V-MODA Zn: Official Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, Videos, etc.
Nov 19, 2015 at 12:49 AM Post #62 of 363
Got my Zn today and damn they are impressive. Most recently I've had the a83s and the dn1000s and these easily fit in the same price bracket 180-300. I've only had about an hour with them but I definitely like the sound better than my other go tos...the Trinity Delta and the Gr07BE. The cable on the Delta is by far the nicest I've ever used but it feels quite a bit less sturdy than the Zn so I guess there is always good w the bad. I just wish the Zn had a chin slider as well but with the three button remote I see how that's nearly impossible.

Anyway a great first impression. V-MODA is crushing it lately as I got a pair of the Crossfade Wireless as well and they are mighty fine as well. Kudos to Val and the team.

Nov 19, 2015 at 9:51 PM Post #63 of 363
Got my Zn today and damn they are impressive. Most recently I've had the a83s and the dn1000s and these easily fit in the same price bracket 180-300. I've only had about an hour with them but I definitely like the sound better than my other go tos...the Trinity Delta and the Gr07BE. The cable on the Delta is by far the nicest I've ever used but it feels quite a bit less sturdy than the Zn so I guess there is always good w the bad. I just wish the Zn had a chin slider as well but with the three button remote I see how that's nearly impossible.

Anyway a great first impression. V-MODA is crushing it lately as I got a pair of the Crossfade Wireless as well and they are mighty fine as well. Kudos to Val and the team.

Better than the Deltas, eh? I got a slot on the Atlas Kickstarter.... And I just got the Telos Fujisan. They all seem to be targeting this price point, with some sort of sport focus.

Since I got the other two, might as well try this one :wink:

Nov 20, 2015 at 10:18 AM Post #64 of 363
Quick Unboxing Video is now on Youtube of the first mass production units I received...

Also, you can see the entryway of our Milano design lab. Can you see anything special in the furniture/art?

Enjoy...

[VIDEO]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RIOvZT4AXM[/VIDEO]

Nov 20, 2015 at 11:24 AM Post #66 of 363
Impressive. I broke down and ordered a pair... Honestly I have some doubt about SQ. The past 4 years have given us some truly stellar options at this price point.

...as I listen to my Fujisan.

Nov 22, 2015 at 12:04 PM Post #70 of 363
Torn between these and SE215s. Are they worth nearly double?

Gosh yes. Much better overall sound and to me the fit of the 215 was terrible. I guess the 215s redeeming quality is a removable cable but the sound in my opinion was was overrated. At 100 bucks the Trinity Delta is far superior as well as the Alpha Delta. The Zn trumps all three from a SQ perspective. Just depends on your budget.

To me the Zn is pretty close to the 280 dollar A83 and the 300+ Dn-2000J. So it definitely punches above its weight.

Nov 22, 2015 at 1:08 PM Post #71 of 363

Good because I already placed the order! Would have liked a removable cable and spending less but I guess it would cost more in the long run if i bought both! It will be nice because they'll match my XS. Pretty excited for these! 

PS How do you find the tips? Considering some comply tips to go along with.

Nov 22, 2015 at 1:48 PM Post #72 of 363
Good because I already placed the order! Would have liked a removable cable and spending less but I guess it would cost more in the long run if i bought both! It will be nice because they'll match my XS. Pretty excited for these! 

The tips are standard fare. I prefer vsonic tips (the ones that come w the gr07) so I just threw those on and they are perfect. The Zn tips are fine I just prefer the slightly longer vsonic ones.

The cables are beefy as hell so I don't think you're going to have a problem. I know a few guys with the Alpha Deltas w the removable cable and its been an issue occasionally so sometimes permanent is better.

Nov 22, 2015 at 5:16 PM Post #74 of 363

Tips are fine to me. Although these do leak more than my PFE 232 they're still good enough to me. I feel like Comply's could be an upgrade for isolation and comfort but given the already bassy sound signature I'm concerned it may be a downgrade in sound quality.

Nov 22, 2015 at 5:51 PM Post #75 of 363
Tips are fine to me. Although these do leak more than my PFE 232 they're still good enough to me. I feel like Comply's could be an upgrade for isolation and comfort but given the already bassy sound signature I'm concerned it may be a downgrade in sound quality.

I actually do have issues with the tips, they are a little too stiff for me.  I know when I had the Vibrato, I used the XS-sized tips that were included.  With the Zn, the size of the tip seems to have changed :/  Surprisingly, the Zn seem to be less bassy than the Vibrato before it too. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back