V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Nov 13, 2013 at 2:04 PM Post #17,476 of 23,366
How long have you had your unit?
Maybe you can try a return?
I listened extensively new and after 1200hrs and sound was never as you described and I feel got more better.
Bass less separated and mids clear and less recessed but maybe its the pads?
Anyway it sounds very good regardless just a slight treble edge..

It's definitely still within the warranty period - just got it a week ago and nowhere near 120 hours of break-in; probably not even halfway.  I do have the XLs ordered based on some recommendations here as well.  So, can't wait to get those.

Good luck! Hope you find what you're looking for.

Thanks.  Incidentally, the Amperiors just shipped and should be here by tomorrow. 

Have you tried using a different audio cable? Some products are incompatible with the microphone cable.

Which ones would you use with the m100s?  Also, clarify incompatible - are you saying the cable that came with the m100s may be incompatible with the m100s?

Nov 13, 2013 at 3:01 PM Post #17,477 of 23,366

It's definitely still within the warranty period - just got it a week ago and nowhere near 120 hours of break-in; probably not even halfway.  I do have the XLs ordered based on some recommendations here as well.  So, can't wait to get those.

Thanks.  Incidentally, the Amperiors just shipped and should be here by tomorrow. 

Which ones would you use with the m100s?  Also, clarify incompatible - are you saying the cable that came with the m100s may be incompatible with the m100s?

Be sure to share your impressions on those xl pads when you get them as I myself am interested on the difference in sound and comfort compared to the standard ones.

How much did you paid for your amperiors?

And no, he's saying the microphone cable of the m100s might not be fully compatible with your iPod and that could be the reason why you are hearing a muffled sound.

Nov 13, 2013 at 3:15 PM Post #17,478 of 23,366
  Be sure to share your impressions on those xl pads when you get them as I myself am interested on the difference in sound and comfort compared to the standard ones.

How much did you paid for your amperiors?

And no, he's saying the microphone cable of the m100s might not be fully compatible with your iPod and that could be the reason why you are hearing a muffled sound.

Will do on the XL pads for sure.

I paid $146 shipped as someone suggested in the Deals thread.  It'll be more of a light, portable alternative unless it fully takes over, depending on my impressions when I get them.

Regarding the cables...hmm, never considered that.  Some of the other songs sounded fine and really seems to change with the music.  What would you guys recommend for cables?

Nov 13, 2013 at 3:31 PM Post #17,479 of 23,366
easiest way to get the XL pads in the UK? postage from V-Moda's website is far too expensive

Far too expensive? You mean normal flat rates? Including English pounds to US conversion rate in your favor?
You'll get taxed if you buy from America and send to the UK.
Amazon is the way to go in the UK.

Nov 13, 2013 at 3:36 PM Post #17,480 of 23,366

Will do on the XL pads for sure.

I paid $146 shipped as someone suggested in the Deals thread.  It'll be more of a light, portable alternative unless it fully takes over, depending on my impressions when I get them.

Regarding the cables...hmm, never considered that.  Some of the other songs sounded fine and really seems to change with the music.  What would you guys recommend for cables?

Wait, you bought them used right?
I'm asking cause I'm trying to get rid of an extra pair I have but I don't know if asking $140 for a near-mint set sounds fair to you, cause all the offers I've had so far are like $100 :|

Nov 13, 2013 at 5:23 PM Post #17,481 of 23,366
  Wait, you bought them used right?
I'm asking cause I'm trying to get rid of an extra pair I have but I don't know if asking $140 for a near-mint set sounds fair to you, cause all the offers I've had so far are like $100 :|

No, they're new, purchased from VMInnovations.

Nov 13, 2013 at 11:11 PM Post #17,482 of 23,366
How did you got them for that price?
Did they have any promotion or did you use a coupon or something?

Nov 13, 2013 at 11:16 PM Post #17,483 of 23,366
Anyone compare these to he new beats studio? I know they aren't the same, but I listened tonight at a Target store and was really impressed, blown away really as I had zero expectations with beats. I want the m100 but won't get to try them out before buying.

Nov 13, 2013 at 11:27 PM Post #17,484 of 23,366
  How did you got them for that price?
Did they have any promotion or did you use a coupon or something?

The blue ones are still $162 and the silver are still $160.  I signed up for their newsletter to get another 10% off.  Newegg had the silver ones for $157 over the weekend.

Nov 13, 2013 at 11:32 PM Post #17,485 of 23,366
That's what I thought, thanks.

Nov 14, 2013 at 7:32 AM Post #17,486 of 23,366
Anyone compare these to he new beats studio? I know they aren't the same, but I listened tonight at a Target store and was really impressed, blown away really as I had zero expectations with beats. I want the m100 but won't get to try them out before buying.

I know compared with the Beats Solo, the M-100's have less bass, more treble, more clarity and distinction between instruments.

Nov 14, 2013 at 7:50 AM Post #17,487 of 23,366

I know compared with the Beats Solo, the M-100's have less bass, more treble, more clarity and distinction between instruments.

M-100 >> any Beats.

Nov 14, 2013 at 7:55 AM Post #17,488 of 23,366
M-100 >> any Beats.

+1

For anyone to ask for a comparison between another basshead can and the M100's should stop for a second and remember what thread they're posting in. :p

Nov 14, 2013 at 8:41 AM Post #17,489 of 23,366

I listened to the new Beats Studio and they are a marked improvement over the previous version.  M-100 will still provide tighter, more musical bass, a higher level of detail and smoother highs.

Nov 14, 2013 at 9:17 AM Post #17,490 of 23,366

Sounds fantastic. I'v had it playing for the past hour on my M-100's while doing some coding. 

I really enjoyed your work! I listened to it on my M100 w/XL Pads from my Note 3. I am a huge EDM fan. I liked the story your song told. Thanks for that with us

You have no idea how good it feels to know people enjoy my stuff!

Thanks for listening! I'm so happy you enjoyed it, even more that you enjoyed the story, and also while doing creative things such as programming!

I make music, in fact I make all my creative things (I am also a graphics designer, you can see an example in the track's picture) in order to inspire people,
because inspiration is one of the most important things in a person's life in my opinion. So knowing people listen to my stuff and get inspired by it grants a purpose to my endeavors, and it's very satisfying.

Thanks again!

For those interested in listening to my track, Heart Switch, here's another link, since the post was buried:

Enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back