V-MODA M-100 & VTF-100 Appreciation Thread: Images, Impressions, Reviews.
Oct 11, 2012 at 9:04 PM Post #361 of 925
Thanks Craigster! Guess I'll be passing on the M-100. I don't want to only be able to enjoy the sound of the M-100s for 30 mins at a time, and if I were to use them as a travel headphone while flying, I'm definitely going to need my ears not to hurt that quickly :p

Comfort is normally a personal thing so you should try them out before dismissing them so quickly!

Oct 11, 2012 at 9:20 PM Post #362 of 925
Quote:
Comfort is normally a personal thing so you should try them out before dismissing them so quickly!

True, the problem is I have the Crossfade LPs and they cause my ears to want to fall off within 30 mins. Seems like the depth of the cups from LP to M-100 hasn't changed and the UE6000 is just barely deep enough to not cause my ears any pain. I can actually feel the tip of my ear hitting the inside of the cup, but it's not enough to hurt my ears and the UE6000 seems to have less clamp than the M-100s.

Oct 11, 2012 at 9:58 PM Post #365 of 925
Quote:
 The way I'd summarise the soundstage and imaging to my ears is that some of the other headphones sound like a big gig in a small pub/bar but the M-100 sounds like a gig in a concert with you sitting around the 5th row from the front.

Dear Anakchan,

Can you point out the music you used to determine the soundstage?

Can you do your soundstage comparisons using this:

Very well done video using binaural audio.

Oct 11, 2012 at 10:27 PM Post #366 of 925
Thanks Craigster! Guess I'll be passing on the M-100. I don't want to only be able to enjoy the sound of the M-100s for 30 mins at a time, and if I were to use them as a travel headphone while flying, I'm definitely going to need my ears not to hurt that quickly :p

Or you could just let the pain sit in. And eventually you will get used to it and not feel it at all. Thats what I did with my Lps and M80s. so Ill do it for my M100s. curse my unatached earlobes!

Oct 11, 2012 at 10:38 PM Post #367 of 925
Quote:
Dear Anakchan,

Can you point out the music you used to determine the soundstage?

Can you do your soundstage comparisons using this:

I think you asked about the soundstage in a different post. I can do a quick comparison between the M100 and the 598 tomorrow.

Oct 11, 2012 at 10:48 PM Post #369 of 925
Quote:
Or you could just let the pain sit in. And eventually you will get used to it and not feel it at all. Thats what I did with my Lps and M80s. so Ill do it for my M100s. curse my unatached earlobes!

Wish I could do this but I guess my ears are just too sensitive. I've tried using the LPs for over 3 months hoping that I would get used to it but it seems they just get sore even quicker and with more pain as time goes on, to the point it causes me headaches if I try to endure it.

Oct 11, 2012 at 11:08 PM Post #372 of 925
Quote:
Although the M4U2 is an excellent headphone, M-100 resolution is higher and has superior bass punch, making M-100 a much more enjoyable and exciting listening experience for me.

I guess I can cross this one off the list as well...

Oct 12, 2012 at 12:45 AM Post #375 of 925
The Two Fingers LP came in today so I figured it was appropriate. I actually just got in The Foley Room in on vinyl as well...oh, and his huge box set a week or so ago. 

biggrin.gif

Quote:
Off topic, but nice Amon Tobin avatar.
wink.gif

Can't wait to hear ISAM on the M-100! Woo!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back