V-MODA Shield Design Discussion
Jul 22, 2012 at 1:23 PM Post #47 of 1,269
Jul 22, 2012 at 8:44 PM Post #49 of 1,269
made a profile just to post my design hahah... i play bass, my name is nate (N8) and the kanji is Ongaku (music). what do u guys think? are the details too small to show up right?

Jul 25, 2012 at 8:07 PM Post #52 of 1,269
Well since Val just gave us some news on the M100's I decided to do some snooping around.  Do you guys think they would be able to put this on the sides?

I was also considering getting green shields and having a "koopa shell" design but from what I've seen so far from all the images, the image doesn't take up the whole area which would detract a lot from the design.

Jul 25, 2012 at 11:44 PM Post #54 of 1,269
Well since Val just gave us some news on the M100's I decided to do some snooping around.  Do you guys think they would be able to put this on the sides?

I was also considering getting green shields and having a "koopa shell" design but from what I've seen so far from all the images, the image doesn't take up the whole area which would detract a lot from the design.

SOUL EATER FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jul 25, 2012 at 11:52 PM Post #55 of 1,269
Quote:

Just follow my guide - you should be able to get it to work:

• Go here to download the Adobe Illustrator CS6 trial.
  • Once it is downloaded/installed, open the image you want to edit in it.
  1. This means going to the file, right clicking..
  2. ... selecting "Open with"...
  3. ... and choosing to open with Adobe Illustrator CS6.
  • Next, click on the image once you have opened it in the program.
  • On the top you should see a button called "Image Trace"..
  1. Press this button, and it should automatically convert it to a vector-based, B&W image..
  2. ... next, just to the left of where the "image trace" button was, click on the small, square list icon...
  3. ... Make sure to open the advanced settings, and change them, up or down, until your image looks right..
  4. HINT: Changing the "Paths" value will mean that the vector will try to copy the original image more tightly.
  5. HINT: Changing the "Corners" value will make any edges and corners appear sharper, rather than rounded.
  6. HINT: Changing the "Noise" value will alter how much of the image is ignored. If you have a small line that you don't want in your logo, make the value larger, so it only includes thicker lines.
  7. HINT: To help with making sure its perfect, change the zoom-in percentage on the bottom left to 150% or higher, so you can see all the details.  
  • Lastly, once everything is ready, save it as an AI file, and when it asks if you want to "include PDF" or something, say yes.

NEXT

• Go here to download the Photoshop Elements 10 trial. 
  • Open the AI file you saved in Illustrator earlier..
  • If you don't need to change anything else, save it as a JPG, the resolution should be over 1080p, and the dpi/ppi should also be extremely high. 

Jul 26, 2012 at 9:45 AM Post #56 of 1,269
Quote:

1. Press this button, and it should automatically convert it to a vector-based, B&W image..
  2. ... next, just to the left of where the "image trace" button was, click on the small, square list icon...
  3. ... Make sure to open the advanced settings, and change them, up or down, until your image looks right..
  4. HINT: Changing the "Paths" value will mean that the vector will try to copy the original image more tightly.
  5. HINT: Changing the "Corners" value will make any edges and corners appear sharper, rather than rounded.
  6. HINT: Changing the "Noise" value will alter how much of the image is ignored. If you have a small line that you don't want in your logo, make the value larger, so it only includes thicker lines.
  7. HINT: To help with making sure its perfect, change the zoom-in percentage on the bottom left to 150% or higher, so you can see all the details.  
  • Lastly, once everything is ready, save it as an AI file, and when it asks if you want to "include PDF" or something, say yes.

NEXT

• If you don't need to change anything else, save it as a JPG, the resolution should be over 1080p, and the dpi/ppi should also be extremely high. 

Wow thanks a ton.  Will definitely try this once I get home from work.  Really appreciate it!

Jul 26, 2012 at 11:24 AM Post #57 of 1,269
Quote:

That is one bad-ass design.

Jul 27, 2012 at 7:16 PM Post #58 of 1,269
Quote:

NEXT

Wow, thank you for the guide! I will try this out too.

Question, when submitting the custom artwork, how does V-MODA know where to place the image (e.g. I might want logo X in upper right corner instead of centered)? Do we use one of the provided templates?

Jul 27, 2012 at 7:51 PM Post #59 of 1,269
Quote:

Wow, thank you for the guide! I will try this out too.

Question, when submitting the custom artwork, how does V-MODA know where to place the image (e.g. I might want logo X in upper right corner instead of centered)? Do we use one of the provided templates?

You could just include the image, and a template showing how you want it placed - just put them both in a zip-file, and make the names of the files explain it. Aka: "Full size" and "Positioning Example"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back