V-MODA Shield Design Discussion
Aug 24, 2012 at 11:39 PM Post #92 of 1,269
Just pre-oredered a VTF-100, here's the design I came up with.

What do you guys think?

Aug 26, 2012 at 2:53 AM Post #95 of 1,269
Quote:
Wow thanks for pointing that out to me, I should've noticed it when I was putting it together that I should've sharpened it up a little.

Think this looks any better?

Yup that definitely looks a lot better. I'm not sure if the nails on the feet will show up too well though because they're pretty small.

Aug 26, 2012 at 3:17 AM Post #96 of 1,269
Ok I really appreciate the advice, I went in and just darkened the claws a bit.

That's the design I'll send in,

and with an inversion, I'm able to get a general idea of how it will look with my color choice, even though I know the actual production will look different.

Aug 26, 2012 at 5:55 PM Post #98 of 1,269
Quote:
Ok I really appreciate the advice, I went in and just darkened the claws a bit.

That's the design I'll send in,

and with an inversion, I'm able to get a general idea of how it will look with my color choice, even though I know the actual production will look different.

Great design.  Although, it looks a little like scruffy is fixin' to dry hump the vents. Might look better if it was just a head shot?

Aug 26, 2012 at 7:13 PM Post #100 of 1,269
Quote:
Some more color schemes for your consideration.  M-100's on the left!

That's a beautiful photo. The royal purple looks better in this photo than the images on V-MODA's website. Where did you find this, if I may ask?

On the "big thread", everyone says the right earcup of the M-100 has a second headphone port (hence why Val has been talking about a "cork plug"). In that photo, the M-100's gold shield earcup doesn't have such a port, but the purple side clearly does. Curious curious.

Aug 26, 2012 at 8:14 PM Post #101 of 1,269
Picture was taken from Hong Kong V-Moda Facebook page at the High-End Audio Show on 8-10-12.  I don't post on the 'big thread' anymore. But I am aware of the additional corked port announcement and noticed it was absent in this photo also.  I'm guessing they just didn't have the newer version in time for the expo.  And you know Val, loves to keep us guessing. 

Aug 29, 2012 at 1:32 PM Post #103 of 1,269
This look nice, Where can i get This image if i want the same one on my headphones
how can i contact the person who made this?

That is the Black matter Shell right?

Quote:

The angel wing feathers should be fine I think:
The details on this design are pretty fine.

I personally really like #3 the most, the keyblades second most, and the angel/devil wings third most.

Aug 29, 2012 at 1:34 PM Post #104 of 1,269
I get that it's black and white, but if I do a black silhouette with parts of white and grey in it, what will it become? The white parts will be the shieldcolor and the black parts will be white, but the grey?

Aug 29, 2012 at 2:48 PM Post #105 of 1,269
Quote:
What design would be best of theese

Personally I like the last one, (an eagle?) the most and the second to last one second most. Keep in mind that although V-MODA has engraved grey before, I don't think V-MODA actually does it unless it's for a special case. It would be best to keep your design strictly black and white. On the other hand, Val has stated that grey is OK, so maybe you should contact V-MODA's support to be absolutely certain.

Quote:
This look nice, Where can i get This image if i want the same one on my headphones
how can i contact the person who made this?

That is the Black matter Shell right?

I'm not sure where you can find that design. However, upon doing a Google search of the name on that design, I came upon this guy's Facebook page. Maybe he's the creator? If so, you can try to contact him.
^ And this is exactly why Facebook scares me sometimes... :/

Yes, those are the matte-black shields.

Quote:
I get that it's black and white, but if I do a black silhouette with parts of white and grey in it, what will it become? The white parts will be the shieldcolor and the black parts will be white, but the grey?

Like I said above: Keep in mind that although V-MODA has engraved grey before, I don't think V-MODA actually does it unless it's for a special case. It would be best to keep your design strictly black and white. On the other hand, Val has stated that grey is OK, so maybe you should contact V-MODA's support to be absolutely certain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by valkolton

Quote:
Val mentioned in the comments of that picture on V-Modas facebook that it is possible for them to do grayscale.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150709946113092&set=a.10150249433353092.370339.106696703091&type=3&theater

Can do...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back