V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Nov 16, 2013 at 7:14 AM Post #17,506 of 23,366

Yeah, and the split headband - still trying to figure out the best way to situate those.  I usually just have them together like a normal headband.  Btw, only the left earcup assembly folds, right?

Only one earcup folds.  I've been using them with the cables to the left so my right earcup can fold.  I don't see any clear L or R markings on the Amperiors.  Oh well.  Sorry to go off topic guys.

M-100S RULE!!! 
L3000.gif

Nov 16, 2013 at 9:52 AM Post #17,507 of 23,366

Only one earcup folds.  I've been using them with the cables to the left so my right earcup can fold.  I don't see any clear L or R markings on the Amperiors.  Oh well.  Sorry to go off topic guys.

M-100S RULE!!! 
L3000.gif

Couldn't find one either, until I looked at the manual where they did indicate that the cabled side is R.  I also had a few tracks where the voice started slightly right of center that was starting left of center on the Amperiors.  That's when I figured I had it backwards.

Nov 16, 2013 at 11:57 AM Post #17,509 of 23,366
Friends, Forums, Countrymen: lend me your ears.

Two new updates and an announcement...

V-MODA MILANO'S FIRST DESIGN: M-100 VIDEO COMMERCIALS
A lot of people wonder why we do not advertise/market that much, the truth is I feel the "marketing" is baked into the product and it should speak for itself. By being product and people focused, over time quality wins.  

In fact, on average we have had only 1 dedicated junior person in marketing team for the last 4 years. Sometimes it has been zero - just Joseph (our designer) and I! 

But, we are now expanding globally into Europe with our V-MODA Milano design studio next to Castello Sforzesco (where Da Vinci worked) as well as with our Asia/Pacific office, we decided to make some killer videos and build a little bigger team to amplify our vision.

This video is the first product we designed 100% from start to finish in Milano with our new team, it is a preview into the creativity and global engineering we are pouring into future products and brand communication. The future in-ear, bluetooth speaker, new site and products we are forging to celebrate our 10th year anniversary are quite exhilarating.  

Thanks everybody for your input and ideas, it is vital feedback and we truly take all the feedback to heart to make a better product for the people, by the people.

PS - YES - I AM IN THE VIDEO AND THERE WILL BE A LONGER ONE, THIS IS THE 30s VERSION

VIOLA!:

ROMAN FORUMS
I am going to the real Forums for a special photo shoot this week to thank everybody here and to launch "XS". I can't wait for you to see it, the photos will be done Nov 27!

-V

Nov 17, 2013 at 3:14 PM Post #17,511 of 23,366
  Friends, Forums, Countrymen: lend me your ears.

Two new updates and an announcement...

V-MODA MILANO'S FIRST DESIGN: M-100 VIDEO COMMERCIALS
A lot of people wonder why we do not advertise/market that much, the truth is I feel the "marketing" is baked into the product and it should speak for itself. By being product and people focused, over time quality wins.  

In fact, on average we have had only 1 dedicated junior person in marketing team for the last 4 years. Sometimes it has been zero - just Joseph (our designer) and I! 

But, we are now expanding globally into Europe with our V-MODA Milano design studio next to Castello Sforzesco (where Da Vinci worked) as well as with our Asia/Pacific office, we decided to make some killer videos and build a little bigger team to amplify our vision.

This video is the first product we designed 100% from start to finish in Milano with our new team, it is a preview into the creativity and global engineering we are pouring into future products and brand communication. The future in-ear, bluetooth speaker, new site and products we are forging to celebrate our 10th year anniversary are quite exhilarating.  

Thanks everybody for your input and ideas, it is vital feedback and we truly take all the feedback to heart to make a better product for the people, by the people.

PS - YES - I AM IN THE VIDEO AND THERE WILL BE A LONGER ONE, THIS IS THE 30s VERSION

VIOLA!:

ROMAN FORUMS
I am going to the real Forums for a special photo shoot this week to thank everybody here and to launch "XS". I can't wait for you to see it, the photos will be done Nov 27!

-V

quite surprising you have such a fantastic following without much emphasis on marketing. i think you can see the impact on marketing with beats. i personally think that vmoda has that potential as well, their combination of style and apparently well loved sound quality is instrumental in our now mobile/smartphone and headphone era.

especially with clearly your willingness to listen to the consumers and doing your best to accomodate to their needs is instrumental. Making your company soo very well respected, and will continue to maintain and grow your fan-base.

no gimmicks here just the right balance of style and substance imo

mind you i am only 21, but i have not seen this much emphasis on headphones. u see people always plugged in wherever you go, walking, busing, libraries, coffee shops, even supermarkets!

kudos to you, val!

Nov 17, 2013 at 3:30 PM Post #17,512 of 23,366
Any info on the "XS"..?

Nov 18, 2013 at 6:55 PM Post #17,513 of 23,366
Any info on the "XS"..?

a quick google search revealed some cached pages where the vmoda xs is referred to as an on-ear pair of headphones w/ a clickmic (whatever that means). color was white/silver & matte black.

dunno how accurate this is. pages are from retailers but even the cached pages have been taken down.

Nov 18, 2013 at 7:15 PM Post #17,514 of 23,366
Putting two and two together, SpiderNhan has seen them around Val's neck when they ran into each other on the streets of NYC.  

http://www.head-fi.org/t/592389/v-moda-m-100-discussion-feedback-reviews-pics-etc/17115#post_9895195

Nov 18, 2013 at 7:30 PM Post #17,516 of 23,366
So I got the XL memory foam earpads, does anyone know exactly how to install them? I think I can see how, but it seems like it's a HUGE hassle. Has anyone done this?

To me, what worked best was to insert all four fingers into the cup and yank away.  It'll feel like you just ripped the heck out of it, but it should come out.  Then, match the bottom (which should have a flat edge to the otherwise diamond shape) and work your way around, pressing and hearing a distinct snap each time.  Good luck with it.  I ripped a bit of the leather of my original cup because I didn't have all my fingers in and didn't have balanced pressure.

It's definitely worth the upgrade!

Nov 18, 2013 at 7:49 PM Post #17,517 of 23,366
On the comfort issue, the M100 with XL pads are much more comfortable than other tight-fit (i.e smaller pad) over-ear headphones.  I tried out the B&W P7 last night, which is an over the ear model with rectangular pads, and I found it to be less comfortable than the M100 with XL pads.  The size of the XL pads is just right for me -- I think the hexagonal pad shape of the M100/XL beats the rectangular pad shape of the P7 for comfort.  Listening to the M100 now...

Nov 18, 2013 at 7:50 PM Post #17,518 of 23,366
I'm going to be posting two huge threads on the CoilPro and XL pads in the next few days. I have the photos from my DLSR, just need to find the time to post the threads.

Nov 18, 2013 at 7:51 PM Post #17,519 of 23,366

To me, what worked best was to insert all four fingers into the cup and yank away.  It'll feel like you just ripped the heck out of it, but it should come out.  Then, match the bottom (which should have a flat edge to the otherwise diamond shape) and work your way around, pressing and hearing a distinct snap each time.  Good luck with it.  I ripped a bit of the leather of my original cup because I didn't have all my fingers in and didn't have balanced pressure.

It's definitely worth the upgrade!

Thanks! I'll give that a shot

Users who are viewing this thread

Back