V-Moda M-80s at Radio Shack for $40!!!
Sep 26, 2013 at 7:35 PM Post #31 of 82
For those that purchased theirs during the Labor Day weekend sale of $80, you have approx 4 days left to get a refund on the difference.

I went to an RS last night to get the refund and the kid says they couldn't do it. It was either they didn't know how to or were too lazy to do it. I wanted to talk to a manager and he says they went home already and he's acting manager. I told him to call because it was done to another head-fier in the deals forum. He smugly calls another RS manager about the situation and his face changed to humbled as the person on the line told him it can be refunded.

After being served a slice of humble pie and refunded my ~$42, I walked out of there with a smile cuz I was able to partake in this awesome deal.

Sep 26, 2013 at 8:51 PM Post #33 of 82
On a whim stopped into the RS here in austin. Awesome manager ordered me some from the Ft. Worth warehouse, should be here Monday. Also got some S3, cause he said the S4 was not on sale according to him computer. Can someone PM me a screencap of the $10 coupon? I registered a few differnt emails and got nothing. 

Sep 26, 2013 at 9:07 PM Post #34 of 82
  On a whim stopped into the RS here in austin. Awesome manager ordered me some from the Ft. Worth warehouse, should be here Monday. Also got some S3, cause he said the S4 was not on sale according to him computer. Can someone PM me a screencap of the $10 coupon? I registered a few differnt emails and got nothing. 

Just as a heads up the radioshack $10 coupon is a one time deal and each coupon has their own bar code.

Sep 26, 2013 at 9:27 PM Post #35 of 82
Mine arrived today.  Used the $10 coupon.  A little over $30 for a $200+ headphone.  Best deal I've ever gotten on headphones... unless Amazon comes through with the Beyer DT250's.  Won't know about that until November or December.

Sep 26, 2013 at 9:34 PM Post #36 of 82
Sep 26, 2013 at 9:43 PM Post #37 of 82

Please I need it too.

The coupon is "one and done".  It has a unique code on it that can only be used once.  The only way to get one is to have an email address with a ".edu" (educational institution) extension.

Sep 26, 2013 at 9:49 PM Post #38 of 82

The coupon is "one and done".  It has a unique code on it that can only be used once.  The only way to get one is to have an email address with a ".edu" (educational institution) extension.

They sent one to my gmail account. I do have a edu account but I did not use it. I think the .edu one is a different deal for 10% off. The $10 off is for signing up for their email newsletter thingy (the strange thing is you can uncheck the send me email crap, so you do not receive junk mail). 

I noticed everyone is getting their phones price adjusted from $80 however will they adjust for a coupon. I did not realize this coupon existed when I bought mine..

Sep 26, 2013 at 10:51 PM Post #40 of 82

No problem, I can use my CMU account.  Can't find the one and done $10 deal so I applied for the 10% off.  How can I find the $10 one?

Sep 26, 2013 at 11:46 PM Post #41 of 82
I can not remember/find the link to the $10 coupon somebody gave, but it was at the bottom of the .edu account stuff. It talked about the 10% at the top then said sign up for our email at the bottom and receive $10 off. Then the email will be sent with a coupon (it may be located in your promotions tab if you use gmail, or spam for other email accounts).

If I recall right if you shop at the store you do not even need to sign up if you have a College school ID. You just have to show it to the cashier at radioshack to get 10% off however the radioshack employees are not always in the know. So you may have to argue with them a little bit to save your dollar or two.

Sep 27, 2013 at 12:11 AM Post #42 of 82
When I signed up for the .edu email address/10% off thing, it was the $10 coupon sitting in my inbox.  "Thanks for joining/take $10 off" was essentially the title of the email.  Should be one of the first, if not the first, email you receive when you sign up.  At least it was in my case and I believe at least one other before me (which is where I first read you would get both deals for signing up after all)

Sep 27, 2013 at 12:24 AM Post #43 of 82
Second on calling ahead.  Looked online at a store near me and they said they had them.  Went over and they said they have one pair but its broken/not functional and that's why their inventory shows as having it in stock.  Thankfully it wasn't too far away so I didn't totally mind.  Was just mildly disappointed.  They were very helpful and called a few other stores for me at least.  Of course they were out too, but still, I appreciated the effort.

Decided to call that store back up today as they said one store told them to call back (when they were trying to track it down elsewhere and get them shipped there for me).  On my follow up they told me all of those stores were out so it was a no go.  I ended up trying the RS in my town instead (much smaller store, never showed it as in stock online) and they directed me to another RS that never showed up on my original search.  Called them up, they had them and were nice enough to hold them on the side for me. I drove the 30 minutes over and just picked them up.  Its weird what does/doesn't show up when you do the store locator.  Even though the store I got them from was within 25 miles of my zip code, it didn't pop up until I entered in a zip code for that town/a town right next to it.  These were all in north NJ for what its worth.  May be another store or two in the (general) area that has something, as I didn't expect to still get these today.  Last pair at the store I was at in Clifton though in case that still shows as available online.  

Hmmm, were you at the Orange store? I went to that store and they told me someone called to hold a set of M80s 30 mins ago hahaha. Store locator only works up to 10 miles, that's why.

10 off 40 code. http://slickdeals.net/f/6260128-radioshack-10-off-coupon-for-a-qualifying-in-store-or-online-purchase-of-40-or-more

Sep 27, 2013 at 12:26 AM Post #44 of 82
Actually no.  I had went to the Short Hills one.  That and Orange were the only two that showed up as having them for me.  I first saw about the whole thing about an hour before the store was going to close and Short Hills was closer, so that's what I opted for.  But that was last night.  So anything going on today... I'm not the guy to blame... well, not for that store at least.

Sep 27, 2013 at 12:28 AM Post #45 of 82
Actually no.  I had went to the Short Hills one.  That and Orange were the only two that showed up as having them for me.  I first saw about the whole thing about an hour before the store was going to close and Short Hills was closer, so that's what I opted for.  But that was last night.  So anything going on today... I'm not the guy to blame... well, not for that store at least.

Oh actually I went to Orange on tues and it was reserved then. And lol I think a lot of people went to Short Hills, myself included.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back