V-MODA Shield Design Discussion
Dec 7, 2014 at 3:17 PM Post #1,066 of 1,269

quick question for the custom shield junkies:  
What base color (white or black) looks best with the orange shields?

Going to order my wife some LPs or M100's for Christmas, and the only part I can decide on is that it's going to have custom orange shields.

I've seen them both ways on google image search, but nothing compares to seeing them in person.

thanks!

Dec 13, 2014 at 3:40 PM Post #1,069 of 1,269
Hi guys, I'm planning on ordering some custom shields for my matte black m-100's but I don't have adobe illustrator or adobe photo shop.  my plan is to get both my sons' birthdays on the shields in roman numerals.  One date on each shield.  I'd like to use a nice thick font.  I was wondering if anyone could please place them in the template for me.  The dates are :

III.VI.MMXII  (right shield)

VI.XIX.MMXIV  (left shield)

Thanks so much.

Dec 14, 2014 at 9:37 AM Post #1,072 of 1,269
That makes sense. PM me your email and I'll send you files later today.

Two things: the shields are taller than they are wide.
You might want day/month on one line, and year on a second line. Ok?

Dec 14, 2014 at 4:34 PM Post #1,073 of 1,269
Hello people, first post here!  

I hope this is in the right thread ... it seemed the closest to my question.  Has anyone used anything else other than that horrible allen wrench supplied with the shields to change them?  I have a set of LP2's along with M100's.  I just had the most miserable experience changing the M100 shields.  A couple screws wound up stripped on one side and it was a miracle I didn't strip any on the other side. On the side with the stripped screws I tried lifting the plate to loosen them and accidentally pulled too hard and ripped it out taking a big chunk out of the plastic where the hole was.  Luckily the plate covers the hole, I just can't replace that screw obviously.

So now I have a set of plates coming for the LP2's and I'm a bit nervous changing them as they also have the wings to install, unlike the M100's.

Any alternate suggestions other than the supplied allen wrench?

Thanks!

Dec 17, 2014 at 3:40 AM Post #1,077 of 1,269
Just dove in on the Amazon $79.99 deal on the M-80s. I'm almost bummed I didn't really think through customization beforehand because I love orange and suspect orange plates would go better on the silver/white but it is what it is.

I love this thread so wanted to just thank everyone for the inspiration! Wasn't originally planning on these and still looking to get some high end over ear at home cans but at $80 it was impossible to pass these up and I confess the price, reviews, and the customization options really sold me.

I'm thinking of my name in Hebrew perhaps. Beyond that I'm a huge Fleetwood Mac fan and while obviously I can't use their trademarked stuff in general penguins are often used in their logos so I'm contemplating designing my own simplified penguin logo and using some kind of nice font to perhaps do a circular "Fleetwood Mac" around the penguin,

I have a Wacom tablet and a solid art background but I suck at digital art so I may have to draw what I want by hand and enlist someone with better digital skills to digitalize it and get it set up right to send in. Because I'm artsy I could see myself easily ending up with several sets of shields. I've got all kinds of ideas though the two I mentioned are what I thought up right away. Combining my loves of art, design, and music, it doesn't get any better than this!

Dec 22, 2014 at 12:32 PM Post #1,078 of 1,269
Hi all, 

I'm a little unsure regarding a shield design that I am thinking of putting for the VModa XS. Below are some of the design ideas that I am thinking. Please let me know guys what you think and how well it would end up or if I'm making a big mistake on these designs. Hope you could enlighten me on this. Thanks  :) 

Below is the image (there should be three designs in the jpeg):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/84191aouabn8hmx/shield_designs.jpg?dl=0 

Jan 12, 2015 at 12:49 PM Post #1,080 of 1,269

Guys:

I need your help. The picture on top is a design I made when I had Photoshop on my laptop. But I had problems with it and I had to replace the hard drive and I don't have the program anymore. The picture below is a design I made today using Publisher. I'm still deciding between the Matte Black or Shiny Black shields.

Is there anyway you guys can transfer that design to Photoshop format and send me the file? That would be awesome. Also if you can make the design in two or three different sizes (without going over the margins) would be even better. Thanks!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back