V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Oct 31, 2013 at 1:50 PM Post #17,357 of 23,366
FiiO is very good at milking the low end market, and for that I stay away from them.

Oct 31, 2013 at 3:12 PM Post #17,358 of 23,366
  FiiO is very good at milking the low end market, and for that I stay away from them.

True................and I wish they would hire someone to make their English descriptions and marketing language understandable.  Seriously.

Nov 1, 2013 at 7:36 AM Post #17,360 of 23,366
Are there any 3-button cables available for the M-100? I can't see any on V-Moda's website.

No, not anymore.  Too bad someone con'ed mine a couple months ago and I don't have it anymore.

Are there any 3-button cables available for the M-100? I can't see any on V-Moda's website.

I own 2 LP2s. I could get you a 3 button mic cable, as mine is frayed and V-Moda will send me another.
I gave my other 3 button mic cable to a family member, can get it back and sell it to you.

Question for Mr Sheep -
Are XL Pads worth it?

Nov 1, 2013 at 9:55 AM Post #17,361 of 23,366
I own 2 LP2s. I could get you a 3 button mic cable, as mine is frayed and V-Moda will send me another.
I gave my other 3 button mic cable to a family member, can get it back and sell it to you.

Question for Mr Sheep -
Are XL Pads worth it?

Yes it is.  I have a pair of gray XL new that was never installed or worn, and if you want it maybe we can trade.

Nov 1, 2013 at 10:41 AM Post #17,362 of 23,366
xl pads are great comfort, i am thoroughly pleased. Before i had trouble with listening for more than a hour with ear discomfort (big head and glasses) but now they are great. Widens soundstage a liitle too.

Nov 1, 2013 at 10:27 PM Post #17,364 of 23,366
Aren't they already black? Or you mean the metal arms/hinges?
I agree it looks cool too and I'm not a white fan either. Although it does remind me of the old steel series Siberia a bit (but that is pretty ugly design)

I'm definitely gonna go matte black, but wondering what it'd look like with silver/grey plates. I guess it would look like the LP2 and i quite like that look. Dark grey shields + grey XL pads could work..
Have a vector design in mind of mine that I might try too..

Also, has anyone tried this softie thing on m100 stock pads and seen how comfort/sq is affected? http://www.head-fi.org/t/639534/vmoda-lp2-w-velour-mod-bossss

Nov 2, 2013 at 5:56 AM Post #17,365 of 23,366

Question for Mr Sheep -

Are XL Pads worth it?

Yes it is.  I have a pair of gray XL new that was never installed or worn, and if you want it maybe we can trade.
Grey? I have the shadow m100s. :/
Is it possible to return to V-Moda and get black ones?
This is really important -
Does anyone on Head-Fi own a pair of M100s that click unnaturally? Mine do all the time, and click and groan, very annoying, i don't know if broken or not.

Nov 3, 2013 at 1:18 AM Post #17,367 of 23,366
Does anyone on Head-Fi own a pair of M100s that click unnaturally? Mine do all the time, and click and groan, very annoying, i don't know if broken or not.

Not exactly, as it was a while ago.  And I think you need to RMA your M-100 back as it should NEVER click or groan at all.

Nov 3, 2013 at 3:44 AM Post #17,369 of 23,366

Not exactly, as it was a while ago.  And I think you need to RMA your M-100 back as it should NEVER click or groan at all.

Yeah. Done it before, V-Moda repaired and returned my headphones. Factory fault indeed, emailed and requested for a brand new pair as after 2 months they started clicking and groaning reloving around the bracket.

I don't mean to be a bigot, but I'm a professional at Photoshop. I'll see how the XL pads look with the Shadow m100s, using photo manip. and if I like it, we can organise a trade for my cable. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back