V-Moda M-80s at Radio Shack for $40!!!
Sep 27, 2013 at 5:23 AM Post #46 of 82

Second on calling ahead.  Looked online at a store near me and they said they had them.  Went over and they said they have one pair but its broken/not functional and that's why their inventory shows as having it in stock.  Thankfully it wasn't too far away so I didn't totally mind.  Was just mildly disappointed.  They were very helpful and called a few other stores for me at least.  Of course they were out too, but still, I appreciated the effort.

Decided to call that store back up today as they said one store told them to call back (when they were trying to track it down elsewhere and get them shipped there for me).  On my follow up they told me all of those stores were out so it was a no go.  I ended up trying the RS in my town instead (much smaller store, never showed it as in stock online) and they directed me to another RS that never showed up on my original search.  Called them up, they had them and were nice enough to hold them on the side for me. I drove the 30 minutes over and just picked them up.  Its weird what does/doesn't show up when you do the store locator.  Even though the store I got them from was within 25 miles of my zip code, it didn't pop up until I entered in a zip code for that town/a town right next to it.  These were all in north NJ for what its worth.  May be another store or two in the (general) area that has something, as I didn't expect to still get these today.  Last pair at the store I was at in Clifton though in case that still shows as available online.  

Hmmm, were you at the Orange store? I went to that store and they told me someone called to hold a set of M80s 30 mins ago hahaha. Store locator only works up to 10 miles, that's why.

10 off 40 code. http://slickdeals.net/f/6260128-radioshack-10-off-coupon-for-a-qualifying-in-store-or-online-purchase-of-40-or-more

Thanks and I used that yesterday, but it is still only 10% off for my code and not $10 off...  Do I have to sub their email to get it?

Sep 27, 2013 at 12:07 PM Post #51 of 82
  I felt he same way right out of the box. I dusted off my E11 amp and it made such a huge difference!

Didn't make much difference with my Bravo tube amp. Giving it about 50 hrs to burn in before comparisons. So far it doesn't come close to my Takstars, Superlux, Somics, and Noontec Hammos.

Sep 27, 2013 at 12:17 PM Post #52 of 82
  Love the deal, but the headphones are a little underwhelming for me so far. Hoping burn-in will add a little more bass, and that EQ can fix some oddities I hear. Other than that, damn good deal.

More bass 
blink.gif
. I guess if your a bass head. I tried these hooked up to my clip zip and ipod directly and the bass was really out of control on those players. I had my zips bass eq at -8. Though they do lack the impact (imo) compared to full size headphones. I did find they clean up when paired to an amp, and I am shocked how many details I can hear on my DX100. Granted the ibasso is overkill, as nobody would buy an $800+ player for headphones they paid $40 for.

Sep 27, 2013 at 2:07 PM Post #53 of 82
Had my brother on Long Island pick up a pair since there are none in the Tampa area. Hopefully he visits soon. $10 coupons didn't work. He tried one he got and 2 I got and none worked. Also picked up Comply T400 for $4.

Sep 27, 2013 at 3:41 PM Post #55 of 82
Personally I love radioshack. Its a huge markup, but if I need a component for a project today, its nice. 

I had the M80s before. I sold them because at $100 I did not have a reason to keep them. But for $40, I dont mind throwing them in the backpack and whatever. They are VERY robust headphones, with a good sound signature. Also I like taking calls on them. 

Sep 27, 2013 at 3:44 PM Post #56 of 82
  Personally I love radioshack. Its a huge markup, but if I need a component for a project today, its nice. 

I had the M80s before. I sold them because at $100 I did not have a reason to keep them. But for $40, I dont mind throwing them in the backpack and whatever. They are VERY robust headphones, with a good sound signature. Also I like taking calls on them. 

i agree, for projects they are the best, you can get most of anything you need all at one place which is nice

Sep 27, 2013 at 4:01 PM Post #57 of 82
Anyone feel sorry for all the folks around here that paid market price for these?  Getting them for $30 or $40 seems like cheating.

Sep 27, 2013 at 4:03 PM Post #58 of 82
  Anyone feel sorry for all the folks around here that paid market price for these?  Getting them for $30 or $40 seems like cheating.

Way of the world. I bet V-Moda is bringing a new model soon. So they are clearing out all stock. You always pay a premium to get stuff early. They have been around ~80-100 for a while on ebay and whatnot. 

Sep 27, 2013 at 6:47 PM Post #60 of 82
Blech, I went back to 2 RS to see if I could still get $10 off my purchased headphones and neither of the stores would do it. Oh well. I did find a CD that I liked for $1 at a CD store, so the trip was not a total loss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back