V-MODA Shield Design Discussion
Apr 5, 2014 at 6:48 AM Post #871 of 1,269
Yeah it is a crock. What is stopping them from showing the $45 price upfront? I'm just saying , if $45 seems too much to pay for this service, or if you would feel a bit cheated at seeing this sudden price difference at checkout, and don't feel like going ahead with it, save yourself some time, and don't bother with the whole process.

NB. I just saw your screenshot, and re-checked the site. The price didn't change to $45 when I tried to order last night. It only showed up at checkout. A bit funny it's different after I told them about it.

Apr 5, 2014 at 7:05 AM Post #872 of 1,269
This is the email reply I got from them....

"
For one of our preset designs, or font only, the cost is $25. If you would like to upload your own design the cost is $45. Unfortunately, our site is only able to show one price, and not both. We apologize for any confusion. Let us know if you have any other questions."​

I wasn't accusing them of ripping anyone off, and I like the company and it's products. It seemed mis-leading and was an inconveniance.​

Apr 5, 2014 at 7:07 AM Post #873 of 1,269
  Crock, you say? It's pretty clear to me. Customs always cost more.
Oh, and if you're ordering a new pair of the XS, the shields, custom or not, are free. Try adding an XS with custom shields to your cart. V-MODA isn't trying to rip anyone off.

Yes, like this. One price at a time. What should the page say?
On-Ear Shield Kits $25/$45
  This is the email reply I got from them....

"
For one of our preset designs, or font only, the cost is $25. If you would like to upload your own design the cost is $45. Unfortunately, our site is only able to show one price, and not both. We apologize for any confusion. Let us know if you have any other questions."​

Yeah it is a crock. What is stopping them from showing the $45 price upfront? I'm just saying , if $45 seems too much to pay for this service, or if you would feel a bit cheated at seeing this sudden price difference at checkout, and don't feel like going ahead with it, save yourself some time, and don't bother with the whole process.

NB. I just saw your screenshot, and re-checked the site. The price didn't change to $45 when I tried to order last night. It only showed up at checkout. A bit funny it's different after I told them about it.

It's always been that way in my experience with them, since I ordered custom shields from them 2 years ago. They updated their entire site on March 25th. The new site may have had a bug or two. It's always showed the priced change when I looked at it.

Apr 5, 2014 at 10:09 AM Post #874 of 1,269

The new ::V-MODA:: shields in
the color "matte blue" are
now avaible on amazon.com
for 25 bugs.

Let's do a comparison between
the matte black and the matte
blue.

If you have questions, write me via PM!

Apr 5, 2014 at 10:38 PM Post #875 of 1,269

Nonsense! I have been seeing the price change to $45 as the previous poster said as well ever since I started thinking about going with my own design for the plates. You are making a HUGE deal out of nothing really. You expressed your idea, stop beating a dead horse.

Apr 6, 2014 at 12:23 AM Post #876 of 1,269

The new ::V-MODA:: shields in
the color "matte blue" are
now avaible on amazon.com
for 25 bugs.

Let's do a comparison between
the matte black and the matte
blue.

If you have questions, write me via PM!

Very nice! I may have to grab a set of those. :)

Edit: I'll grab a set from v moda direct once they put them up there so I can get them engraved. :)

Apr 6, 2014 at 1:53 AM Post #878 of 1,269
  Nonsense! I have been seeing the price change to $45 as the previous poster said as well ever since I started thinking about going with my own design for the plates. You are making a HUGE deal out of nothing really. You expressed your idea, stop beating a dead horse.

I did stop. You're the one who's continuing it buddy.

Apr 6, 2014 at 3:48 AM Post #879 of 1,269
I tried downloading Adobe Illustrator as stated in the earlier pages of the post but the page is not working. Does anyone know of an image depot that members may have been uploading their designs to? I'm trying to find a spartan helmet and shield image in the correct format.

Apr 6, 2014 at 3:55 AM Post #880 of 1,269
  I tried downloading Adobe Illustrator as stated in the earlier pages of the post but the page is not working. Does anyone know of an image depot that members may have been uploading their designs to? I'm trying to find a spartan helmet and shield image in the correct format.

Is this any help? https://www.google.com.au/search?q=spartan+helmet+shield&safe=off&client=firefox-a&hs=XG4&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:xf_eek:fficial&channel=sb&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=KAhBU6HMDMS3kAXluoHgDQ&ved=0CCkQsAQ&biw=1366&bih=665#channel=sb&q=spartan+helmet+shield&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:xf_eek:fficial&safe=off&tbm=isch&tbs=ic:gray

What do you mean "correct format"?

They accept most image files.

Apr 6, 2014 at 5:54 AM Post #882 of 1,269
  Thanks, yes it does help. I had a few images saved already but thought they needed to be in a specific file format. I must have misread something when researching it.

I think they prefer that you download one of the Adobe templates and layer your image in an image editor. Then u can save the image with the template in one of the Adobe formats. Check their website for details. Otherwise you can just submit your desired image as a jpeg or whatever, but that will mean that the VModa staff will decide how the image is placed on the shield.

Apr 6, 2014 at 4:50 PM Post #883 of 1,269
I am planning to order the V-MODA XS in white/silver with a pair of custom shields in Gunmetal with my initials "AS" on it like this:

I found the logo online being offered to the public for free.  Any comments on how this looks before I place my order?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back