V-MODA Shield Design Discussion
Feb 2, 2015 at 2:42 AM Post #1,096 of 1,269
Woah!  I had no idea they were capable of such detail.  How do you think this would have turned out on a glossy, coloured shield?  I'm thinking a glossy red, like the one in this picture:  

Would it come out as nice?  Will there be enough contrast to see all the detail?

I think the details show mostly with the black plates because they aren't able to achieve grey with colored plates, but i'm not shure you should mail them...

Feb 6, 2015 at 3:06 PM Post #1,098 of 1,269
Guys can anyone tell me how I can crop my image to the shield template I'm having a hard time using photoshop. Any help would really be appreciated. Also I've noticed that a lot of people don't vectorise the images when they send them, and it looks like v moda doesn't do that either, judging by all the detail on some of the shields. Maybe it'd be better not to do it and send them the files instead?
Thanks.

Feb 7, 2015 at 6:49 AM Post #1,100 of 1,269
Guys can anyone tell me how I can crop my image to the shield template I'm having a hard time using photoshop. Any help would really be appreciated. Also I've noticed that a lot of people don't vectorise the images when they send them, and it looks like v moda doesn't do that either, judging by all the detail on some of the shields. Maybe it'd be better not to do it and send them the files instead?
Thanks.

I just dragged a screenshot of the template into pages or Microsoft word and then dragged the picture I wanted into it too and resized it to fit.

Feb 7, 2015 at 11:14 PM Post #1,101 of 1,269
Just got mine today... So far I'm really happy with them. The sound exceeded my expectations by far (off the bat I was more impressed with these than I was with my Momentums), the gold (dbz) and blue (bioshock) shields came out great. Unfortunately though, the black one has some detail missing and looks smudged, they also engraved the white part instead of the black part on that one for some reason.

This isn't a shield but I thought it was really cool that someone wrote this lol

Feb 9, 2015 at 2:54 AM Post #1,103 of 1,269
Here's the one that got messed up

You could contact the support and ask them how it could be handled because it seems that there was a mistake done and if they really engraved the in the wrong way they will send work something out. To the missing details maybe they are missing or inacurate on the picture when you drag and drop you can scale the picture down easily but if you have to scale the picture up it will be muddy

Feb 9, 2015 at 12:19 PM Post #1,104 of 1,269
Aw man I wanna post a picture of my shield design so far for my LP2s, but I'm a brand new account here. I guess I need a few more posts. I could really use some advice from you guys but I cant show you a pic...

Feb 9, 2015 at 4:32 PM Post #1,105 of 1,269

Now that I am ready and able to post pics. I would like advice on what exactly is gonna go wrong if this prints on a sun orange shield. I want it all white and was working with a friend in photoshop, before I was left to do this on my own (I have a little less skills in this area but a bit). Any tips on what I can do to make this print white on an sun colored shield, things I am doing wrong?

And here is my other ear 
which I intend to be black and white on a matte black colored shield; too much detail for them ( was I supposed to invert this for them before they  print) I have no Idea?Post a Reply 
confused.gif

Feb 9, 2015 at 7:57 PM Post #1,106 of 1,269
It depends on your aimed goal the black parts in the picture will be lasered and the white parts will be left in rhe original color. Just remember, that grey shades are hardly possible at orange shields you will end with some lighter orange as a gray shade

Feb 9, 2015 at 8:05 PM Post #1,107 of 1,269
That is actually interesting as I was not aware at all that the greyed parts would Even differentiate. I was afraid it would be an all one shade white mess that led to a lot of my worries. Do you think the hands at the bottom in the second picture would show up well enough? I submitted it to customs @ vmoda just for checksies before I order still awaiting a response. 

Feb 9, 2015 at 9:42 PM Post #1,108 of 1,269
Idk about the black part being lasered in, if I were you I would add a comment to your order with instructions as to which part to etch. For mine they engraved the white part. Not that it mattered to me really, 2/3 came out better than I expected.

Feb 12, 2015 at 6:46 PM Post #1,109 of 1,269
Idk about the black part being lasered in, if I were you I would add a comment to your order with instructions as to which part to etch. For mine they engraved the white part. Not that it mattered to me really, 2/3 came out better than I expected.

you can still contatct them about it. they should send you replacement shields with the correct engravings for free.
they messed up on mine before and i contacted them and they sent out correctly engraved shields with no extra charge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back