V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Nov 3, 2013 at 8:05 AM Post #17,371 of 23,366
  i wish they had the vmoda phantom chrome like the LP series, to bad you cant change wingplates yet for m100

True that would be nice.
Matte black m100 + grey or chrome plates wouldn't be too bad though..

Nov 3, 2013 at 10:26 AM Post #17,374 of 23,366
on Amazon, the m100 prices have been fluctuating quite a bit for all three color models. I have seen all three color models hit the lowest price of $269.98. ...So if anyone is looking to buy the m100 now, I would suggest stalking the Amazon page for a while.

Nov 3, 2013 at 8:40 PM Post #17,376 of 23,366
  I received my XL pads and found that I still can't wear them for more than an hour. It's probably because of the size of my ears. Is there any way of making more comfortable? 

i'm sorry to hear that. maybe to the paper towel mod where you roll up paper towels and stuff them under the pads. how big are your ears? (slash how much to they protrude from your skull in mms lol)

I remember when I was headphone shopping, the Sony MDR-1R were the most comfy portable over-ear headphones I've tried in and their drivers are slanted to give your ears more clearance.

Nov 3, 2013 at 10:02 PM Post #17,377 of 23,366
I have been listening intently with my m-100 straight to my iPhone 5. I would say that with the help of an amp, you might be able to appreciate more what m-100 can offer. Other than that, it would be just like listening to your apple EarPods with a lot of punch bass and a cool factor that makes you stand out. I might end up returning my m-100 if I can't find a used Vamp Verza.

Songs I listen to most of the time : Rend Collective

Nov 3, 2013 at 10:19 PM Post #17,378 of 23,366
I have been listening intently with my m-100 straight to my iPhone 5. I would say that with the help of an amp, you might be able to appreciate more what m-100 can offer. Other than that, it would be just like listening to your apple EarPods with a lot of punch bass and a cool factor that makes you stand out. I might end up returning my m-100 if I can't find a used Vamp Verza.

just curious why specifically the vamp verza.

if you really need a cheap amp just grab the fiio e6 if anything

or what i would do is go get teh e70k andes (might have misspelled forgive me)

Nov 4, 2013 at 1:11 AM Post #17,380 of 23,366

just curious why specifically the vamp verza.

if you really need a cheap amp just grab the fiio e6 if anything

or what i would do is go get teh e70k andes (might have misspelled forgive me)

FiiO amps cannot power the M100s. Save your money unless you want to go a higher-range amp.
A cheap amplifier will do nothing for the M100s. I learned the hard way.

Nov 4, 2013 at 2:17 AM Post #17,381 of 23,366
Cannot power? A lot of people seem to enjoy them out of their iphone/androids. They are portables.. I'd say a fiio would be an improvement at least an e17 and maybe an e07k. But source/DAC may be a bigger improvement. I plan to use them with fiio x3 so no crappy phone DAC and mostly flac files. Does very well for my dt1350.

I remember my ultrasone pro900 sounded horrible and muddy straight out of a phone but great out of a decent DAC/amp like e17 from a computer. They were meant to be easy to drive and were low impedance (50ohm) but really needed good source and amping. Not portables. I can't imagine m100 could be anywhere near as bad given their reputation?

Nov 4, 2013 at 3:02 AM Post #17,382 of 23,366
FiiO amps cannot power the M100s. Save your money unless you want to go a higher-range amp.

You are talking crap here. I just recently bought a FiiO E6 and I'm using it on my M100 as well as my Sennheiser HD-280 Pro. Big improvement when using the E6 direct to a laptop or my smartphone. Although I'm not using the E6 when the headphones are plugged to a mixer for DJing.

Nov 4, 2013 at 3:39 AM Post #17,383 of 23,366

You are talking crap here. I just recently bought a FiiO E6 and I'm using it on my M100 as well as my Sennheiser HD-280 Pro. Big improvement when using the E6 direct to a laptop or my smartphone. Although I'm not using the E6 when the headphones are plugged to a mixer for DJing.

I bought FiiO's flagship amp, the E12 Mont Blanc, and it did nothing but hurt my ears and increase the bass. Explain how I'm talking crap if I'm talking from my experience, since I've owned 2 pairs of M100s, 2 pairs of LP2s, 1 FiiO E17 and 1 Fiio E12 mont blanc?

If you're talking DAC, of course the sound will be better.
It's possibly through my experience that I didn't let the amp break in, idk.
I used the E17 with my LP2s, not a big improvement, but overall a good improvement.

Nov 4, 2013 at 5:00 AM Post #17,384 of 23,366

This is a completely inaccurate statement.  While there are amps that provide greater sonic improvement, it is not even debatable that FiiO amps provide more power than is needed for every low impedance headphone on the market, including the M-100.

Nov 4, 2013 at 5:23 AM Post #17,385 of 23,366

This is a completely inaccurate statement.  While there are amps that provide greater sonic improvement, it is not even debatable that FiiO amps provide more power than is needed for every low impedance headphone on the market, including the M-100.

I bought FiiO's flagship amp, the E12 Mont Blanc, and it did nothing but hurt my ears and increase the bass. Explain how I'm talking crap if I'm talking from my experience, since I've owned 2 pairs of M100s, 2 pairs of LP2s, 1 FiiO E17 and 1 Fiio E12 mont blanc?

If you're talking DAC, of course the sound will be better.
It's possibly through my experience that I didn't let the amp break in, idk.
I used the E17 with my LP2s, not a big improvement, but overall a good improvement.

It's obviously not what I was looking for, then. I was looking for overall improvement, which it did in small amounts, but was way too loud for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back