V-MODA Shield Design Discussion
Jul 6, 2012 at 1:41 PM Post #18 of 1,269
Quote:

I tried combining 2 motifs. what do you guys think

I certainly don't object to combining two images, but just as a little critique, I think that you should place the four aces image INSIDE the open area of the first image. I think that would both save space and make it more aesthetically pleasing. Just a thought.

Alright, I already posted my image in the M-100 discussion thread, but I'll post it here again anyway.

This is the old logo for VulpVibe Records, and the guy that owned it gave up rights a few years ago, so the logo is fair game (but I did ask for his consent, just to make sure.)

Jul 9, 2012 at 1:08 AM Post #19 of 1,269
Quote:

I certainly don't object to combining two images, but just as a little critique, I think that you should place the four aces image INSIDE the open area of the first image. I think that would both save space and make it more aesthetically pleasing. Just a thought.

Alright here's my second attempt. i had to shrink the cards down a bit but it fits. I hope it's not to small for V-MODA to work with. What do you guys think?

Jul 9, 2012 at 1:59 AM Post #20 of 1,269
Quote:
Alright here's my second attempt. i had to shrink the cards down a bit but it fits. I hope it's not to small for V-MODA to work with. What do you guys think?

No offence, but I don't think the cards will come out well - the 'A's won't be detailed, is there any higher quality scan/image you can get of them?

Jul 9, 2012 at 2:38 AM Post #21 of 1,269
Quote:
No offence, but I don't think the cards will come out well - the 'A's won't be detailed, is there any higher quality scan/image you can get of them?

I'm gonna have to say the same thing. They're gonna come out as small specks. If you're fine with that then go ahead, but otherwise I'd say get rid of the cards

Jul 9, 2012 at 2:47 AM Post #22 of 1,269
Maybe you guys are right nothing wrong with just going with the tribal art eagle. Other options I was considering was maybe a tribal art cross or a tiger.

So which one do you guys think would work the best?

Jul 9, 2012 at 4:32 AM Post #23 of 1,269
The first image looks the most bada$$ if that is what you're going for. But the second image is the cleanest and will probably show up better on the shield. Not a fan of the tiger or the four aces. Although if you are a poker player this could be an intimidation factor at the table (the aces).

Jul 11, 2012 at 10:37 AM Post #28 of 1,269
Quote:
The design itself is 'etched' into the shield and will not contain a color. But you can select from an array of different shield colors.  Is this the design for your shield?  Here's a link to custom designs from the V-Moda Facebook page. http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150249433353092.370339.106696703091&type=3

the thought was that everything would be etched off besides the design which is in color. Im waiting for closer to the m-100 release to decide what I want to do about my shields though so I wont be able to confirm if this is okay by going through v-modas shield design artists but again val is saying that it is Ez assuming of course he correctly understood what I wanted to do.

Jul 12, 2012 at 8:16 PM Post #29 of 1,269
Quote:
Here's my shield design with my custom logo. The Kanji means Sama (Which is part of my alias for gaming, etc. It's also the logo I use for my Youtube Channel)

These are on my LP2. I am in love with them still, and the shields are just ******* awesome on the black LP2.

That's the exact color combo/style I'm going for on the M100 except with a different character. Any tips on how you made/design/aligned/etc yours? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back