V-moda Vibes... The review is finished. (56k beware, big pics...)
Nov 27, 2006 at 9:47 PM Post #106 of 1,475
Quote:

Originally Posted by leqin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Of course it can also go the other way around - I'm quite partial to medium v-mode tips on my 5pro's and my ears reckon thats the best option... head-fi'ers know that ears can be vewy vewy picky
plainface.gif

lol, exactly. Whatever makes your iem sing so to speak...
etysmile.gif

Ply

Nov 28, 2006 at 5:17 AM Post #108 of 1,475
Quote:

Originally Posted by plywood99 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just got my Superfi 5pro back and tried the tips on the Vibe. Wow. They fit like they were made for the Vibe, even the foamies and biflanges.

Good to know that there would be more options for replacement tips...
I don't know if you allready mentioned it, but how do the vibes compare to the SF5pro in terms of sound quality? Does the difference justify the extra 90% increase in price to go from a Vibe to a SF5pro?

Nov 28, 2006 at 7:07 AM Post #109 of 1,475
Quote:

Just got my Superfi 5pro back and tried the tips on the Vibe. Wow. They fit like they were made for the Vibe, even the foamies and biflanges.

I have around 40 tips from just about every manufacturer out there and the Ue medium tips fit the best. I was using the tips from my D-jays, but I found that after a while the would slowly creep out of my ears. Had the same problem with the stock tips. The UE tips seem to be staying put though...

Ply

After changing the placement of the vibe from deep within the ear canal to just pressed in enough to hold placement I would think that the low end could be dramatically effected by changing the material to a tip that would be less resilient i.e. placing the silicone deeper in the canal makes the material more stiff and your low frequency suffers.

HellOfASentence
blink.gif

Nov 28, 2006 at 10:05 PM Post #111 of 1,475
Quote:

Originally Posted by peter_m /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good to know that there would be more options for replacement tips...
I don't know if you allready mentioned it, but how do the vibes compare to the SF5pro in terms of sound quality? Does the difference justify the extra 90% increase in price to go from a Vibe to a SF5pro?

Yeah I touched on the Superfi 5 pro in my review. The Superfi's midrange is just too veiled for me. The vocals sound very distant. Much prefer the Vibe's sound...

Ply

Nov 29, 2006 at 8:21 AM Post #112 of 1,475
Quote:

Yeah I touched on the Superfi 5 pro in my review. The Superfi's midrange is just too veiled for me. The vocals sound very distant. Much prefer the Vibe's sound...

Ok that's it...
this is officially my last post in this insane and costly forum. I will purchase the Vibes and I WILL live happily ever after... while listening to Postishead and Pink Floyd instead of thinking about it! Thanx to all who helped me make a decision.

If I ever post in here again... then I just can't leave good enough alone
confused.gif

Nov 29, 2006 at 8:39 AM Post #113 of 1,475
hah, u will enjoy floyd with these :wink:

although...once u get to hear floyd with vibe, you will start thinking about greater possibilities...
i am always staring down stax.

Nov 29, 2006 at 10:22 PM Post #114 of 1,475
Quote:

Originally Posted by peter_m /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok that's it...
this is officially my last post in this insane and costly forum. I will purchase the Vibes and I WILL live happily ever after... while listening to Postishead and Pink Floyd instead of thinking about it! Thanx to all who helped me make a decision.

If I ever post in here again... then I just can't leave good enough alone
confused.gif

Lol, I really laughed at that last statement. Welcome to headfi, sorry about your wallet. Leaving good enough alone is hard if you keep coming back to this site. My suggestion is to run as far as you can and then delete the link.

Hope you enjoy the Vibe...

ply

Nov 30, 2006 at 9:59 AM Post #116 of 1,475
"And it goes a lil sometin like this... hit it..."
modawrap.jpg

Nov 30, 2006 at 11:18 PM Post #117 of 1,475
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaloS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hah, u will enjoy floyd with these :wink:

although...once u get to hear floyd with vibe, you will start thinking about greater possibilities...
i am always staring down stax.

Aaaaaaarrrrrrrrrggggggggg Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
lambda.gif

why you have to do that - I was perfectly happy and content reading they were just plain okay with this or that band and you have to damned well spill the beans that they kick 'snot' playing floyd...... grrrrrrrrr LOL
icon10.gif

Dec 7, 2006 at 3:06 PM Post #118 of 1,475
Hello guys!

I`m a newcomer here, not sure if i should write it in this thread.
I bought v-moda bass freq two weeks ago, but they`re just too much bass, my head hurts, as I listen to progressive house most of the time. I`d really like to return these, add 50$ and get the Vibes.. is it possible like that? what should i do?

Thanks!
Valters

Dec 7, 2006 at 3:29 PM Post #119 of 1,475
Quote:

Originally Posted by valtersboze /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello guys!

I`m a newcomer here, not sure if i should write it in this thread.
I bought v-moda bass freq two weeks ago, but they`re just too much bass, my head hurts, as I listen to progressive house most of the time. I`d really like to return these, add 50$ and get the Vibes.. is it possible like that? what should i do?

Thanks!
Valters

where did u get the freqs from.

Dec 7, 2006 at 6:00 PM Post #120 of 1,475
valterz - 98% of the time I jam to progressive house as well, especially live sets from my fav DJs! House/electronic music is great - the bass can be unreal as the basslines are electronically created and the producer/DJ can turn it up to the 10s in the lowest frequencies with a mouseclick as opposed to real instruments which do not extend as low/hi in bass.

This is what makes house music so much fun to listen to on headphones IMO since it can really show off what the phones are capable of at all frequencies as opposed to natural instruments. My favorite song to listen to lately is "Royksopp - What Else is There (Trentemoller Remix)", and the girl says "I've got a golden ear" lol.

For Bass Freq you could try using the bass reducer if you have an iPod, or even trying diff fittings that arent as deep in your ear. Personally, I much prefer Vibe for house music as its balanced yet can still carry the basslines of house. It was actually tuned MANY HOURS using House as reference, but the engineers used many genres compared to myself. I sometimes like Bass Freq for Rock as the basslines arent as artificial as house, so Rock can sound super bass-enhanced and its fun to swap out the phones for a different sound like an EQ almost.

V-MODA definitely will upgrade them for you if within reasonable timeframe, just contact our supprt on v-moda.com or go to the store you purchased them at/return and buy the Vibe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back