V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Oct 30, 2013 at 5:18 AM Post #17,334 of 23,366
Are there any 3-button cables available for the M-100? I can't see any on V-Moda's website.

No, not anymore.  Too bad someone con'ed mine a couple months ago and I don't have it anymore.

Oct 30, 2013 at 12:43 PM Post #17,338 of 23,366
Are there any 3-button cables available for the M-100? I can't see any on V-Moda's website.

no val mentioned a while back that their was a copyright issues with the 3 button and apple

vmoda will no longer be distributing 3 button cables, mines (3 button) just shorted out not too long ago, its still under warranty, vmoda shipped it out a little while ago. I dunno if the replacement is a 1 button to 3 button 

so the only way to get it now is to buy either:

an old vmoda headphone on amazon etc (the lps, the m80s, etc)
buy it off someone that bought way back

otherwise its only a universal 1 button from now on

sad but true =( oh wellz imo apple tanking nowadays anyway (i'm an iphone 3gs user! YEA still hasn't broke, yeaa its either durable or i take care of it ) and samsung is ruling ( everywhere i see on campus are s3s,notes, s4s or some other android) theres still iphones left but they are no where near as popular as they once were

Oct 30, 2013 at 2:45 PM Post #17,339 of 23,366
  no val mentioned a while back that their was a copyright issues with the 3 button and apple

vmoda will no longer be distributing 3 button cables, mines (3 button) just shorted out not too long ago, its still under warranty, vmoda shipped it out a little while ago. I dunno if the replacement is a 1 button to 3 button 

so the only way to get it now is to buy either:

an old vmoda headphone on amazon etc (the lps, the m80s, etc)
buy it off someone that bought way back

otherwise its only a universal 1 button from now on

sad but true =( oh wellz imo apple tanking nowadays anyway (i'm an iphone 3gs user! YEA still hasn't broke, yeaa its either durable or i take care of it ) and samsung is ruling ( everywhere i see on campus are s3s,notes, s4s or some other android) theres still iphones left but they are no where near as popular as they once were

It wouldn't be a copyright issue as there are dozens of headphones out there with the 3-button remote.  It is more of a licensing issue where Val likely decided the fee Apple was demanding would make the final cost of production prohibitive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back