V-MODA Reconnects with Head-Fi as a Sponsor
Aug 3, 2020 at 12:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

V-MODA

Sponsor: V-MODA
V-MODAxHead-Fi-03.jpg

Head-Fiers, it’s been a while! Sorry we’ve been a bit quiet lately; We’ve been making a lot of big changes, not only to our brand and how we operate, but most importantly to our products and how we make them. As some of you will know, 2019 marked the next step in our partnership with Roland, which has enabled us to better deliver on our commitments to quality and personalization as we develop our product lines to best meet your needs and reflect the future of music. We have been a part of the Head-Fi community in the past, both as a sponsor and an active contributor to discussions which have helped us to glean the knowledge and feedback of the community to build better products. We are delighted to announce our return as a Head-Fi sponsor to renew that commitment and to re-engage with you all to develop our best audio experiences yet.

As a part of that, we’ve brought on Andrew, a long-time member of the V-MODA community who has a background in technology, gaming, and bringing AAA events to life. So, from now on, keep an eye out for his posts alongside ours for announcements about V-MODA products, events, sales, and more. We are happy to have Andrew as a part of our team and hope you’ll welcome him as your go-to guy on Head-Fi for all things V-MODA.

For those curious, we would be glad to share some of the big changes we’ve made recently. Firstly, we’ve made a huge shift in how and where we produce some of the latest V-MODA products. The new M-200 are now manufactured by a Japanese-owned, Thailand-based factory to ensure we can continue pursuing the highest levels of quality control. As a result, this has expanded our capacity to produce headphones and extended our capabilities in more narrowly defining specifications to meet our quality requirements. At V-MODA, we strive to build products that we ourselves would want to use and a solid, reliable manufacturing process is a critical part of that.

V-MODA-Audiophile-850x300-01.jpg

With the M-200 we wanted to represent the sound of our times, as we have since our establishment in 2004. While still catering to the DJs delivering cutting-edge music on the decks, we also want to evolve alongside those creating the latest music trends. They are the DJ producers who need the right tools to help them delicately mix and master tracks capable of topping the global charts.

The M-200 provides a studio monitoring experience which translates into a flatter frequency curve when compared to the classic V-MODA sound. Make no mistake, we will never go as far as saying “the flatter the better”; However, we do believe that audio equipment that is designed with a purpose in mind requires its own unique sound signatures and attributes. The new V-MODA sound we have introduced is a testament to this. We took several key aspects into consideration during the development phase of the M-200, including unprecedented (even for us!) audio quality and fidelity as well as comfort and durability. This philosophy extends to the accessories included as well, from our ¼” adapter to our new balanced audio cable to meet the needs of audio professionals and audiophiles like you guys, everywhere.

V-MODA-Lifestyle-850x300-02.jpg

We look forward to once again becoming an active part of this community and, as always, we welcome any feedback or constructive criticism to help make our products better for everyone. Should you ever have any you’d like to pass our way, our customer support, Head-Fi conversations, and social media channels are always open to you.

The V-MODA Team

Aug 4, 2020 at 1:40 AM Post #2 of 12
Hey VModa team, great to have you in the conversation. I had actually written off the 200 as a potential set of DJ cans for me but this post has captured my attention :)

Could you please talk about the philosophy behind the m200 a bit more? Is it designed for both DJ duties and production mixing capacity? I’m just getting into DJ land but am a long time music artist who generally prefers good clean strong bass in a well balanced signature... if that makes sense. I think Harman or “fun harman” with a little extra oomph in the Bass/treble while keeping nice mids is right up my alley.

I had been thinking about the AKG K371 for this reason but the vmoda with a better dj experience might actually be more up my alley for this use case

thanks!

Aug 4, 2020 at 9:21 AM Post #3 of 12
Hey VModa team, great to have you in the conversation. I had actually written off the 200 as a potential set of DJ cans for me but this post has captured my attention :)

Could you please talk about the philosophy behind the m200 a bit more? Is it designed for both DJ duties and production mixing capacity? I’m just getting into DJ land but am a long time music artist who generally prefers good clean strong bass in a well balanced signature... if that makes sense. I think Harman or “fun harman” with a little extra oomph in the Bass/treble while keeping nice mids is right up my alley.

I had been thinking about the AKG K371 for this reason but the vmoda with a better dj experience might actually be more up my alley for this use case

thanks!

Hey AlwaysForward, cheers for the warm welcome back!

At the beginning of next week we actually plan on posting a more comprehensive thread on the M-200s which should hopefully give you the information you're after. In the meantime the short version is, yes. They *could* be used for both DJ duties and production capacity; However, with M-200, the big focal point for its development was production and recording with its sound signature reflecting that through delivery of high-resolution audio. Meaning that when you ultimately listen to what you have produced you should be able to clearly differentiate between all the instruments, synthesizers, etc you have used in production.

Wanted to come back and actually update/add to this after looking at the K371s -- You could do something like this if you wanted the extra "oomph" when performing as well, the M-100 Masters were designed and refined for live performance. You could use these for that purpose and M-200 for recording & producing. This way you have tools specially tailored for getting each job done with excellence.

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2020 at 11:22 AM Post #4 of 12
Welcome back guys! It's good to see you've made some improvements and are bringing a slightly different approach to your product line. I'm excited to read over that upcoming thread and looking forward to seeing the impact you guys will have on the community of not only us listeners but also the many DJs and Producers/Musicians out there.

I frankly have often preferred headphones with a "studio neutral" tuning myself over the years for not only my own listening but also my editing, so I think taking that approach will net you guys some awesome success! An I'm sure these new M-200's prove to be as insanely durable as the original were rumor'd to be haha

Aug 4, 2020 at 12:51 PM Post #5 of 12
Welcome back guys! It's good to see you've made some improvements and are bringing a slightly different approach to your product line. I'm excited to read over that upcoming thread and looking forward to seeing the impact you guys will have on the community of not only us listeners but also the many DJs and Producers/Musicians out there.

I frankly have often preferred headphones with a "studio neutral" tuning myself over the years for not only my own listening but also my editing, so I think taking that approach will net you guys some awesome success! An I'm sure these new M-200's prove to be as insanely durable as the original were rumor'd to be haha

Thank you Mshenay :) It's definitely different for us for sure, but we are really happy with the outcome. It's a whole new sound for us which, if you've had the opportunity to use any of V-MODA's previous products they were tuned more for live performances. Stay tuned for more!

Aug 10, 2020 at 9:41 AM Post #10 of 12
Welcome Back, guys. Recently upgraded my Crossfade 1s w/ the XL pads...

Aug 10, 2020 at 12:39 PM Post #12 of 12
Thanks for the warm welcome!

Still rocking the LPs, that's awesome! How are they holding up after all these years?

V-modas are BUILT to Last. With normal TLC ofc. Purchased 2017 April.
I can still remember my Crossfades as one of the properly implemented W/l Bluetooth cans.
Not finicky when it comes to pairing.
All are in proper working order. Thank you for the excellent product...
:beerchug:
IMG_20200810_203455.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back