V-MODA VAMP VERZA/METALLO: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, Crowdsourcing Ideas
Aug 27, 2013 at 9:40 AM Post #946 of 1,343
Awesome, but is it 100% confirmed this is compatible with Verza?

If so, I would much prefer this design.

Also, I suppose we will know in about 2 weeks if these cases will fit the 5S.

Aug 27, 2013 at 9:50 AM Post #947 of 1,343
Quote:
Awesome, but is it 100% confirmed this is compatible with Verza?

If so, I would much prefer this design.

Also, I suppose we will know in about 2 weeks if these cases will fit the 5S.

I am going to order one for my SDT and will test it with my VERZA later for a 100% conformation, but from the design it should fit at least the back side (not the "X" side) of the case.  I am pretty sure the 5S will be changed enough to make it not work...

Aug 28, 2013 at 5:37 AM Post #948 of 1,343
About the max output power in Verza, may I know the 130mW per channel in the technical specification refers to "High Gain"?

What is the max output power per channel at "Low Gain"?

Just have problem to choose between Soundroid & Verza to drive high impedance headphone.

Aug 28, 2013 at 6:02 AM Post #949 of 1,343
Quote:
About the max output power in Verza, may I know the 130mW per channel in the technical specification refers to "High Gain"?

What is the max output power per channel at "Low Gain"?

Just have problem to choose between Soundroid & Verza to drive high impedance headphone.

In this case get the VERZA.  It max out at 150mW at 32 ohms and both the SDT and VERZA has a 10 ohms output impedance.  Not sure what's the max at low gain.

Aug 28, 2013 at 6:15 AM Post #950 of 1,343
In the page 1 of this thread, it says:
Hi-Fi 150mW x 2 (USB Mode), 130mW x 2 (iOS Mode) amplifier

I assume if you hook up with any iDevices such as iPod Classic the max output is only 130mW at "High Gain" mode, am I right?

In other thread as mentioned by mtthefirst, the max output at "High Gain" in Soundroid is 110mW.

Quote:
In this case get the VERZA.  It max out at 150mW at 32 ohms and both the SDT and VERZA has a 10 ohms output impedance.  Not sure what's the max at low gain.

Aug 28, 2013 at 8:43 AM Post #951 of 1,343
Quote:
In the page 1 of this thread, it says:
Hi-Fi 150mW x 2 (USB Mode), 130mW x 2 (iOS Mode) amplifier

I assume if you hook up with any iDevices such as iPod Classic the max output is only 130mW at "High Gain" mode, am I right?

In other thread as mentioned by mtthefirst, the max output at "High Gain" in Soundroid is 110mW.

Officially yes, but since iDevices also work in USB-DAC mode, you can take adventage of the 150mW.  I have seen that 110mW claim for the SDT, but I have never seen it posted else where before so it is not 100% confirmed.

Aug 29, 2013 at 3:17 PM Post #952 of 1,343
Is it only me missing the capacitors in this amp layout? I always thought of them to be mandatory for a proper amp.

Aug 30, 2013 at 11:04 AM Post #953 of 1,343
FYI: just got an email saying that my VC MM5 case got delivered, so I will have something up by tonight after I get off work.  Stay tuned.

Update: My review is up in here.

Update 2: some of you may have noticed that there is a white Unit 4.0 on the left of the first pic.  Initially I bought it because it is white and only cost $100 to compare to my V-MODA VAMP.  However, I ended up gut swapping the two, so now I have the one and only white VAMP for my white iPhone 4S 
size]

Sep 2, 2013 at 1:14 AM Post #954 of 1,343
not that this will come as a shock to anyone, but I just picked up a Microsoft surface RT and the Verza runs perfectly from it.  As a matter of fact, the driver installed without any sign or warning and I wasn't even sure it would work until I hit play.  Perfectly seamless. I haven't had a chance to test anything, really, and I'm interested to know what sample and bit rates it supports from the RT/Pro.

Sep 2, 2013 at 1:31 AM Post #955 of 1,343
Quote:
not that this will come as a shock to anyone, but I just picked up a Microsoft surface RT and the Verza runs perfectly from it.  As a matter of fact, the driver installed without any sign or warning and I wasn't even sure it would work until I hit play.  Perfectly seamless. I haven't had a chance to test anything, really, and I'm interested to know what sample and bit rates it supports from the RT/Pro.

Good choice, I bought a Asus VivoTab RT for my mother not long ago too, but I haven't tested it with my VERZA.  As far as I know, the VERZA is the ONLY DAC/AMP that officially supports the RT.  I am pretty sure the bit rates will top out at 16/48.

Sep 12, 2013 at 1:14 PM Post #958 of 1,343
Just a little random thinking out loud...

As much as I have always liked having an iPod Classic in my rig so I have almost all of my music available on the move, the battery life when using a CLAS or the Verza has always been a drag.  

I finally picked up a Touch and I'm giving it a try on a trip.  Wow, such a great improvement on battery life.  I think I can get used to picking out a decent selection of tunes for trips, and I can make use of iTunes match/cloud. 

The stack continues to shrink AND perform.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back