V-moda Vibes... The review is finished. (56k beware, big pics...)
Mar 26, 2007 at 1:50 AM Post #1,098 of 1,475
Taken from the OP:

Quote:

Originally Posted by plywood99 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
On a scale of one to ten, I have to rate the V-moda Vibes a solid 9.5.

9.5???
Quote:

There really isn't much wrong with these phones. What really ticks me off is I spent over $300 bones on my old favorites the Westone Um2. And now these bad boys come out at just $101 dollars and smoke them. I'm not kidding.

really....

Quote:

The Vibes just sound so musical. When I get up in the morning to go to work I want to reach for my Um2s, because I spent so much on them, but the Vibes sweet sound call out to me, and I make the right choice and grab them instead.

wow... -____________- We were screwed right from the ghetto...

Mar 26, 2007 at 6:13 AM Post #1,100 of 1,475
Quote:

Originally Posted by _M2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wow... -____________- We were screwed right from the ghetto...

I believe that's "right from the get-go"...unless you were sharing a personal moment.
cool.gif

Mar 26, 2007 at 11:01 PM Post #1,101 of 1,475
Quote:

Originally Posted by Divad1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Same situation here, happened last night. I assume the warrenty will cover this as mine are only 2 months old however as im situated in the UK will I have to pay for shipping (there and return) to the US?

that's what i want to know, too. this is the first time i've bought expensive earphones and i think i've taken good care of them. although the sound quality is great, it doesn't really matter if they break down after a few months of use. i haven't used my player for days since i couldn't stand using the earphones that came with it, but i'm reluctant to buy a new pair of quality earphones which might break after a short time.

Mar 26, 2007 at 11:23 PM Post #1,102 of 1,475
Quote:

Originally Posted by _M2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Taken from the OP:
. . . We were screwed right from the ghetto...

um, I think that was the name of a p*rn movie I saw.

(not my fault, "my friend" was watching it and I happened to walk by with no headphones on . . .)

Mar 26, 2007 at 11:38 PM Post #1,103 of 1,475
Quote:

Originally Posted by souperman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^ LOLOLOLOL. a little too much fanboyism in those quotes. no contest. UM's > vibes

To me it always seemed that he was saying he enjoyed the Vibes more than the UM2s. Certainly the Vibes won't be better for critical listening or be near as accurate as the UM2s, but as the post says, they are very fun to listen to. I wouldn't use these if I cared about analyzing my music, but I just want to enjoy it, not tear it apart, and for that, I haven't found anything I enjoy more than these.

Mar 26, 2007 at 11:46 PM Post #1,104 of 1,475
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon118 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To me it always seemed that he was saying he enjoyed the Vibes more than the UM2s. Certainly the Vibes won't be better for critical listening or be near as accurate as the UM2s, but as the post says, they are very fun to listen to. I wouldn't use these if I cared about analyzing my music, but I just want to enjoy it, not tear it apart, and for that, I haven't found anything I enjoy more than these.

uh. what i was saying was that the vibes are NOT fun to listen to. but if you must insist, it is your opinion. it is my opinion that the vibes are not worth the money. i think that they are good and a little better than 630's but they are not worth the ridiculous price tag. i mean come on. waste your money on something that is actually WORTH the money

Mar 27, 2007 at 9:25 PM Post #1,107 of 1,475
Quote:

waste your money on something that is actually WORTH the money

Believe it or not, most people will tell you the same thing when they hear you spend $100 on a pair of headphones.
wink.gif

Mar 27, 2007 at 10:02 PM Post #1,109 of 1,475
Quote:

^ LOLOLOLOL. a little too much fanboyism in those quotes. no contest. UM's > vibes

No Fanboyism here souperman. I have owned a lot of the iem's out right now for under $300.00. Too many to count. First gen Vibes just sound very good. Note I said first gen Vibes. The newer revision is a pale comparison. I ordered the Gunmetals when they first appeared. Got in on the first order. They sound marvelous. The newer ones with the laser cut membrane though, well, it is a different phone. Far too much mid-bass muddling the mids and highs.

I don't know if you have heard a 1st gen Vibe, which is what my review is based on. 2nd gen simply do not sound as balanced. Shame to really. I knew there were slight changes in manufacturing, but did not expect them to sound like totally different phones.

Anyway, 2nd gen Vibe is not by any means better than a Um2, first gen however is a different story. I simply don't understand why V-moda changed the sound signature as extensively as they did...

Ply

Mar 27, 2007 at 10:03 PM Post #1,110 of 1,475
I use a pair of KOSS 75 clips with the porapro drivers that are tons better and more comfortable than the remix or vibes. The Koss 75 are 20.00 or less and sound better. IMO. This spending money on the new fad thing is getting old and we know that the KOSS 75 is a great value and sounds great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back