Fiio X1 is a great and cheap match for the Zn. Can't go wrong w the combo.

Dec 30, 2015 at 2:53 AM Post #212 of 363
I haven't been using my M-100 as much anymore since I can only comfortably wear sealed over-ears without my glasses, which bums me out. Would the soundstage and a bassy sound that doesn't bleed into the mids be as comparable here to the M-100?

Out of curiosity, do any of you Zn owners happen to own a pair of Piston 3s? I can hear a huge difference between the Piston 3 and the M-100 but the Piston 3 are adequate as a $20 IEM.

Hoping there is a Lightning IEM in the works if Apple does forgo the headphone port in iPhone 7 
wink_face.gif

Dec 30, 2015 at 9:37 AM Post #213 of 363
I haven't been using my M-100 as much anymore since I can only comfortably wear sealed over-ears without my glasses, which bums me out. Would the soundstage and a bassy sound that doesn't bleed into the mids be as comparable here to the M-100?

Out of curiosity, do any of you Zn owners happen to own a pair of Piston 3s? I can hear a huge difference between the Piston 3 and the M-100 but the Piston 3 are adequate as a $20 IEM.

Hoping there is a Lightning IEM in the works if Apple does forgo the headphone port in iPhone 7 :wink_face:

If you like the M100s you will be extremely happy w the Zn as an iem alternative. They are a cross between the m80 and the m100 in my option. Not quite as big from a bass slam standpoint but you still get the great response.

Dec 30, 2015 at 11:06 PM Post #214 of 363
Been using these non-stop these days on my commute and at work. Basically these have been going with me everywhere whether I have other cans or not. The Zns have been really convenient (love the ear hooks -- very cool to just pull out the earbud to hear something or someone speaking and just plug it back in) and they sound sublime and fun. To my ears, I definitely hear a blend of M-100 and XS. The bass is very reminiscent of the M-100 and the mids and highs remind me of the silky smooth nature of the XS. Also, I agree with what some others have said about the case. When I first opened the packaging and saw the case I loved it from an aesthetic POV but I haven't been using the case at all since it's a bit too small IMO. I'd rather just put the IEMS nicely in a bag or in my jacket pocket, which I've been doing and the durability holds up, no problems. Great to make calls on also.

Dec 31, 2015 at 2:05 AM Post #215 of 363
Same here, they are fantastic iems, absolutely love them but just wish they gave you a small hard case that you can actually fit the earphones in easily.

Dec 31, 2015 at 3:13 AM Post #216 of 363
If you like the M100s you will be extremely happy w the Zn as an iem alternative. They are a cross between the m80 and the m100 in my option. Not quite as big from a bass slam standpoint but you still get the great response.

I do love the M-100. Heck, I like the Xiaomi Piston 3.

I'm a bit concerned that I'm gonna want a Lightning connector IEM when iPhone 7 comes out, which isn't a big deal with the M-100 since the cable is detachable. Seriously, if these were Bluetooth they'd be perfect but am seriously considering buying. Might as well have a quality IEM as well. I'm hoping the streaming services (besides Tidal) catch up in quality.

Dec 31, 2015 at 6:59 PM Post #218 of 363

I'm a bit concerned that I'm gonna want a Lightning connector IEM when iPhone 7 comes out, which isn't a big deal with the M-100 since the cable is detachable. Seriously, if these were Bluetooth they'd be perfect but am seriously considering buying. Might as well have a quality IEM as well. I'm hoping the streaming services (besides Tidal) catch up in quality.

Buying headphones based on apple speculation is a bad way to go about it as there are rumors upon rumors that never come to fruition. Plus...that's 9 months away. You'll def get your money's worth in that time frame if for some reason apple does that (which I doubt anyway).

Jan 1, 2016 at 1:47 AM Post #219 of 363
  Any frequency graphs on the Zn yet? 

I have one, it's not the most accurate since it's a DIY build, it gets close, the DF compensation was adjusted to match Rin Choi's results (basically, DF compensation with adjustments for the lack of bass response my setup has) with a few IEMs, so take the graph with a grain of salt.

Jan 1, 2016 at 1:48 AM Post #220 of 363

As stated above, all iPhone 7 mocks up there are just that, mocks.  Nothing concrete has come out yet, and Apple is generally good with keeping things secret...  At least they used to, for now, don't trust anything until the April-May time period comes up...  Even then, take it with a grain of salt.  

Jan 1, 2016 at 2:18 AM Post #221 of 363
I have one, it's not the most accurate since it's a DIY build, it gets close, the DF compensation was adjusted to match Rin Choi's results (basically, DF compensation with adjustments for the lack of bass response my setup has) with a few IEMs, so take the graph with a grain of salt.

thank you very much. So is the blue/red the actual frequency?

Jan 1, 2016 at 2:22 AM Post #222 of 363
thank you very much. So is the blue/red the actual frequency?

Grey lines are raw, red and blue are compensated (they should be closer to what your ear hears).  The red and blue are for the right and left earpieces, respectively.  Compensation is the standard DF and adjustments for the bass loss in my DIY setup.  Once again, I do state that you should take these with a grain of salt.  

Jan 1, 2016 at 8:07 PM Post #223 of 363
Grey lines are raw, red and blue are compensated (they should be closer to what your ear hears).  The red and blue are for the right and left earpieces, respectively.  Compensation is the standard DF and adjustments for the bass loss in my DIY setup.  Once again, I do state that you should take these with a grain of salt.  
OK I see. Thanks. Would you say the Soundstage size is average, slightly above average, or large? And is the transition from bass to mids to treble smooth?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back