V-MODA Zn: Official Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, Videos, etc.
Jan 2, 2016 at 12:42 AM Post #226 of 363
you guys are killing me. I've been a supporter of V-Moda since M80 to M100 to Xs, still love and use them all. But have never owned any vm IEMs...so these share signature of those three headphones? which do they resemble the most? guess I'm seriously going to have to get some, as that'd probably be my perfect earbuds, as long as they are comfortable for long listening sessions... are they?

Jan 2, 2016 at 10:11 AM Post #227 of 363
you guys are killing me. I've been a supporter of V-Moda since M80 to M100 to Xs, still love and use them all. But have never owned any vm IEMs...so these share signature of those three headphones? which do they resemble the most? guess I'm seriously going to have to get some, as that'd probably be my perfect earbuds, as long as they are comfortable for long listening sessions... are they?

Yes. Lol. That's basically the long and short of it.

Jan 2, 2016 at 1:33 PM Post #228 of 363
I want to know if they are on the same level or higher as the m100. I also want to know the size of their Soundstage. Or how they compare to the ath ckr9. Can anyone chime in?

What's the nozzle size on these? Are they 5mm? Wanted to see if the spiral dot tips fit.

Jan 2, 2016 at 2:32 PM Post #229 of 363
I want to know if they are on the same level or higher as the m100. I also want to know the size of their Soundstage. Or how they compare to the ath ckr9. Can anyone chime in?

What's the nozzle size on these? Are they 5mm? Wanted to see if the spiral dot tips fit.

Can't compare to the ckr9...but the Zn does work w the Spiral Dots. I've used them a few times w them.

Jan 3, 2016 at 12:57 AM Post #230 of 363

If you put a gun to my head and made me choose between the three, definitely the M100.  It possesses a signature closer to a V.  If you use Comply Foam tips, they are quite comfortable, I wear them up without the ear loops.  

I personally would say lower level than the M-100.  

Jan 3, 2016 at 2:41 PM Post #231 of 363
How would these stack up against the rha t20 or dunu 2000j? I had a set of yamaha eph 100's go bust on me and I'm looking for new iem's. I have the m-100's and like them just fine, but I don't know if I want an iem with the same sound. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

Jan 4, 2016 at 5:17 AM Post #232 of 363
  How would these stack up against the rha t20 or dunu 2000j? I had a set of yamaha eph 100's go bust on me and I'm looking for new iem's. I have the m-100's and like them just fine, but I don't know if I want an iem with the same sound. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

well compared to the 2000j these are quite simply quite different. the 2000j were higher end focused and the Zn is just a nice portable version of the m100. not very highs focused at all. i love the sound of the Zn but i feel the making of them out to be portable is frustrating as i get fit issues and switch to a different pair. but by all means if you have a project to do you can put these in and go to work without wanting, thinking, feeling like switching to any other pair as they will make you get lost.

Jan 4, 2016 at 5:33 PM Post #233 of 363

I personally would say lower level than the M-100.  

So get the m100 for better sound quality and get the Zn for more portability and on the go? Is the sound quality significantly lower on the zn than the m100?
Tbh, I have the m100 but was looking for some iems in similar price range that offered great bass and large soundstage.
Was thinking about ath-ckr9 or ath-ckr10.

Jan 4, 2016 at 5:36 PM Post #234 of 363

i have no experience with the CK but i would say go for it. these rock dude. bass and is for sure fun and enjoyable on all levels and genres. this song by Bone Thugs and ZHU is simply sublime- "hold up wait a minute" 

Jan 4, 2016 at 6:45 PM Post #236 of 363
Thanks for the info, just tried the rha t20i's at the apple store and I think I'm going that way, really liked the sound. Shame they only come in black from apple. I'll be getting the silver just headphone version. Saw the zn's and that volume controller is in a bad spot, too bad they don't make a zero button version. The orange cord with volume on the m100's was the first thing I switched when I got those. 

Jan 4, 2016 at 11:45 PM Post #237 of 363
  So get the m100 for better sound quality and get the Zn for more portability and on the go? Is the sound quality significantly lower on the zn than the m100?
Tbh, I have the m100 but was looking for some iems in similar price range that offered great bass and large soundstage.
Was thinking about ath-ckr9 or ath-ckr10.

If you enjoy the signature of the M-100, you definitely will enjoy the Zn.  The bass is a little thicker with a slight boom while the sound slightly smoother.  This is from memory though.  

Jan 5, 2016 at 3:19 AM Post #238 of 363
  Thanks for the info, just tried the rha t20i's at the apple store and I think I'm going that way, really liked the sound. Shame they only come in black from apple. I'll be getting the silver just headphone version. Saw the zn's and that volume controller is in a bad spot, too bad they don't make a zero button version. The orange cord with volume on the m100's was the first thing I switched when I got those. 

I don't see any other demo headphones at the Apple Store anymore besides the Beats
etysmile.gif
. Was this a flagship Apple Store?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back