V-MODA Zn: Official Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, Videos, etc.
Nov 13, 2015 at 11:46 AM Post #48 of 363
The XS is a great set of cans, don't get me wrong. I do not regret getting them at all, but if I was presented the choice to use the M100s or the XS, I'd go M100s all day. I have both lol. So for me the main difference with the XS to the Zn's is that the sound all around, to me is more finished more body than the XS. Where the XS is super clear on certain points in the music I listen to, the Zn adds a little "oomf" or a bit more body to the sound.  When the vocals come through the Zn, it sounds so clear and life-like. 

I prefer the clarity just above the right amount of bass in my headsets. So it's a preference thing.  But I have to say the Zn's do not compare at all to the XS, which isn't a bad thing, more than a different thing. If that makes sense. For most of my listening, I will always gravitate towards the M100s, but now for on the go convenience, that will be more of the Zn's at this point and then the XS.

If you spent any time with the M100s then it more of a comparison there than the XS. For the XS, for me the detail isn't entirely there for me. Like I said, I love all my V-MODAs to death, and is why I still own my XS. Heck, the XS is perfect for my daughter and for her listening to audio books or netflix. Now for that, the XS excels...that and a great gaming headset lol.. 

Nov 13, 2015 at 12:53 PM Post #50 of 363
same here, couldn't resist anymore.
and mine are going to Vienna as well btw...

Nice :)
Which leads me to the next (OT) question: how about joining our Vienna meets (if you did not already do so)?

Nov 13, 2015 at 11:08 PM Post #51 of 363

Will there be an option without a mic?

This was a hard decision and we decided to differentiate and make a "everyday driver" in-ear audiophile headphone that you can use for commute/work/travel/calls/workout/running/etc...

Plus, with Siri/Cortana/Google Now and voice app integration in music software we think it is necessary to have a mic (in addition to the rare times people call vs WhatsApp).

However, we did this without sacrificing the sound as being our #1 KPI and benchmark.  

The 3-button and 1-Button mic/remote are VERY VERY small...especially the 1 button, so you wont even notice it is there if you do not need it... this was VERY difficult to make so that we could call it sport friendly

-V

Nov 14, 2015 at 4:21 AM Post #52 of 363
This was a hard decision and we decided to differentiate and make a "everyday driver" in-ear audiophile headphone that you can use for commute/work/travel/calls/workout/running/etc...

Plus, with Siri/Cortana/Google Now and voice app integration in music software we think it is necessary to have a mic (in addition to the rare times people call vs WhatsApp).

However, we did this without sacrificing the sound as being our #1 KPI and benchmark.  

The 3-button and 1-Button mic/remote are VERY VERY small...

-V

I think having a mic available is nice, but what I really need when using a headphone on the go is the remote.
In fact I can't say I needed another in-ear by any measure... My reasons to order the ZN was having a robust, small, complete (I.e. Including a remote), hopefully good sounding in-ear that I can just grab, put into a bag or pocket without worrying. Another reason is, I have to admit, simply honoring Val's work. I think we need more companies thinking through the use cases of their products, take care for the details and don't just deliver me-too results.

They already shipped my package yesterday, quite impressive. So I hope to have it with me rather sooner than later...

Nov 14, 2015 at 7:42 AM Post #53 of 363
oh wow V-MODA shipped mine the same day I ordered within hours, nice!! 

I don't have any headphones with remote yet, but this is something I'm constantly missing when going running. I think this is going to make my music listening experience while running quite a bit better and easier, and so the running itself should become more confident. 

And I'm really looking forward to see what the ZN are capable of soundwise...

Nov 14, 2015 at 9:52 PM Post #55 of 363
  VAL, when can UK residents expect the ZNs on Amazon?  Do you have an ETA for them? thanks

They shipped already to Amazon UK, but sometimes it takes a while to setup.  V-MODA.com is faster, but Amazon UK will be in stock in about 5 to 10 days. I believe Selfridges will have Zn in about a month.

V-MODA.com has advantages in SIX STAR service and we will have our own Six Star return-warranty center in EU and Asia in case of rare issues by Feb to March and also begin shipping from EU-Asia eventually. Afterall, we are now global - we design in Italy, engineering in Japan, 3D print in NYC and have offices soon in four regions -LA, Milan, Hong Kong, Tokyo.

One Step at a Time!

Nov 15, 2015 at 8:28 PM Post #56 of 363
Are these really suitable for sports / workout - i.e. are they at least semi rain/sweat resistant? It's typically 85-90% humidity here so even a 5KM run has you dripping like you just took a shower. I find that if used regularly for running here, earphones and other electronics last a year at best. I accept this as a reality of living in an equatorial country and I simply replace both my IM70s and Sony bluetooth headset as and when they break.

As these ZNs are both rather more expensive and limited (read: possibly irreplaceable) I might err on the side of caution and reserve them for commuting - maybe I can get myself a discount on a pallet of IM70s as well :)

Nov 16, 2015 at 8:03 AM Post #58 of 363
My guess is that every headphone will give up at some point under wet conditions, if moisture gets inside. I think this will damage the drivers pretty sure.
But maybe you can ask V-MODA if this would be covered by the 2 year warranty, I mean they seem to be pretty confident about the longevity of their products, especially the ZN?!
And there is some program where you can get a new headphone from V-MODA at 50% discount if your V-MODA headphone break. I think this is valid for a lifetime, but the ZN probably won't be available any longer when you want to make use of this program.

Nov 17, 2015 at 6:39 PM Post #59 of 363
Wow these sound fat. Instruments have more body and weight than I'm accustomed to. Listening to Metal is almost overwhelming with these. Quite detailed considering the amount of Bass these output.

I prefer these to the PFE 232 and Westone 3s but they're to me roughly a tier below the Flare Audio R2 Pro(most detailed and immersive IEM I've ever heard with the largest soundstage I've come across).

I could've paid 400 for these and I would've been satisfied.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back