V-MODA Shield Design Discussion
Jun 19, 2015 at 3:21 PM Post #1,141 of 1,269
Jun 20, 2015 at 11:57 AM Post #1,142 of 1,269

I see your profile pic has AVICII:

Yes, I saw that in his music video! (REALLY cool)

I also saw that the V-Moda website had some major upgrades and the M-100 is now $270.00 (it even comes with Laser Engraved or 3D shields at no extra cost)...
I currently have some LP2's that I got from Avicii's X-Mas Giveaway in 2012, but I plan on buying the M-100 soon, since the options are really good now.
The only problem will be shipping them to Brazil (taxes...)

Anyway, good work. Loving all the new stuff.
Cheers man

Jun 21, 2015 at 8:12 AM Post #1,143 of 1,269
  I plan on buying the M-100 soon, since the options are really good now.
The only problem will be shipping them to Brazil (taxes...)

Anyway, good work. Loving all the new stuff.
Cheers man

Yes, Brazil has the highest import taxes unfortunately for some reason - no way around it. But most countries are reasonable!

You'll be the first in Brazil with 3D, so it's worth it ;>

Great you won the Avicii contest!   Thanks and spread the word!

-V

Jun 21, 2015 at 2:28 PM Post #1,144 of 1,269
Oh gosh. The new 3D shields look amazing. Unfortunately i bought the M-100 2 weeks ago for full price and they shipped a day before the 3D shields came out 
frown.gif

Jun 23, 2015 at 4:03 AM Post #1,146 of 1,269
I like it - "Cityscape on V"... for 3D it may need to be a bit bulkier in some thin areas of the font and the city but our designers can try.  The laser engraver can print much thinner lines of course.

FROM THE 3D FAQ @ http://v-moda.com/crossfade-m-100#faq

What is the minimum thickness for 3D printing of designs and fonts?
Bolder logos with thicker lines are required for the best results. Thin or fine lines in the design and areas of fonts may not print properly. 

color]
 - See more at: http://v-moda.com/crossfade-m-100#sthash.oZrHIJy8.dpuf

Jun 26, 2015 at 6:20 AM Post #1,147 of 1,269
[COLOR=222222]Just got these babies in today. Ordered on 4/14 and received with custom shields 4/16. Just wow...[/COLOR]

What are the odds that this hybrid rebels/empire emblem design will work well with the new 3D printed process? Val K still around to share the deets on the new shields? :D

I think it's simple enough but maybe some of the lines are too fine, dunno, I really want to upgrade my M-80 to a pair of XS with those! I'm curious what the turnaround time is too.

Not in a hurry or anything but since the site says it's obviously gonna take longer than the old laser engraving, yet doesn't give any estimate... Probably going for red fiber shields myself.

Those brassy looking steel ones for like an extra $70 are tempting tho!

Jul 20, 2015 at 4:41 PM Post #1,148 of 1,269
What are the odds that this hybrid rebels/empire emblem design will work well with the new 3D printed process? Val K still around to share the deets on the new shields?
biggrin.gif

I think it's simple enough but maybe some of the lines are too fine, dunno, I really want to upgrade my M-80 to a pair of XS with those! I'm curious what the turnaround time is too.

Not in a hurry or anything but since the site says it's obviously gonna take longer than the old laser engraving, yet doesn't give any estimate... Probably going for red fiber shields myself.

Those brassy looking steel ones for like an extra $70 are tempting tho!

Well I have an answer! Got mine in today and they look friggin sick!!! Pics speak louder than my post lol...

Money shot....lol

Jul 20, 2015 at 5:13 PM Post #1,150 of 1,269
I ordered when they first released but I had to change my order on 6/23. So I will say I ordered on 6/23 or 6/24. So it is a bit of time and I had to change my order.  I think they said 15-20 business day lead time. Which falls in line pretty much with me, but I am on the extreme side. 

V-Moda guy that was helping me said this process is brand new so they are still working to get this process more streamlined. Because these get sculpted in Italy then sent over to California to do the printing and then finally shipped after inspection. 

And yes, these are the fiber ones. :) 

Jul 20, 2015 at 5:23 PM Post #1,151 of 1,269
I ordered when they first released but I had to change my order on 6/23. So I will say I ordered on 6/23 or 6/24. So it is a bit of time and I had to change my order.  I think they said 15-20 business day lead time. Which falls in line pretty much with me, but I am on the extreme side. 

V-Moda guy that was helping me said this process is brand new so they are still working to get this process more streamlined. Because these get sculpted in Italy then sent over to California to do the printing and then finally shipped after inspection. 

And yes, these are the fiber ones. :) 

Sweet, even as it is a <1 month turnaround sounds fine by me. Gotta get my butt in gear and order mine to see if I can have them for a trip I'm taking in September!

Jul 25, 2015 at 12:01 PM Post #1,152 of 1,269
Hey, guys. I've been trying to purchase an M100 from V-MODA's site, but I can't seem to upload my design no matter what. Whenever I hit "Checkout" and then "View Order", it says "No Design".

I've tried uploading in JPEG, PNG, and PSD formats, but nothing works (my internet won't even upload the file, from the looks of it). Am I doing something wrong? Could someone please help me out?

Thanks in advance.

Jul 25, 2015 at 12:20 PM Post #1,153 of 1,269
Hey, guys. I've been trying to purchase an M100 from V-MODA's site, but I can't seem to upload my design no matter what. Whenever I hit "Checkout" and then "View Order", it says "No Design".

I've tried uploading in JPEG, PNG, and PSD formats, but nothing works (my internet won't even upload the file, from the looks of it). Am I doing something wrong? Could someone please help me out?

Thanks in advance.

Have your tried switching browsers and turning off pop up and ad blocker?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back