V-MODA XS - V-MODA M-80s upgraded - Pictures and more! [Discussion, Questions] #FirstthreadtocoverXS
Mar 24, 2015 at 3:05 PM Post #886 of 972
I spent years searching for cheap cables - and using them. . .all of them broke within 3 months - some of them DOA - some of them 2 days, a week - but they all break. Then I bought a set of XS with the cable. I'm never buying a cheaper cable again. The XS cable has outlasted the lifetime of all of the over dozen or so of my other cables - all put together. Instead of spending $1-$5 for over a dozen cheap cables that all lasted less than 1 year put together - I now have the $15 VModa XS cable - that has outlasted all of them put together - sounds great as a headset - and apparently can take a beating.

If the VMODA cable ever breaks, I'm buying another one.

May 27, 2015 at 4:20 AM Post #887 of 972
On my commute with XS and Studio 3rd Anniversary, its a wonderful match, surprised there is not more love here for XS, so light and portable, and as a specs wearer no pain.

Listening to Shack-Here's Tom With the Weather flac cd rip, heavenly sound

Jun 1, 2015 at 9:45 AM Post #888 of 972
I have the Vmoda XS and love them! with custom engraved sheilds there are very comfy to wear and sound awesome. I had the M-80's an too me these XS vmodas fit much better and sound really good. I use them when I commute on train and all day at work at my desk. Dont hurt my ears at all during a full days use.

Jun 14, 2015 at 4:20 PM Post #889 of 972

Head-Fiers, can you guess what is in the V-MODA Pulp Fiction #SecretSuitcase?

We launched a giveaway to find out the answer. 

You can all participate in here: http://VVV.MODA/OiRDO.

COMMENT the answer below the Facebook post and SHARE the post on FB for a chance to win an historical V-MODA treasure worth $400
Hint #1: it is not a headphone, AMP, DAC or a speaker but it works with your Crossfade or XS
Hint #2: Jude knows the answer and therefore cannot participate, sorry dude! ☺

Contest ends June 15th 9pm PST. The winner will be chosen at random on June 16th.

#WeHappy?

Jun 15, 2015 at 3:47 AM Post #890 of 972
Is it a player?

Jun 27, 2015 at 1:49 PM Post #891 of 972
Hi guys.
Since it's an xs thread I'd like to ask some opinion about my future buy.

I'm in a market for a portable headphone that would fit my travels and act as fashionable accessories too (custom the shield). I love what I read about V-moda so far but unfortunately I live in a small town and without access to audition a V-moda. Truth is I don't really know any outlet that sells V-moda apart from online store.

I started seriously listening to iem and headphone in the advent of smartphone age. Before, I usually listen to desktop speaker or full loud speakers. I used to own a beat up Sony v6 hand me down years ago.

Earlier this year I bought a superlux 681 evo and fell in love the sound, vast stage, smooth treble and a hint of analytical edge. but it's huge and not isolating enough for travel.

Recently I audition my friend Sennheiser momentum 2 on ear. While it's a superior sounding headphone altogether but to me it lacked the super smooth and laid back signature of superlux. Bass too tight (for me), way better separation and depth but sounded rather thin and high not extending enough, mids a bit recessed. Soundstage is good though. But that just my short impression of it. Isolation is ok. BTW I like beats studio isolation better in comparison.

I value female vocals, reggae, rai, bollywood and rock among others.

So can someone please advise how the XS sound relative to above impressions? I can live with smaller soundstage as long as it isolate well and portable. Above all I value V-moda looks and customization chance. Detachable cable and though carrying case are big plus too.

I'm using iPhone 5 as my only dac and listen to mostly Spotify and 256kbps aac.

Thanks in advance.

Jun 27, 2015 at 2:47 PM Post #892 of 972
I've got many Superlux models as well as the XS. The XS are the smoothest sound of them all. By comaprison, the XS treble sounds polite. The XS is actually my preferred sound out of all my cans, but I don't use them all of the time because the oddly shaped earpieces don't fit my ears well enough for a seal. These cannot be used in environments where I need significant attenutation of background sound. I find when I need more attentuation of sound than the XS that I reach for Sony MDR7506 or Superlux HD562. The XS attenuate a little, but not enough for use in a live club monitoring atmosphere. When I need even less attenuation than the XS, I reach for Koss Porta Potties or KSC75.

I've seen the M100 for demo and some of the larger Best Buy, but never the XS or M80. I really would like it if V-Moda would put the XS drivers into an M-100 housing. The isolation of the M100 along with the preferred sound signature of the XS could be a winner in my book. They could even call it the XS100 or M90.

The XS are the sturdiest cans I've ever had - and they also feel that way. Most cans I have are mostly plastic with a little bit of metal. The XS is the opposite - mostly metal with very little plastic. I remember being a little amazed at how small they were when I first took them out of the box, but I'm over that. I'm not over wanting the XS drivers in a M100 housing.

Jun 27, 2015 at 3:10 PM Post #893 of 972
Wow thanks. Nice to know that xs are smoother than superlux. Now I'm really tempted.

I live in Malaysia and the only online store that fulfill V-moda xs don't have return policy. They do have on m80 by different seller. That's too bad though.

Jul 1, 2015 at 5:54 PM Post #895 of 972
Hi guys.
Since it's an xs thread I'd like to ask some opinion about my future buy.

I'm in a market for a portable headphone that would fit my travels and act as fashionable accessories too (custom the shield). I love what I read about V-moda so far but unfortunately I live in a small town and without access to audition a V-moda. Truth is I don't really know any outlet that sells V-moda apart from online store.

I started seriously listening to iem and headphone in the advent of smartphone age. Before, I usually listen to desktop speaker or full loud speakers. I used to own a beat up Sony v6 hand me down years ago.

Earlier this year I bought a superlux 681 evo and fell in love the sound, vast stage, smooth treble and a hint of analytical edge. but it's huge and not isolating enough for travel.

Recently I audition my friend Sennheiser momentum 2 on ear. While it's a superior sounding headphone altogether but to me it lacked the super smooth and laid back signature of superlux. Bass too tight (for me), way better separation and depth but sounded rather thin and high not extending enough, mids a bit recessed. Soundstage is good though. But that just my short impression of it. Isolation is ok. BTW I like beats studio isolation better in comparison.

I value female vocals, reggae, rai, bollywood and rock among others.

So can someone please advise how the XS sound relative to above impressions? I can live with smaller soundstage as long as it isolate well and portable. Above all I value V-moda looks and customization chance. Detachable cable and though carrying case are big plus too.

I'm using iPhone 5 as my only dac and listen to mostly Spotify and 256kbps aac.

Thanks in advance.

Have you heard the Beats Solo 2? It's really not that different from that tbh. The XS don't have much soundstage or isolation but they are pretty and are very well-made. I wouldn't buy it for the sound but if you need a good looking ultra-portable it's fantastic.

Aug 3, 2015 at 4:31 AM Post #899 of 972
Standard size so not incredibly deep lol. It'd really only be worth having a XS in addition to the M-100 for me if I could pocket them. Awaiting V-MODA's IEs too.
The XS to me are good during summer as it's a little cooler on the ears. The V-Modas Zn's are definitely pocketable :).

Aug 3, 2015 at 5:04 AM Post #900 of 972
The XS to me are good during summer as it's a little cooler on the ears. The V-Modas Zn's are definitely pocketable
smily_headphones1.gif

Zn's? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back