V-MODA Unveils M-200 ANC, Its First Bluetooth Active Noise Cancelling Headphone
Feb 11, 2021 at 7:04 PM Post #93 of 137
Sorry if it has been asked already but can these be used passively or are they active-only? (ie. can be used with 3.5mm analog cable at all times whether there's any charge or not). If so, do the tuning differ a lot?

Mar 1, 2021 at 10:36 AM Post #94 of 137
Mine just arrived! DOA.... won't connect to my Samsung S21 Ultra.

won't connect to anything. The box says to install the app first, which I did. It connects. Then doesn't play music -- the Android system tells me it can't connect when I try to manually do so from the Bluetooth menu.

What balls :frowning2:

Edit: working! Step by step fix ahead in the thread.

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2021 at 10:44 AM Post #95 of 137
Mine just arrived! DOA.... won't connect to my Samsung S21 Ultra.

won't connect to anything. The box says to install the app first, which I did. It connects. Then doesn't play music -- the Android system tells me it can't connect when I try to manually do so from the Bluetooth menu.

What balls :frowning2:
Mine will arrive today, I'll play with it then. Try to forget the headphones from your BT menu (if it's not in there already), then put the headphones into pairing mode and reconnect. If that still fails, repeat the steps, but also figure out how to wipe previously remembered devices from the headphone.

Mar 1, 2021 at 11:09 AM Post #96 of 137
Update/edit:

WARNING TO ALL: DO NOT INSTALL THE ANDROID APP -- IT BRICKS THE HEADPHONES.

I was able to reset my headphones after several reboots / re-entering pairing mode. Pairing should be done, at least for now, exclusively in the phone settings menu until V-moda hires an Android developer / issues a fix.

This is what the app shows, now that my phone is connected and FINALLY playing audio through the headphones. better than a bricked device, I suppose.

Screenshot_20210301-112243_V-MODA.jpg

@V-MODA Team Member @V-MODA

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2021 at 12:01 PM Post #97 of 137
They sound great though and quite comfy :) best earpads/cups they've released. Hoping they fix software asap.

Also testing ANC now in my basement next to my furnace. They do an excellent job of destroying low frequency but higher frequencies are still very apperent. I don't really have another set to compare it to, besides my galaxy buds pro.... Too different. I find the ANC to be acceptable, but really need to test on a jet or train.

Mar 1, 2021 at 12:05 PM Post #98 of 137
They sound great though and quite comfy :) best earpads/cups they've released. Hoping they fix software asap.

Also testing ANC now in my basement next to my furnace. They do an excellent job of destroying low frequency but higher frequencies are still very apperent. I don't really have another set to compare it to, besides my galaxy buds pro.... Too different. I find the ANC to be acceptable, but really need to test on a jet or train.
I’m interested with how they’ll compare to the AirPods Max.

Mar 1, 2021 at 12:13 PM Post #99 of 137
I’m interested with how they’ll compare to the AirPods Max.
I'm gonna drive down to the apple store this week and test side by side, that is, if they have display units out. I'll be sure to post some basic impressions if so. For an ANC headphone, a noisy store is likely the best test environment :)

Mar 1, 2021 at 1:43 PM Post #102 of 137
Got home and connected them. I actually, despite the warning, went through the app first. No issues connecting through the app, though it didn't appear as an audio source at first, it eventually did. I don't remember if I had to specify the source as a headphone or not, but I did end up doing that anyways in iOS' settings (really only affects the volume safety limits iOS has.

There is a transparency mode on these if you cover the left cup, it will pipe in outside noise. I'm not sure what frequencies the ANC does, but I can't really hear any differences between 1 and 10. Normally I can hear differences with the television in the background or just simply tapping my wood/metal desk/side table. But nothing, which is odd.

I’m looking forward to your impressions. I too am curious about how these compare to my current favs, the AirPods Max and B&O H95
I don't have the B&O on hand, but do have the APM. After some time with these I'll definitely end up doing a comparison since they seem like direct competitors.

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2021 at 1:59 PM Post #103 of 137
ll try on my iPad. I'm thinking this is strictly the android app and/or it's interaction with Samsung's new line. Crossing my fingers for a quick software fix. Got off the phone with V-Moda a lititle while ago. The rep has been helpful and letting the team know.

Mar 1, 2021 at 2:43 PM Post #104 of 137
Apparently there is a firmware update for the headphones already? Interesting.

Edit: take that back, the app doesn't check to see if the versions match 🤷‍♂️

Edit 2: upon "updating" the firmware, my iPhone didn't read it as a source for audio. Shutting it on and off fixed that though. iOS 14 has been riddled with BT bugs though, so I'm not sure if it's the headphone, the iPhone, or both.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back