V-MODA Zn: Official Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, Videos, etc.
Nov 23, 2015 at 7:21 PM Post #91 of 363
just had a look at the V MODA site, probably you are right and you can trade in ANY V MODA earbuds towards Zn and the "must be on sale and in stock" only applies when you want to trade in your headphones for the Crossfade Wireless.

From their website I understand it like this as well..

BUT then there's the FAQs page:

What is the Immortal Life Program?
If your headphones have been overused, broken, or fall outside the warranty period, we offer a 50% coupon towards the purchase of a comparable headphone model (we do not offer upgrades). 

How does the Immortal Life Program work?
We ask that you destroy the headphones yourself and email us a picture of the destroyed headphones to support@v-moda.com with your contact details. 

Wait, you need me to destroy my headphones?
Yes, this saves time and shipping for processing the Immortal Life program. A member of our Six-Star customer support will contact you with a discount code to use on our site. 

...which says they don't offer upgrades. So... dunno. I guess I can cut the cord on my dead pair and see what they send me. Suppose I'll hold off on opening the Amazon package til then.

Nov 23, 2015 at 7:47 PM Post #92 of 363

BUT then there's the FAQs page:

What is the Immortal Life Program?
If your headphones have been overused, broken, or fall outside the warranty period, we offer a 50% coupon towards the purchase of a comparable headphone model (we do not offer upgrades). 

How does the Immortal Life Program work?
We ask that you destroy the headphones yourself and email us a picture of the destroyed headphones to support@v-moda.com with your contact details. 

Wait, you need me to destroy my headphones?
Yes, this saves time and shipping for processing the Immortal Life program. A member of our Six-Star customer support will contact you with a discount code to use on our site. 

...which says they don't offer upgrades. So... dunno. I guess I can cut the cord on my dead pair and see what they send me. Suppose I'll hold off on opening the Amazon package til then.

So V-MODA just answered...

Ticket ID: 77643
Your request has been deemed solved. If you wish to reopen your ticket, reply to this email

Richard, Nov 23, 4:39 PM:
We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced. If your headphones have been overused, broken, fall outside of warranty, or if you just want instant gratification, don't worry! Fortunately, with the V-MODA Immortal Life Program, we've got your back.
All we ask is that you put your headphones to rest by slicing up the cords attached to the headphones. Then, e-mail us a picture of the in-ear headphones destroyed and we'll e-mail you a 50% off coupon code . Private sale items are not included for this offer. 
* * International customers, please note: Import taxes/duties/custom fees/VAT will be for the full retail price of the item, not the discounted rate.
Rock On,
Richard
V-MODA Customer Support 
http://www.v-moda.com

THX1000, Nov 23, 4:29 PM:
I got an email offering 50% the Zn earphones with trade in of any V-MODA earbuds/in-ear headphones. Does it matter if my Bass Freqs are broken or that I bought it years ago?
------------------
Submitted from: http://v-moda.com/immortal-life-program

Nov 23, 2015 at 8:52 PM Post #93 of 363
I just got a similar response from them:

Yes, you can use your old pair of in-ear buds to receive 50% off the Zn from our site. 
Rock On,
David
V-MODA Customer Service
http://www.v-moda.com

Guess I'll cut up my dead pair and send them the photo and see what happens. Funny, if my dead $70 phones get me $90 off a new set then obviously this is above and beyond awesome. 

Nov 23, 2015 at 8:57 PM Post #94 of 363
I have been listening to the ZN's for a few days now and it most definitely doesn't compare with the dunu dn2kj or akg k3003i. I suspect the claim that the ZN can compete with top tier iems is nothing more than a marketing gimmick. The ZN lacks the detail, clarity, instrument separation, and imaging that the other mentioned iems have in abundance. However, it has a warm and appealing midrange presentation that is the greatest attribute in my opinion. Overall, it sounds very smooth with enhanced sub bass. I put them in the same league as the trinity audio deltas (reference filter). I got them for working out and outdoor activities and it suits the purpose well enough for me.

Nov 24, 2015 at 3:42 AM Post #96 of 363
Wasting perfectly good headphones by cutting the cord seems as unnecessary as food waste... Still a sweet deal.

Nov 24, 2015 at 8:15 AM Post #97 of 363
Wasting perfectly good headphones by cutting the cord seems as unnecessary as food waste... Still a sweet deal.

Normally the program is meant to replace defective units. Cutting the cords is just easier to check by photo than a killed driver and therefore spares one of the struggle and costs of sending the old headphone to v-moda.

Yes, killing a working unit would be wasteful.

Nov 24, 2015 at 9:58 AM Post #98 of 363
Does anyone know if removing the tiny serial number sticker on the Y connector will impact warranty? It's starting to peel, and an eyesore.

Nov 24, 2015 at 11:06 AM Post #99 of 363
  Does anyone know if removing the tiny serial number sticker on the Y connector will impact warranty? It's starting to peel, and an eyesore.

For cosmetic reasons I ripped this sticker off right away. And as you say, it will become loose anyway.

For the warranty you should register your headphones at v-moda.com/register. You find the serial number on the outside of the user manual as well.

so I guess you will be fine when removing the sticker.

My very first impression about the Zn:

I'm surprised how small their physical size is, they are REALLY small and handy.

...now off listening :)

Nov 24, 2015 at 3:07 PM Post #101 of 363
  Does this mean you're keeping them? LOL

So here's the deal... They probably have close to 15 hours of burn in, now. Bass still seems incredible; I really like the attack. Mids were pushed up a bit after burn in... really enjoying the warm tone. Treble is still kind of lackluster to me.

I like them better than I did, but I'm still on the fence about keeping them. The Zn sound nearly identical to my Telos Fujisan (I paid $99) but with slightly more bass, and possibly better attack. The telos, however, have a better cable (The Zn cable is well above average, but the Fujisan is even more tangle resistant, and much lighter... also re-enforced with kevlar,) and an ultra secure fit without using any additional guides.... 

Things I like:
- Bass is great for a single driver. Consistently good.
- Mids have improved after burn in. Warm, and presented nicely

Things I still don't like:
- Cable weight... as much as I love the perceived durability, they are much heavier compared to my Fujisan which are also kevlar re-enforced, and nearly impossible to tangle.
- Treble is so lackluster... 
- V-Moda's terrible reputation for producing IEMs.... not for sound quality, but build quality. Go back and look at ANY model of IEM they've ever put out. The abundance of cable failure and general build quality complaints are alarming... I remember first hand, as I worked in a headphone store that sold the vibes... holy **** they came in for returns on a regular basis. Always problems with the cable. I know that they offer a 2-year warranty now, but they need to prove to me that I won't have to send them in 8x like the reviewers all talk about. 

That's where I am...

Nov 24, 2015 at 5:02 PM Post #102 of 363
So here's the deal... They probably have close to 15 hours of burn in, now. Bass still seems incredible; I really like the attack. Mids were pushed up a bit after burn in... really enjoying the warm tone. Treble is still kind of lackluster to me.

I like them better than I did, but I'm still on the fence about keeping them. The Zn sound nearly identical to my Telos Fujisan (I paid $99) but with slightly more bass, and possibly better attack. The telos, however, have a better cable (The Zn cable is well above average, but the Fujisan is even more tangle resistant, and much lighter... also re-enforced with kevlar,) and an ultra secure fit without using any additional guides.... 

Things I like:
- Bass is great for a single driver. Consistently good.
- Mids have improved after burn in. Warm, and presented nicely

Things I still don't like:
- Cable weight... as much as I love the perceived durability, they are much heavier compared to my Fujisan which are also kevlar re-enforced, and nearly impossible to tangle.
- Treble is so lackluster... 
- V-Moda's terrible reputation for producing IEMs.... not for sound quality, but build quality. Go back and look at ANY model of IEM they've ever put out. The abundance of cable failure and general build quality complaints are alarming... I remember first hand, as I worked in a headphone store that sold the vibes... holy **** they came in for returns on a regular basis. Always problems with the cable. I know that they offer a 2-year warranty now, but they need to prove to me that I won't have to send them in 8x like the reviewers all talk about. 

That's where I am...

Seems like you don't want to like the Zn, so return them within the 60 day test drive period and enjoy your Telos Fujisan.

Nov 24, 2015 at 5:12 PM Post #103 of 363
Well, he's entitled to his opinion. I rather hear all sides and opinions, good or bad, helps the potential buyer too to get a well rounded idea of what the earphones are like and what they're potentially going to sound like.

My amazon uk order is being delivered 1-3 Dec so looks like they've either got them in or getting them in very soon.

Nov 24, 2015 at 5:22 PM Post #104 of 363
I hope I'm not offending anyone. I like it when current owners talk about the products before I throw down. Especially when they make claims that the product performs at a higher price point then what's set. My opinion is my own.

Nov 24, 2015 at 8:01 PM Post #105 of 363
  I just got a similar response from them:

Guess I'll cut up my dead pair and send them the photo and see what happens. Funny, if my dead $70 phones get me $90 off a new set then obviously this is above and beyond awesome. 

Well, I was highly skeptical but it appears they do indeed mean any pair of V-Moda IEMs will get you half off the Zns! Even if the original value of that set was less than half the value of the Zns! Amazing:

Subtotal:    $180.00 USD
Coupon Code (XXXXX):    -$90.00 USD
Shipping:    $0.00 USD
Tax:    $6.75 USD
Grand Total:    $96.75 USD

I got my original Amazon order today, I'm not even opening the box and sending it back. Too bad I couldn't just get a refund on that one, but for half off I'll wait. :)

I'm not sure why they're doing this, but will go on my list of awesome things that V-Moda has done and why I have no problem buying from them (maybe that answers my question :). They've always been generous in replacements and other issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back