V-MODA VAMP VERZA/METALLO: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, Crowdsourcing Ideas
Mar 14, 2013 at 2:25 PM Post #121 of 1,343
Quote:
MFI is not adding hundreds of dollars to the price.  So everyone that thinks this would be half as expensive without i-device compatibility can rest easy.  That is not the reason it is $600.  You are probably looking at $30, on the high side for a license fee.  This, of course, does not include R&D but it certainly isn't going to cost $300.    

Yes. I'm fairly confident Apple actually controls (or sells directly) the chips that can interface with the lightning connector and enable direct digital access. There are already $100 lightning compatible docks out there, so there's no way MFI is driving the price to where it is.

That being said, I'm heavily interested in this product, and eager to hear about people pairing amperiors with it as those are my cans. I'm just not paying $600. Maybe Amazon will run a $200 miracle deal like they did for the original VAMP one year near Christmas. Then, I'm a buyer.

Mar 14, 2013 at 2:27 PM Post #122 of 1,343
I liked the rubber bands though :/.

Mar 14, 2013 at 2:37 PM Post #123 of 1,343
Mar 14, 2013 at 2:46 PM Post #124 of 1,343
Quote:
\
I thought this would be one of the first issues addressed since the early adopters of Vamp are some of the best prospects for Verza and some of the most loyal V-Moda customers, but the silence on this issue is cause for concern as I and others have asked this question several times with no answer.  I read on the Vamp thread that previous owners will receive $350 toward the purchase of Verza. Val commented in multiple posts that he would do something special for Vamp owners regarding Verza.  I contacted customer service at V-Moda who said they knew nothing about an upgrade program for Vamp and to contact Val.  So I am again asking Val whom I am confident will take care of his loyal customers and has just been too busy to address this particular issue.

I am trying to figure something out!  It is a bit more difficult than normal because our profit margins are so low and if you trade in the VAMP original we don't know the condition.

Give me a few more days to talk to the bean counters on a program!

Mar 14, 2013 at 2:53 PM Post #125 of 1,343
Quote:
I am trying to figure something out!  It is a bit more difficult than normal because our profit margins are so low and if you trade in the VAMP original we don't know the condition.

Give me a few more days to talk to the bean counters on a program!

I would also be open to an option where I keep my Vamp and receive a lesser discount on Verza.

Any specs on the bass boost?

Thank you for developing another innovative, amazing, cutting-edge portable audio product.

Mar 14, 2013 at 4:39 PM Post #128 of 1,343
Quote:
Here's a trade in program for all you vamp owners. Go to the for sale forums, sell your vamp, and then put that money towards a Versa. Keep them vamps in circulation!

Quote:
This is legit. 

Normally, I would agree, but due to the specialized dedicated nature of Vamp tied to the now outdated Iphone 4, I don't believe it holds its value the way a "normal" amp would, or the way that Verza will hold its value since it has been intelligently engineered to be futureproofed.

Mar 14, 2013 at 4:45 PM Post #129 of 1,343
You wouldn't get your $600 back or whatever you paid for it, but I think you would get a good amount back for it. Just like other niche products, I mean the hp-p1 still re-sales for $450-$500 and it only works with the ipod classic. 

Mar 14, 2013 at 5:16 PM Post #131 of 1,343
Val,

Your design is way ahead of everyone else's. It's a pleasure to watch passion and love poured into a product like you did (again). Kudos to you and congratulations for the awesome products you are creating.

The products are plainly BEAUTIFUL! And they make SENSE!

Congratulations Val!

Mar 14, 2013 at 5:30 PM Post #132 of 1,343
I was incorrect about the X having only 1xDAC. As I found out tonight, the X has 2xDACs too.

However the X having 2-layer PCB vs the Verza's 6-layer is confirmed.

There are a few other differences in board circuitry layout & components used between the two.

Edit: Original post fixed.

Can you explain to me what are layers and why do they have such an impact? Is it just for dacs? And are we going to be able to utilize both dacs for the iphone 5?

I wanna know
Does anyone know how the bass boost option works for I devices? Is it one step only?

I wanna know more about this too!

Mar 14, 2013 at 5:48 PM Post #134 of 1,343
32 ohms is ideal. Especially for portable audio. The lower the impedance the more efficient the headphones and there is no hard evidence that higher impedance headphones such as the Sennheiser HD800 will outperform those that have low impedance. Example: Edition 8 by Ultrasone is my favorite and it cost $1,500 and impedance is 32 ohms. Grado headphones are also low impedance. Headphones with higher impedance will require an amplifier. I call them the "snobby" kind :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back